• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! We'll announce the winners for our Master Ball raffle and distribute your hard-earned arcade tokens soon.

Is it weird to name my town 'New Leaf'?

But then on the flip side it's a little bit boring, do a search for "New Leaf" or "Hyrule" in the Dream Suite and you'll see :p

If you're happy with it, go for it!

But then, on the other hand, you really have no idea how common a name is until you set up your town, get the dream suite, and do a search for it. I had no idea that Redwall was such a common name until recently. If you like it, go for it, and pay no mind to how common it might be.

Thanks guys, you've all been helpful. :) I think it's settled, I'm going to call my town New Leaf. Generic, but I like it!

I lol'd to that.

It's good you're doing what you want. My town was Sunville, now it's Konjulia. Have you ever heard the name Konjulia? Exactly.

I think it's cute! It's kinda of used a lot though, like Hyrule, but hey if you like it that's all that matters! Nobody else's opinion should influence your choice!

Yeah, I thought this. There's a tonne of towns called Hyrule. I was going to call mine Hyrule at first, then so was my sister, then we both decided it was completely unimaginative. I'm glad I didn't. Although Eldin is from Zelda too I'm glad I didn't name it something so overused ;-;

I named my alt towns new leaf and old leaf. didn't get good villagers out of them so I reset :3

Keep it if you like it. I named my town Tiramisu and I don't know how many people used it lol.

I would have named my town something more Japanese like Desubi or something but I stuck with Folsense because I love Layton.

It is a nice name, but typically I find if more fun to come up with original town names. I like to think of Animal Crossing as a world of connected towns, and therefore they all should probably have different names...but lol look at Hyrule, Rosewood, etc...they're nice but everyone used them.

Back