• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Island Transfer Tool Question (Nevermind)

angelcat621

Island Rep of Pookydise 😺
Bells
Island
Pookydise
Purple Violet
Red Tulip
White Rose
Shadow Kitty Plush
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Father's Day Carnation
White Pansy
Red Lily
White Cosmos
Red Rose
I'm thinking of transferring my island to a different Switch soon (within the next few weeks) and have looked up tons of information and videos about it.

It seems straightforward but for one thing: it seems that I will need to make a dummy account just to download and open the Island Transfer Tool on my source Switch, since you can't use the tool with the same profile on both Switches. I only have one user account and one profile period and have no need for anymore. Seems so unnecessarily complicated just to do a one time transfer.

My question is: Can this "dummy" user be connected to my one Nintendo account that I'm already using or do I have to make a completely different Nintendo account to connect the "dummy" user profile to? I'm confused.

Anyone else gone through this and can give me advice?

I'm trying to use this now with the dummy profile I made but it doesn't let me change the user when I open the tool.
Help?

Nevermind it worked perfectly. 😅
Didn't prompt me to change users though. Weird.

Last edited:
Back