• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Island Transfer Tool Advice

Adrian99

Bells
Hello, I'm thinking of upgrading from the Switch Lite to the Switch, but I don't want to lose my island! Has anyone transferred their whole island using the tool? I have two users, and we'd both be moving to the new Switch. Are there any tricky parts, or things to look out for?
Thanks!

Hi, I recently transferred an island. You will need to download the Island Transfer Tool.

I found this guide at Nintendo really helpful. Any user (not the same as your ACNH character) being transferred will need to have a Nintendo Account linked to it. Also, when you first start up the island, it will ask you to link the current user to a character for the save data. Since you have two users, be careful to select the correct character for each user login.

Thanks for the replies! Do you lose anything during the transfer, stuff like custom designs?

You don't lose anything at all. I've transferred mine back and forth between my Switches repeatedly at this point, haha.

Back