• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

June Fish :)

Kungfupanda

Bells
Hey guys

So I've been looking at IGN's
Wiki and according to them, I have caught 49 of the 54 fish available in June. Despite several hours fishing, I can't find these little buggers anywhere. Has anyone reading this caught any of those lasted below? If so, any tips?

I need; Char, Gar, Giant SnakeHead, Giant Trevally and the Saddled Bichir

Giant trevally has like a 2% chance of showing up in the island (tropical fish only) and I caught a giant snakehead while it is raining (today) in the "pond lake" of my river

Giant snakehead will be in your "river pool" The place where the river widens. Took me a while to catch one but I finally did.

I caught a Char in the waterfall area. Even when I couldn't see a fish I would throw my line and occasionally get a bite.

Char is found near waterfalls 4AM-9AM and 4PM-9PM and it's a medium sized shadow.

Gar is found in the "lake" area of your river from 4PM-9AM and is a big shadow.

Saddled Bichir is found in the river from 9PM-4AM and is also a big shadow.

Giant Snakehead, like someone said, is found in the "lake" area of the river as well from 9AM-4PM big shadow.

AND Giant Trevally has been covered pretty darn well :p. It's on the island and can be found all day.

They're all pretty rare, but good luck! :D

Last edited:
As long as you're hunting at the appropriate times then it all comes down to luck.

For the Char it can be found near either waterfall; the beginning and the end, so make sure you swoop by both of them when looking for it.

Giant Trevally of course is island only.

The Gar and Snakehead can only be found in the large ''pocket'' of water in the middle of your river, and Saddled Bichir can be found anywhere in the river.

Good luck, these are all some of the rarest fish in the game.

Edit: Also, leaving the map, or Save&Continuing resets the spawn, so if you want to just camp an area then do either of these options and check back for the appropriate sized shadow for the fish you're looking for. If you don't see it repeat until you do, then catch it to hopefully get what you're looking for.

Giant trevally has like a 2% chance of showing up in the island (tropical fish only...

This can't be right; I've caught the Trevally over 20x. Every time I visit the island, I've been able to procure a Giant.

This can't be right; I've caught the Trevally over 20x. Every time I visit the island, I've been able to procure a Giant.
Just because you've had luck with the fish doesn't mean it's not right. I've had days where I catch a pocketful, I also have had days where I caught only one.
image.jpg
Also ^

Depending on the area you might have indirect increases in spawn rates for certain fish.

Then there's also just pure luck since probability works as ''if it can happen it will happen''.

Hey guys

So I've been looking at IGN's
Wiki and according to them, I have caught 49 of the 54 fish available in June. Despite several hours fishing, I can't find these little buggers anywhere. Has anyone reading this caught any of those lasted below? If so, any tips?

I need; Char, Gar, Giant SnakeHead, Giant Trevally and the Saddled Bichir

Char in waterfall pool areas only. Morning and evening.
Gar - night time in "river pools" (replaces where you would find Snakehead in the day)
Giant Snakehead - see above!
Saddled Bichir - rivers at night.
Giant trevally - ocean - day.

Giant Snakehead is the only one I haven't caught yet. Thank you to the people who posted above, I'm going to be waiting near my river pool for a long time today! xD Must catch all the fish!!!!

The Char info is a bit misleading.

Char spawn near waterfalls; they don't have to be specifically underneath them. The waterfall that leads out toward the ocean can spawn them above it.

I think in the comments of the subreddit this was addressed.
When he said "under waterfall" he means the area under the waterfall it could be the area that opens towards the ocean or the area in where the river starts.

I know near waterfall is more clear but its still a nice little picture that helps.

I only need to catch 12 more fish but am going to try get them all today. I have only come across one giant trevally and ended up donating it to blathers at the museum

Charming, according to the picture- there are 3x fish & 5x insects to catch within June! Don't go craaazzzzy... (=

The only June Fish I have left to catch are: Catfish, Char, Gar, Giant Snakehead, Popeyed Goldfish and Saddled Bichir so I am doing pretty good :D

Back