• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

I'm confused about this

Meadows

Soon, I will be resting in a field of flowers.
Bells
Switch
5526-4266-2509
Island
Mizukawa
Apple (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Cherry (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Father's Day Carnation
Mother's Day Carnation
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
I'm confused about the game? Will you be able to shop and stuff like the normal acnl gameplay?

I dont think so. Im pretty sure its just a home designer game. I could be wrong though.

I dont think so. Im pretty sure its just a home designer game. I could be wrong though.

That's just dumb in my opinion! Thanks!

- - - Post Merge - - -

And other villagers can't even come over unless you pay for those cards, wow what a stupid way to get money.

They should just make another proper animal crossing games instead of making rubbish spin off games

That's just dumb in my opinion! Thanks!

- - - Post Merge - - -

And other villagers can't even come over unless you pay for those cards, wow what a stupid way to get money.

Y'know, if you guys read about the game, you'd notice that they say that the cards will help you design the homes of your favorite animals whenever you want, meaning the cards bring the specific animals to your town.

They should just make another proper animal crossing games instead of making rubbish spin off games

Be glad the game series is popular enough to warrant a spin-off.

Yea I knew that, but I just find it dumb that the only thing you can do is decorate houses. What about fishing, Fossil Hunting, Bug Catching, doing favors for villagers, etc? Also I just found out it was an upcoming game today...

Yea I knew that, but I just find it dumb that the only thing you can do is decorate houses. What about fishing, Fossil Hunting, Bug Catching, doing favors for villagers, etc? Also I just found out it was an upcoming game today...

It's a side game, a spin-off, it's just for home decor.

I thought you quit?

I'm sure they'll get around to making another real Animal Crossing. Spin-offs are a sign of a successful series. New Leaf must have been really successful for them!

What's important to me is the quality of the next Animal Crossing. It's far too early to be thinking of another Animal Crossing anyway.

Last edited:
A question that came to my mind when I read this thread... will the cards have all the furniture provided or will you have to provide the furniture? In other words, is it going to be a true decorating game or will you have to also supply the parts to decorate with (from your main game). Does anyone know or have any theories?

This game is about as bare-bones as you can get with the premise.

Only 2 other games have this "award".

Color a Dinosaur for the NES, and Turkey Shoot for the Wii.

I love it how a lot of people are complaining about a spin-off game, which means its not going to have EVERYTHING that Animal Crossing is going to offer.

Honestly, people should be glad its getting a spin-off in the first place. It means that Nintendo is finally adding Animal Crossing to their biggest franchises.

I love it how a lot of people are complaining about a spin-off game, which means its not going to have EVERYTHING that Animal Crossing is going to offer.

Honestly, people should be glad its getting a spin-off in the first place. It means that Nintendo is finally adding Animal Crossing to their biggest franchises.

EXACTLY. Few people seem to get this.

I can't wait to see people selling their souls for cards that will most likely be discontinued in less than a month and only torn versions seen available on eBay. Oh, what a fun game this will be!

Meanwhile, Nintendo's reaction:

If we wanted a Spinoff, we would've gotten a Platformer or something! Not this pathetic excuse for a game!
Keep in mind, this is the first Spin-Off Animal Crossing game we're getting, so Nintendo is playing it safe with this game. Since the franchise exploded when New Leaf being a cash cow for the 3DS at this point.

Changing up the genre is waaay too soon for a game like this, especially when it comes to Animal Crossing.

Last edited:
Should be just spin off about designing. Could link to New leaf but im not sure.

Seems like a pretty basic game, but there could be things we don't know about seeing as it was just announced not too long ago. They probably didn't reveal all there is to know about the game right from the get go because then there's no reason for people to do exactly what we're doing now, which is drum up interest by speculating on it. I do agree with those saying the cards are a definite money maker for them, but I do see the use of them. Just depends on if they are inordinately expensive or not. I've seen games like the Sims be pretty overtaken by online stores/extra downloads that cost a lot of money, but if they're priced reasonably then I wouldn't have any problem with it as it sounds like the cards would be a pretty useful addition to the game.

Back