• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Is Slut Shaming Okay?

No, not really. However if people dress and/or act to it fully conscious .. while they shouldn't have to take it directly they should think first I mean of course if you wear red thongs and trashy stockings with a short shirt.. yes. People will look or stare. Doesn't mean you should shout **** after them though, it's their choice and while it might or might not be attractive that is for them or you.

As for being engaged in the sex itself, I don't see why you shouldn't have sex, that is not slutty.

Last edited:
There are a LOT of risks associated with sleeping around which is why I definitely wouldn't encourage it, and as someone who prefers to be in a committed relationship, I don't really like hanging around with people like that because they tend not to get my side of the argument. I don't shame people for it, I just choose not to be around them.

No, slut shaming is not okay.
Other people's sex life shouldn't matter. It concerns nobody but them.

idk risks are made minimal by sleeping around by forms of contraception so i won't judge anyone for it tbh

as long as you stay safe and make smart decisions, do what you want w/your body

Not my body, not my damn business. I am proudly demi and have issues which mean that I am personally pretty much repulsed by sex, but I still wouldn't shame anyone else... What they do has absolutely nothing to do with me.

I completely agree with you. While i wouldnt hang around people that have sex all the time w different people, its not my body and it doesnt effect me in anyway.

i wouldnt hang around people that have sex all the time w different people

A lot of yall are saying this and like I'm just wondering how exactly you would know if someone had sex all the time

People don't wear signs that say "I banged 10 dudes this past week" so are you just gonna stop being friends with someone the minute they say they're sexually active?

No. End of story. No matter what someone does with their body they still deserve respect. You don't know what they've been through, you don't know what kind of **** they've had to do to keep even living, shaming someone for their choice is wrong as hell and not ****ing ok in the slightest. Also sidenote here your mom sounds mildly abusive but since I don't live in the situation I can't say for certain.

i dont rly get why some of you are saying that you wouldnt hang out w ppl who have a lot of sex w/ different people?? i mean, i get if you dont want to talk about sex or stuff like that with them but like ??? why does it even matter if they have a ton of sex lmao can't you still b friends

It's the one issue that burns me to the core! I've ALWAYS hated people who do this, it makes me angry that people are this immature, but it can't be helped! We're H-U-M-A-N-I-T-Y, we project our own past miseries onto other people through vitriolic terminology!

It's the one issue that burns me to the core! I've ALWAYS hated people who do this, it makes me angry that people are this immature, but it can't be helped! We're H-U-M-A-N-I-T-Y, we project our own past miseries onto other people through vitriolic terminology!

what

I don't care how much sex someone does or doesn't have, unless I am having sex with them as well. Like, that's the only instance where I can think of it is cool for you to be critical of someone's sex life, if you're part of it. If you're not part of it, well, then it really isn't your business at all. By all means, if you know a friend of yours has a lot of random unprotected sex, then sure, warning them that hey, bad things could come out of this, is fair enough. But there's a big difference between educating and shaming and in all honesty, most people I know who happens to have sex with people they pick up also happen to know how to buy condoms and why they should use them.

i dont rly get why some of you are saying that you wouldnt hang out w ppl who have a lot of sex w/ different people?? i mean, i get if you dont want to talk about sex or stuff like that with them but like ??? why does it even matter if they have a ton of sex lmao can't you still b friends

This. Honestly. I can take sex or leave it, but I have some really good friends who are extremely sexually active... I am aware that they do it and good for them, if that's what they want to do... you are potentially missing out on some awesome friendships because you are judging them based on one aspect of their life, which again has absolutely *nothing* to do with you and wouldn't affect you in any way whatsoever.

Last edited:
Basically what I'm getting at is that people tend to do this because they probably got cheated on in the past or something and so they see anyone as promiscuous as something "bad" and judge them for it..or something like that. I lost my train of thought. Damn.

Last edited:
This will always be a no, slut shaming is in no way an okay thing to do. Worry about yourself

Back