Is this specific house plot location possible?

Twisk

Bells
FKn41hE.png Key: house plot, edge of cliff, sand, ocean

For certain town planning reasons, I want a dream neighbor's house plot to go here. I'm currently resetting for the dream neighbor's house plot location and I just wanted to make sure that this house location is possible. To me, I would think it is, since there's at least one free space all around the house, but it is pretty close to the cliff.

If anyone would please offer their opinion of whether or not this is possible, or even if they have a similar house location in their town (like a house very close to the bend of a river, or to a similar bend in a cliff), I would greatly appreciate it! :D
I have lots of PWPs spread around town solely for house-repelling purposes, so I should be able to get this house location eventually, if it's possible. :)

I have a house in my town that is one space away from a rock if that's any use??

i have a villager in a spot almost exactly like that!
the only difference is that they're a space higher

I have personally never seen a villager house closer than 2 spaces from a cliff.

To clarify, the whole front side of the house needs 2 spaces, I believe.

Another edit, this is one of the houses in my junk town, maybe it helps:
HNI_0075.JPG

Last edited:
Let's apply the laws of AC-physics.

1) Is there a project nearby which requires a lot of space, such as a bridge. If no, continue to question 2.
2) Are there any stones in the way that prevent building? If no, continue to question 3.
3) Can you still walk around it, as with a tree? If yes, then it should work.

Last edited:
Should be. If it can move right next to a river, it can move there.

I just googled, it seems possible in city folk, so i'd assume it's possible in NL.

snowmanfordrift.jpg

animal_crossing_city_folk_grass2.JPG

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that is possible because it should be possible to build a campsite in that position. ~ which seems to have the same rules in rock destroying, so should have the same forward dimensions.

Last edited:
I have Rosie's house exactly like that, so yes it is possible.

Cliff and river sides don't need their "own" space like buildings and PWPs, so you can build 1 space away from them. I don't think you'd have any trouble with that location.

I have a villagers house that is so close to the river, I can barely get through the space between them.

It IS possible, given that the only thing around that area is a cliff.

1 space is enough for a cliff and rock, because I remember Bones moving right next to the cliff on the alleyway in my old town.

Every other object must have 2 spaces between them, like a public project or another house.

Thanks to everyone who has answered so far! :)

I still haven't gotten my dream neighbor landed in that location, and since there are very few other locations it can land, I'm starting to feel like this location isn't possible (since I should've gotten it by now, if it were possible). I'll explain why I think it isn't possible, in case it would be of use to anyone else who plans house locations.

This is the house location I wanted, again, displayed exactly in a grid. (Stuff like PWP placements and house locations are determined by an invisible in-game grid system.)
8EJmUV1.png

This is a different house location in my town, which is close to the cliff. I have highlighted in yellow squares what I believe to be the "clearance area" needed in order to have the front of a house this close to a river or cliff. The front of the house, I think, needs more space because of the doorway and the invisible space in front of the doorway. I have visited many, many dream towns, and looked at the pictures provided in this thread, and I have not found a house that doesn't meet this clearance area.
SaJqVTv.png

Back to the house location I want, you can see it doesn't meet the hypothesized clearance area because of a bend in the cliff nearby:
qu2L2GV.png

So I don't think the house location I wanted will work, and I'll have to find another decent house location, and might have to alter my plans a bit. Oh well!

Just thought I'd share in case it helps others out there who plan house locations, and also to give a chance to others to dis-prove my theory on the clearance area needed to have a house this close to a cliff or river. It's not a problem to have the front of a house close to a straight river or a straight cliff, but if the cliff/river bends too close to the house, it might cause a problem!

Last edited:
Back