• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

If you Can't sit on your plaza tree Don't try to see how much your town is worth

namiieco

Bells
Switch
6908-4747-6475
Like the title says, if you still can't sit on your plaza tree Tom Nook will not show up to tell you how much you town is worth, Isabelle will confirm it for the second time and when you press yes your town will be deleted.

Just wanted to put this out there incase some people haven't seen all these horror stories lmao

other explanation:

options will say that do you want to take a break or do you want to start a new town straight away and then when she wants you to confirm for the second time it should say something about "appraisal" if it just says to "delete now" then Your town is not developed enough to be appraised ~ I didn't get these option when I reset my town but my sibling did and I noticed the wording was different. Just be careful, this is from what I saw and the wording may not be the same everytime!

wtf are you talking about?

Yes, in the new update, when you delete your town with a big plaza tree, Nook will offer to "buy" your town, allowing you to start the game with a large amount of money. A lot of people have been appraising their towns, to see how much they would get IF they deleted them, but some people with smaller trees have done the same thing and ended up actually deleting their towns.

Nintendo of America posted this on their twitter on Nov. 3rd:

CwYMIoCUAAAH2vG.jpg

Last edited:
didnt know you couldn't sit on your plaza tree in a young town! very very important post!

Also there is different wording for that option. I have the Eu version so it may be different for others but the options will say that do you want to take a break or do you want to start a new town straight away and then when she wants you to confirm for the second time it should say something about "appraisal" if it just says to "delete now" then Your town is not developed enough to be appraised ~ I didn't get these option when I reset my town but my sibling did and I noticed the wording was different. Just be careful, this is from what I saw and the wording may not be the same everytime!

Bumping this since it's about to hit the second page! This is very important information!

This is confusing...

I've never heard of town worth stuff, is it with the new update??

Yes, in the new update, when you delete your town with a big plaza tree, Nook will offer to "buy" your town, allowing you to start the game with a large amount of money. A lot of people have been appraising their towns, to see how much they would get IF they deleted them, but some people with smaller trees have done the same thing and ended up actually deleting their towns.

Wow I read "nto" as knot like tied up and got confused for a second until I re-read and understand that it was not

Last edited:
To be able to sit on your Town Tree you need to have played 50 days AND 50 hours. Keep that in mind. It will be size 5.

Size 1 is the sapling that is day 1,
Size 2 is the little tree
Size 4 is two leaves on tree,
Size 4 is 3 leaves like a normal tree in town
Size 5 is the one you can sit on.

This really needs to be stickied. So many towns are being deleted from people making mistakes.

I agree. I was going to see how much my towns were worth and then all these horror stories started popping up so I'm scared too lol

Nintendo of America posted this on their twitter on Nov. 3rd:

CwYMIoCUAAAH2vG.jpg

Noting the difference in the brick planter I'm guessing that's also an easy way to tell? The brick in the first pic is super short. You def couldn't sit on that. I never noticed before.

You know I love how when I say the mistake of not
You fix it and put it blacker XD

I really want to see how much my town is worth, but I probably won't even try it because I am too scared ;~;
Even though I have like, a 3 year old town.. lol I'm just scared I'll press something incorrectly.

I really want to see how much my town is worth, but I probably won't even try it because I am too scared ;~;
Even though I have like, a 3 year old town.. lol I'm just scared I'll press something incorrectly.
I'm sure it'll be fine if you read everything carefully and try not to click through things so fast c:

Back