• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Island tours and inviting new villagers

cheezu

Bells
Switch
0044-9828-4409
Cake
Pear (Fruit)
So I went on 2 island tours so far and was wondering about the following:
I've encountered Apple and Norma so far and invited them both - will that mean that the second invite will override the first one?
Does anyone know when they're going to move in?
Just wondering about that.
Also the fruit on both the islands was the same as my native fruit (peaches). Is that always the case or is it just random?
Anyway, I'm having so much fun. This game is exactly what I needed.

Last edited:
Not sure, I've invited two residents aswell. But I first went to one with cherries then one with apples, so that will vary ♥

Not sure, I've invited two residents aswell. But I first went to one with cherries then one with apples, so that will vary ♥

Is it also daytime on these tours or will that vary as well?

Is it also daytime on these tours or will that vary as well?

I don't know, I've only been on the tours during daytime

What is an island tour? Does that mean visiting someone else's island, or are they like, computer generated islands?

What is an island tour? Does that mean visiting someone else's island, or are they like, computer generated islands?

You can use your Nook Miles to visit a lonely island, where there usually is a islander that you can invite to your island.

I'm curious if you invite multiple animals in one day will they all end up coming to live on your island? hmmm

Okay so from what I read they do.
I also noticed a pattern - a peppy, a normal and then the last two times I visited I got a lazy. I'm hoping I can come by Zucker so I haven't invited the lazies yet. So let's see. Running out of Nook miles though.

They will both move in! I invited Maddie and Vesta to move in. Tom Nook asked me to set up three new plots for houses and both Maddie and Vesta bought two of the plots. The third went to a random (Moe).

Hi, I'm still on the first day when Dodo Airlines is not doing any flights. Will I be able to do this tomorrow and travel and invite villagers to move in?

They will both move in! I invited Maddie and Vesta to move in. Tom Nook asked me to set up three new plots for houses and both Maddie and Vesta bought two of the plots. The third went to a random (Moe).

You can invite the 3rd one too which is why I'm going to give it a few more goes. If I don't get Zucker, I hope I can get to see someone I like.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hi, I'm still on the first day when Dodo Airlines is not doing any flights. Will I be able to do this tomorrow and travel and invite villagers to move in?

Yes, you will.

You can invite the 3rd one too which is why I'm going to give it a few more goes. If I don't get Zucker, I hope I can get to see someone I like.

I kept getting villagers I didn't like enough to invite and ended up with Moe as a random. But I do like Moe, so it all worked out. c:

I'm guessing when you invite them it moves them to the "front of the queue" in a sense and they'll be the next villagers to try to move in. Only a guess though.

I just went on my first island tour and encountered Chester. I hadn't been thinking about him as a possibility for my town, but he seemed like a cool villager so I invited him to move into my town.

I got Merengue for my first one then Hornsby for my second.
I think the fruit is random, I got oranges (my native fruit) and cherries.

I met this rhino named Hornsby. Never seen him before (probably from gamecube) but oh my gawd hes coming to my island and become Renée's new bestfriend!

I got Marcie which is Amazing and my native fruit and I only have hyacinths on my base level and my island only had hyacinths on it :') hoping for more variety lol

Last edited:
I met this rhino named Hornsby. Never seen him before (probably from gamecube) but oh my gawd hes coming to my island and become Renée's new bestfriend!

Hornsby is absurdly adorable. The improved character models have really enhanced the cuteness of rhinos, especially Horsnby, Spike, and Tank.

Last edited:
Back