• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

If you had to pick an island with all the female personalities or male which would you choose?

I feel like there's a pretty even boy-to-girl ratio among my favorite villagers, but I can think of more male villagers that I like off the top of my head, so I'll say an all-male island!

I'd probably choose all girls if I had to pick? 🤔 I'm not a fan of jock villagers at all and while I used to like smugs a lot on New Leaf, I find them kind of annoying and dumb in New Horizons, which sucks. I do really like lazies, but their baby/chidlish behaviour is sometimes too much for me lol. They say the most whacky things sometimes like it's totally normal, and I'm just sitting there processing it like lol I- you really said that with a straight face. 🤣 I'm literally down so bad for crankies, but considering they're the only male personality I'm obsessed with, I think the gals win. I absolutely adore normal villagers, I find that when I'm trying to pick my permies/dream villagers, I gravitate to normal ones a little too much. 😅 I actually really adore uchi's as far as I can tell in NH. In NL I thought they were kind of rude, but they seem really chill and kind of wise in NH. Peppies are also fun, I find some of them annoying, but the right peppy villager can really do it for me. I think the only issue I have with them is if they constantly talk about being a popstar or whatever, and the peppy I have on my island hasn't ever been that obsessed with bringing it up. And snooties are just iconic, they always act like such queens and I've never found them to be too rude. Really like their caring side as well.

This would really be a tough choice for me. I like villagers that aren't usually the top tier popular villagers. I have Bertha, Merengue, Pompom, Puddles, Reneigh, Sally and Tammy right now. I also have Alfonso, Marshal and Scoot. You can see I'm pretty female heavy and could probably go all female, but I love Scoot so much! He was one of my first two villagers and holds a special place in my heart. My issue with the majority of the male villagers is I can't take that deep male voice. So the 3 males on my island don't have that and I'm sure that's what helps me love them so much. That being said, the only ones I would even consider moving on would be Alfonso and Bertha. and really Bertha would be hard...Actually I had been waiting for Alfonso to ask to move and then lo and behold he did a few days ago. And I didn't have the heart to let him go so I said stay, lol. But since all of the cranky have that deep gruff voice, I doubt I will ever have one of that type. If I were forced to choose it would be female I guess.....but I'd be sad.

Oh, I'd have to pick the feminine personalities, because I'm more drawn to them generally. The ratio on my main island (full of permanent villagers) is 8:2 feminine to masculine (Louie and Teddy).

There's more variety on my second island because I let some plots auto-fill, but I would say the long-term masculine residents are Fang, Stu and Hippeaux. Oh and Tybalt. I guess I've gotten attached to some of them.

I'm usually drawn to normal and peppy villagers, but I also love sisterly villagers. 😊💖 I think I could survive without any of the masculine personalities, but it wouldn't be worth playing to me without at least one of each of sisterly, normal and peppy.

Male. I know the dialogue for every personality is repetitive, but for me peppy is by far the worst.
Same lines almost every time I talk to them…could just be bad conversational rng luck on my part though.

If we want to take it a step further, I think I’d be ok with an all cranky island.

I really love having 1 of each personality, but if I had to do just one gender it would be males. I just love Cranky villagers too much to give them up. I love the grumpy exterior with the soft inside, and I'm so old fashioned myself. I also feel like Lazy villagers are hilarious and make such a good contrast with Cranky. Smug feels like a unique, interesting personality to me and Jock helps motivate me for my own fitness goals.

On the other hand, I can find some Sweetie villagers a bit bland, multiple Peppy villagers feels like a bit much, and I'm not really a fan of Sisterly overall. Do really like Snooty, though.

Probably a female island. I prefer their designs and dialogue over the males lol. Plus, my girl Annalise is a must on my islands 😩

I must admit I enjoy female designs more, but about conversations, male for sure. I don't like jock personality, but the others are fun! Cranky and smug especially, but lazy is close behind!
Females, I don't really like sisterly (I totally dislike), snooty (just no) and peppy is ok. I love normal villagers.
But I need at least a villager of each personality on my island!

Probably male only because as a whole I like the personalities/designs marginally better than the girls personalities. But it would mostly be Cranky, Lazy, and Jock. I don't really like the smug personality.

I'd choose to have all lazy villagers on my island, the lazy villagers I would have are Doc, Stu, Rodeo, Hopkins, Claude, Sasha, Cole, Sherb, Filbert, and Walker.

I prefer the female villagers designs but I like the male personalities better, for male personalities I love jocks and I like cranky and smug but I strongly dislike lazy. For female personalities I like normal and sisterly, peppy is ok but I don't really like snooty that much.

An all girl town because I vibe with my normal villagers the most. I have all of personality types for the female villagers. Whereas with the dudes in this game, I refuse to bring in a lazy villager. The comments are too weird for me. Which sucks because lazy was my favorite type in NL.

Back