• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I'm creating my own Animal Crossing-inspired game!!

What should I add next?

• Total voters
I'm trying to make the dog follow the player and make it into a companion. It's not finished yet, but I'm kind of satisfied with the results :giggle:
Video%2005.02.22%2C%2013%2003%2026.mov

Since loading the last video sometimes takes really long (at least for me), here's the YouTube-video instead:

Hey everyone😄
Just wanted to let you know that I'm still working on the game and have made quite some advancements in the visuals! I would be really glad about any feedback😀
Photo%2030.05.22%2C%2017%2009%2053.jpg

Photo%2028.05.22%2C%2021%2006%2015.png

Photo%2028.05.22%2C%2017%2021%2056.png

I love how your focusing on the farming aspect of that game. :coffee:
You should consider having relationship level more comparable to Harvest Moon. I don't know the first thing to game developing but this looks very thought out and well executed.

Wow, the game (including the visuals) looks awesome, I would totally play it! Cool you’re still working on it!

Very impressive work! I think games like these would really benefit from a type of quest system similiar to the beginning of New Horizons or the Community Center of Stardew Valley.

There's also the game Castaway Paradise that tried to do the AC thing. I wouldn't recommend it, but the one thing I enjoyed from that game was the level up system. You would unlock new seeds with new levels and obviously clothing and such. For Animal Crossing, collecting everything available is a great and long task. But I think for indie games it's more important to pace the player.

Thanks for all the kind words, that really made my day:giggle:
Very impressive work! I think games like these would really benefit from a type of quest system similiar to the beginning of New Horizons or the Community Center of Stardew Valley.

There's also the game Castaway Paradise that tried to do the AC thing. I wouldn't recommend it, but the one thing I enjoyed from that game was the level up system. You would unlock new seeds with new levels and obviously clothing and such. For Animal Crossing, collecting everything available is a great and long task. But I think for indie games it's more important to pace the player.
Thank you:giggle: I fully agree regarding the quest system! I'm currently still working on the visuals and polishing some existing mechanics, but I've had an idea for months now that changes a few fundamental things about the game. Part of that is basically a quest system and I hope to start working on that soon!
Wow, the game (including the visuals) looks awesome, I would totally play it! Cool you’re still working on it!
Thank you, I'm really glad you like it!:giggle:

I love how your focusing on the farming aspect of that game. :coffee:
You should consider having relationship level more comparable to Harvest Moon. I don't know the first thing to game developing but this looks very thought out and well executed.
Thank you:giggle: Right now, there is a very basic mechanic for relationships. Basically, talking to a character increases the friendship level (which is obviously not enough to keep things interesting). However, I feel like that part of the game (the non-player characters) is currently a weak point as I just haven't had enough time to work on it and e.g. create interesting dialogue. It's on my to-do list, though, and I have some ideas for that as well!

Looks like fun! Can't wait to see what the finished product will be like!

Back