• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is it worth upgrading T.I.Y?

purple Satori

Bells
This is something I've been thinking about for about a month now. I don't know all the details, however my biggest problem is the new shop closing 3 hours sooner. With the night owl rule in place T.I.Y is currently open until 3 AM.

I like to earn money after midnight and having that extra hour from 2-3 AM when T.I.Y is still open is very helpful, however the new shop would close at Midnight even with the night owl rule in effect. This does not feel like an upgrade to me and makes me think keeping my shop as T.I.Y would be the better choice.

More shopping hours > more things for sale.

My brother already planted Bamboo in my town and I got Persimmons from him as well so I don't really see a good side to upgrading my shop. Is there something I'm missing or is not upgrading the better choice here.

So far I only passed one fashion check. Bianca passed with the theme of cute when all I did was change my shoes.

Don't know why the final upgrade can't be 24 hours, there's two of them. One works during the day the other works nights, it works for the post office.

With the upgrade you can buy 2 different songs from K.K. Slider without attending his concerts weekly daily, access to 2 bush starts daily, Gracie brand clothing and furniture. And a bigger selection of furniture to choose from. That's really about it. Re-tail pays more so most people sell stuff there.

yeah, I pretty much never sell stuff to the raccoons unless I'm just being really lazy. I sell it to Retail or I put it in my storage till Retail opens… or I TT.

I like having access to the bush and saplings and gracie.

I do sell at re-tail until they close at 2 AM. Then from 2 AM to 3 AM I sell at T.I.Y. After that I catch one last set of bugs (which I sell after waking up), update the town's dream then either tend to the town or go to sleep. I truly am a night owl.

Hunting for bugs early in the morning while listing to music is very relaxing. :)

Back