• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Important Announcement!

MrChuckman64

Bells
ok, i know we're not supposed to talk about hacked stuff on here, but i thought everybody must know so this won't come as a shock when it happens. ok, as you all know, the dimentio mask overwrites some item, making it appear in your catalog and in your able sisters. now, i must say this: i have never, EVER even picked up the item. people have come to my town with it, and that is it. and just because they come to your town with it means it will still overwrite that other item, whatever it is (i forgot the name). so, if someone comes to your town wearing that mask, and you don't even pick it up, it will still appear in your able sisters and your catalog (well, maybe not your catalog if you haven't picked it up) whether you like it or not. i repeat, i know we are not supposed to talk about hacked stuff, but, this is a big deal, so i had to tell you guys.

nook said:
ShayminFTW said:
It doesn't overwrite anything. Hackers have found that it has its own item code.
^
you ppl dont need to do that if you agrere with what ppl say...its just like when <div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">Sinep1</div> said this all the time

Wii Master 64 said:
ok, wait, ive heard that it has replaced some item in people's catalog, and they've never seen the item again...
Actually, the way it works is if 2 items have the same code, whichever item coding the person had first overwrites the new one.

Wii Master 64 said:
ok, wait, ive heard that it has replaced some item in people's catalog, and they've never seen the item again...

Maybe I'm not getting the full picture here with whatever this new piece of HDLC is, but they would have to make alterations to the game disc itself in order to do away with an item that is stored within game.

I don't see the fuss. Hackers added an item instead of taking over future DLC slots. Omg. No way. I have no idea what I'm going to do.

Hacking in CF doesn't bother me. It's not unfair, you just aren't earning it the same as everyone else. Hacking to win games like Pokemon, MK or SSB is unfair because it's making other players lose.
This isn't. And it isn't dangerous.

Back