• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Is there a animal species you never had?

Sherry

Bells
While browsing through the species sections of the wiki I realized I've never had a anteater, deer, elephant, hamster, lion, tiger, octopus and bird villager in any of my Animal Crossing towns. (My Wild World and City Folk towns are included... Don't have the Gamecube version)

I always tend to get bunnies, dogs, squirrels and cats in my towns. I think I had all bunnies, squirrels and dogs that appeared in all of these games and at least half of the cats.

In New Leaf I try to get all the missing species for the sake of completeness and I got my first hippo (Bertha) and pig (Gala) villager. They already moved because I'm not a fan of their designs. ^^

Did you have all animal species in your towns?
Or are you missing some species? Do you plan to get them too?

A lot actually. The most noteworthy stuff I haven't ever got are the anteaters, elephants, mice, ostriches (?), monkeys, alligators, wolves, bear cubs, bear, and a bunch more

I've had all 4 animal crossing games
and i've never had an Ostritch or Kangaroo

-anteaters
-mice
-kangaroos
-probably others

i usually have dogs and cubs

Last edited:
I've had most species, ones I haven't got yet are anteater, hamster, kangaroo, koala, rhino, tiger and wolf.

There don't seem to be animals that I get a lot, most I had of one kind is 3 which were ducks, frogs, mice and penguins.

Alligators, birds, cats, ostriches, dogs, deer, elephants, frogs, goats, gorillas, horses, hippos, kangaroos, koalas, mice, monkeys, octopuses, penguins, rabbits, rhinos, sheep, tigers, and wolves.

Alligators, birds, cats, ostriches, dogs, deer, elephants, frogs, goats, gorillas, horses, hippos, kangaroos, koalas, mice, monkeys, octopuses, penguins, rabbits, rhinos, sheep, tigers, and wolves.

...so are you alone in your town?

I've been through all 4 games and still have not had a pig.
But maybe that's a good thing;)

birds, ostriches, cats, octopi, rhino, sheep, goats, horse, gorilla, squirrel, koalas, tigers, rabbit, monkey, hippos, frogs, deer
I think thats it!!

I've never had an octopus or bear cub in any of my games (WW, CF and NL). And hamsters and deer are still eluding me in New Leaf.

I've had all 4 games and played them to the absolute death and never had a monkey or an octopus.

I've also only had 1 cow. ~ Belle in the original.

I've played WW & (of course) ACNL. I've never had a octopus, tiger, monkey or a bird. Hope to get them at some point, but I'm not in any rush. There were 5 additonal animals that I hadn't had until ACNL (alligator, deer, hampster, hippo, & lion) and I got 4 of them as my original villagers (had to wait a few days for Rory the lion to move in).

Back