If you had the ability to travel through time, would you go into the past or the future?

If you could time travel, where would you go?

• The past seems really cool

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • The future!

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • I don’t want to mess with the clock any more than I have to

• Awful things happen to wizards who meddle with time, Harry

• Total voters

Ravenkitty22

🤍💜2 days till TTPD 💜🤍
Bells
International Space Cetacean Star Fragment
Planet Glow Wand
Space Whale Plush
Purple Crescent Moon
Blue Star Fragment
I was talking with a friend about this so it got me thinking, if we suddenly were able to time travel, would you go into the future or the past?

I would probably go to the past, mainly to live through certain parts of history or see certain artists in a show live. (like Elvis Presley) Plus the future kind of scares me and I think it would be really hard not to spoil what happens.

(Also if you got the Harry Potter reference in the poll you deserve a round of applause)

I would go to the past to create a better timeline.

I'd probably have once said the future, but lately I've been wanting to travel back in time to prevent certain things from happening that should've never been. 🙂

Too bad time traveling backwards (at least in the sense it's usually portrayed) is an impossible feat for a variety of complicated reasons.

Last edited:
I would say past because I know what I would be getting for the most part if I did travel back in time. Who knows what the world will be like in 100 years or so, might be too shocking to wanna see in either a good or bad way...... or both haha.

If I had the ability to time travel I would not use this ability. We can't erase history so there's no point in going back in time and I already have nightmares of what sociality is going to look like in the future, I'd rather not find out and spend my life trying to make the world a better place now in the present

I would go to the past. I love history so I think it would be cool to see certain events and ancient places in person.

I'm not really interested in seeing the future. If it's bad, I would lose all hope.

I'd travel to the past, but I probably wouldn't go very far back. I'd like to go back to the 90's/early 00's, because nostalgia!
I wouldn't want to go back much further.. I think the 80's might be the furthest back I'd go -- assuming I'd be time-travelling as a physical person, with currency and luggage.

If I were some kind of invisible, impervious phantom when time travelling, then I'd want to see it all. It would be interesting to see what life was like 50+ years ago. I'd love to observe all the cool historical events that have happened, see all the famous paintings and sculptures as they're being made, see what my ancestors were like, see real live dodos and dinosaurs.. SO much cool stuff to explore.

As for the future, yes it might be cool, but it might be depressing and scary. I don't have high hopes for the future of this planet as we know it, to be honest.

The past. Sure not everything was better then but being born in the 90s and being 31 years now it's just been one big downhill robotic roll of decades, blergh. So I'd definitely go back to the 1960s if anything. Maaan.

past for me. I would mainly use time travel as a way to get all the Nintendo consoles and games I missed (which is a ton, I started in the DSI era).

I’m curious about how the world will be thousands of years from now better technology, better medicine, etc. ^_^

I'd honestly probably only ever use it to go back into the very near past, if I wanted to prevent something from happening or such. I love historical settings and aesthetics, but really just in a fictional, sanitized sense—the reality of these eras were generally not terribly pretty and I'm glad I don't have to deal with the stuff that came with it. 😅

Also, I share a lot of people's concerns about the near future, let alone the distant future, so uh... I'm not even gonna touch that. Hopefully it'll be a much nicer place, but I'm not in a rush to find out. ;w;

I would go to the past, but only to make better choces and see people who doesnt live today, like my father and grandparents whom all stood me close.

From a historical perspective would eiter past or future be intresting. I would love to spectate how sociaty change over time. But that is to much of a lifespan. Follow my line of generations would also be really cool to know, se and follow. But that is also unpossible.

I have a fear of time traveling in case it causes continuity issues... but if it were harmless and didn't impact anyone greatly, I'd like to go to the past and watch a concert. The band I like disbanded before I was an adult who could afford to buy tickets and travel alone :(

The past. I don't want to know what the future holds. I really want to go back and experience the stuff I have again.

I wouldn't go to either. The present is more important than the past or future. We can't change the past because we're supposed to learn from it. And we can't change or see the future because we're not meant to. Simple as that.

Back