Is the Australian release the same as the US one?

frankocean

Bells
I see the game card has a similar code to the US one (NTR-ADME-AUS) (NTR-ADME-USA). Does anyone know if the versions are identical or not?

DS games, including Wild World, are not region locked if that is what you meant?

Mainly wondering if saves are compatible between them. I know the EU version is separate build but not sure if the AU one is the plain US version or a slight variation.

Yeah in theory they should be compatible, can't say for certain though. Reasonably sure they are the same.

Edit: I play the Australian version and still have the cartridge- is there anything I can do/check to give you the info you need?

Last edited:
I've played some different versions of the game, one of the main differences I know off the top of my head is the date and time.

You know the time and date thing that pops up if you hold still? The USA version uses 12H AM/PM clock, and a MM\DD time stamp. Some other versions use 24H clock, and DD/MM.

I haven't tested it yet, but villagers have different names in different versions. Not sure if that only affects non-English versions.

EDIT:
When you say save compatibility, does that refer to playing with others on different version, or moving your save from one to the other?

Last edited:
Considering it came out in Australia a few days after coming out in the United States I'd imagine it's the same build. Wild World wouldn't be released in Europe until several months later.

Back