• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ideas of Animal Crossing “challenges?”

MossyGobbo

Bells
Island
Bulbaville
I’ve recently reset my island for an island that I HOPE lasts a lifetime. But I’ve been thinking of potentially different ways of playing that can make the game more interesting or challenging. Have any of you done this or have any ideas to put a bit of a spin or add some challenge to the game?

nintentalk has created two different challenges for new horizons: the hard mode challenge, and the rags to riches challenge. i’ll include the details for them both below 💜

IMG_3032.png

IMG_3033.png
IMG_3034.png

The challenges I usually do on my own is this:

1. Do not time travel so often.

2. Only sell Fish to CJ and Bugs to Flick whenever they visit the island.

3. Do not buy or sell Turnips since it makes it too easy to earn bells.

4. Only sell Blue Roses and Gold Roses to make a profit on Bells, but make sure its only at the Drop Box at Nook's Cranny

5. Do not Restart the island until the season changes to Winter.

6. When villager hunting skip a villager that you had before and if you see a villager you never had before and they don't show up on the Posters in the Nook Shopping app they must be invited.

7. Only talk to your villagers by gifting them wrapped gifts that contains Non Native Fruit.

8, Once you get a Villager's Photo they are allowed to leave, any villager who hasn't given you their photo must stay until their photo is given to you.

9. Only have Gold Roses and Blue Roses on your island. Any flower must be digged up and thrown away.

10. Whenever a villager lives on your island their home must be decorated the day after they moved in. Outdoor interior themes are not allowed and must be reverted to a regular home interior.

nintentalk has created two different challenges for new horizons: the hard mode challenge, and the rags to riches challenge. i’ll include the details for them both below 💜

View attachment 510057

View attachment 510058View attachment 510059
Thank you very much! I don’t know if it will follow these to a T but this was really helpful, has some good ideas!
Post automatically merged:

The challenges I usually do on my own is this:

1. Do not time travel so often.

2. Only sell Fish to CJ and Bugs to Flick whenever they visit the island.

3. Do not buy or sell Turnips since it makes it too easy to earn bells.

4. Only sell Blue Roses and Gold Roses to make a profit on Bells, but make sure its only at the Drop Box at Nook's Cranny

5. Do not Restart the island until the season changes to Winter.

6. When villager hunting skip a villager that you had before and if you see a villager you never had before and they don't show up on the Posters in the Nook Shopping app they must be invited.

7. Only talk to your villagers by gifting them wrapped gifts that contains Non Native Fruit.

8, Once you get a Villager's Photo they are allowed to leave, any villager who hasn't given you their photo must stay until their photo is given to you.

9. Only have Gold Roses and Blue Roses on your island. Any flower must be digged up and thrown away.

10. Whenever a villager lives on your island their home must be decorated the day after they moved in. Outdoor interior themes are not allowed and must be reverted to a regular home interior.
I like some of these ideas a lot, especially selling bugs/fish only to Flick/CJ, maybe also weeds only to Leif. Thank you!

I have heard of things like that. I don't know specific rules of hard mode or whatever, but I would recommend getting each villager's photo from them and have a goal of having all villagers live in your island at some point. Maybe reserve two spots for favorite villagers and the rest can be random.
I would also try getting all bug and fish models after you complete the museum.
Something I do that I guess many don't, is to donate every bug and fish the first time you find it instead of selling it and donating it later another time.

i think they're a super fun way to breath some life into the game, that's honestly gotten kinda stale for me. i don't know how true i'd stay to the prompt or challenge but it does look like a lot of fun! i've skimmed through a few videos with challenges like these but i always seem to gravitate towards speed builds or design prompts/ challenges! it's always so interesting to see how other people interpret or go about dealing different challenges with more wiggle room

Back