• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

I'm stuck!

denicrossing

Bells
Switch
0901-7384-4709
Hi!
I'm doing everything to get 100 for the development permit and I did quite well so far. But now I'm stuck on 82% and I don't know what else I could do. I donated stuff, watered the flowers, talked to the neighbors, changed town tune/town flag. What else could I do??

Thanks!

You're probably trying to achieve 100% within the first day, which can be very challenging. Maybe even impossible. Its best to wait until the next day and do the usual to reach the goal ^ ^

Yeah, I also found I couldn't raise the number above around 80% no matter what I did. Just wait till tomorrow and it'll be very easy to complete :)

Writing up a message on your bulletin board should net you some points. Pull weeds, sell junk items, and talk to the villagers some more I guess. I managed to get it in a day, shot straight up from 20-ish to full after a few runs around town, talking multiple times to villagers and pretty much doing everything there is to be done during the earlier phase of the game.

If I'm not mistaken, talking to villagers and watering flowers accrues points each time you do it.

I also managed to complete it within one day. Make sure you've payed the down payment on your tent. This gets you 20 points.

Also, when it comes to talking to villagers, you must wait until they give you a request. Simply talking to villagers does not improve your rating.

Things you can do that will help:
Change your town flag
Change the town tune
Talk to all your residents
Write a message on the bulletin board
Send your residents letters.

In doing all the steps above, I got 100% within three hours.

Thanks for all of your answers. I guess I'll just wait 'til tomorrow since my neighbors won't talk about anything else but the bug-off today, so they won't give me requests. :/

Yup, you'll probably have to wait. Last night I had 89%, but when I checked this morning I was at 100%, so I'm sure it won't be too long. :)

How to earn 100% Approval Rating:

*A- Procure the starter house (not sure if paying it off plays a role, but I did so).
*B- Design a new flag. (@ Mayor's Office)
*C- Mix a new sound theme for the town. (@ Mayor's Office)
*D- Donate a fossil to the Museum.
*E- Make a statement on the Bulletin Board.
*F- Sell an item to Re-Tail.
G- Complete quests for neighbors.
H- Pull all the weeds.
I- Pickup & send all trash to Re-Tail.
J- Water EVERY flower.
K- Write letters w/ a gift inside for each neighbor, including the new resident. (mailed @ Post Office)

*Only works once.

Good luck, Deni!

That happened to me, too. I was stuck at 87%. My sister was behind me and hit 100 before me, even though she hadn't done many of the things I had, like change the town tune and flag. I went to her town, and when I came back, I was at 100.
I read in a walkthrough that you need to travel or power off for a bit, allowing the numbers to "refresh", which worked for me.

I was stuck on 73% yesterday but I got to 100% this morning, I think it depends on your town maybe as I know a lot that got 100% on day one?

Back