• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I'm creating my own Animal Crossing-inspired game!!

What should I add next?

• Total voters
New screenshot of the new decorations!:)

IMG_2432.jpeg

I created a new sprite for the dog and reworked some of the game's visuals. What do you think? 😃
(I've also drawn a cat that I'll add to the game soon)

IMG_2846.jpeg
IMG_2882.jpeg
IMG_2875.jpeg
IMG_2876.jpeg
IMG_2873.jpeg
IMG_2877.jpeg

Hallo everyone! Unfortunately, I have much less free time right now to work on the game than I expected... I'm trying to finalize the game's look, though. I've added a blur to the upper and lower part of the screen. You can see this in the attached gif. Let me know whether you like this effect😃 (The gif might take a while to load. I've also included 3 screenshots)

I'll work on brighter colours and maybe I can get shadows to work (but that's a big maybe). I'm also trying to add a feature that lets you create a second layer (see the cliffs in the gif below). This requires a lot of work and I need to make sure that saving and loading doesn't break because of it...

Foto%2007.05.21%2C%2016%2029%2012.gif

Post automatically merged:

IMG_3088.jpeg

IMG_3092.jpeg
IMG_3093.jpeg

Hey everyone!
I've been quite busy for the past few weeks and will probably have very little time for developing the game (let alone play other games) for the coming weeks. However, in the little spare time I had, I tried to update the game visually. This is far from done, but here's a first look of what the game looks like right now:

I would really appreciate it, if you would like the video or subscribe in case you like the game:)

Looks fantastic! I always figured I'd be able to make my own game easily, but then I soon realized how much effort is actually needed when I started.

If you ever port it to Android and still need beta testers by then, feel free to drop me a message. I'd love to help out.

Looks fantastic! I always figured I'd be able to make my own game easily, but then I soon realized how much effort is actually needed when I started.

If you ever port it to Android and still need beta testers by then, feel free to drop me a message. I'd love to help out.

Thanks a ton!! You're absolutely right, it's a lot of work. Honestly, that's the main reason I haven't posted here in such a long time. I'm now planning to release the game on PC/Mac as well. Android might be feasible in the future, but that would require quite a bit of effort.

the blur does look nice! i don’t mind the wait until I can beta test! :D

Thanks!! I'm really sorry for not posting in such a long time. :( I've reworked quite a bit of the game, mostly in terms of the visuals and I'm going to change up a lot in terms of gameplay. I haven't had the time to start working on that, though. I'll definitely try to be more active on the forum in general. As a part of that, I'd like to share new screenshots/videos of what the game looks like. One thing I've realized, though, is that the game is much further away from completion than I though...

I hope to post a new video within the coming weeks!

Here's a first look of what the game looks like now (might take a while to load):
Photo%2028.01.22%2C%2017%2000%2022.png

Photo%2028.01.22%2C%2017%2000%2001.png

omg how u make this :w: ur so talented and did u make the pixels ur self?

I'm still a little unsure about the color scheme during the day. I would really appreciate feedback in that regard :)
Also, what do you think about the graphics in general now?

Back