• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

I wish I never hit reset!

SunsetDelta

..oof
Bells
Blue Hybrid Rose
Kirby Easter Egg
Silver Mailbox
I really regret deleting my very first town.

It really makes me sad. I really liked my villagers..
But.. I didn't like my house location. At all. I realized that the day after I made my town.
So I decided to reset. The town was only one day old. And I still had a chance to think about my town name and such, since I no longer liked that either.

It seemed harmless.. To me back then, it felt like a second chance for a new town.
So I told Isabelle to reset my town..

Big. Mistake.

Now here I am, a year later, and I still don't have a beautiful town to call my own..
I don't even like New Leaf anymore because of my crazy town map restrictions and because of my inner perfectionist.. And time traveling!! Oh my god, the time traveling!! I wish I never did that either, or plot resetting! Or.. Any of that stuff!!

Now my mindset is "If it's not 100% perfect, reset the town!"
..I know you can't be 100% perfect without hacking. (I hate hacking, so no talking about that)
But.. I can't resist the urge anymore!

I wish I never hit reset. It singlehandedly ruined my New Leaf experience. I honestly want to give up and quit this game now because of this realization.

I've taken so many breaks from this game.. I come back for a month or so.. Then leave the game behind again for another few months..

...Is there anyone else out there who feel this way? Is there anything I can do to make me enjoy this game again? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

(This game was supposed to be a major stress reliever in my life.. But now it's the opposite. :()

I can understand.
Felt sad when my First Town, Starbell, was corrupted.
Got another town didn't like it...
Then I got a town called "Alwind." Kinda enjoyed it, but felt it just wasn't enough.
Then, one day, I finally found Sirius! It was the best map I've gotten "Except a rock that kinda forces me to use some clovers..."
Don't give up! You'll find a town soon. :eek:

Just because you leave the franchise or the game itself you don't have to leave TBT. Myself and a few others don't play 'Animal Crossing: New Leaf' and we are still on TBT.

I suggest trying to get a Wii that is Gamecube compatible or getting a Gamecube. With getting one of these consoles you should purchase 'Animal Crossing: Population Growing'. The Gamecube version is much more stress relieving and provides a more of a serenity, peaceful feeling.

Aww I know that feeling. I was a habitual town resetter. I do miss one of my Valhalla's. (My go-to town name was Valhalla. And it took me a while to find my current town Stardust but I'm really happy with it. Listen, if you have trouble finding villagers you want, I have a a bunch of amiibo cards and can scan them into my second town for you. Take a deep breath and relax, like Flare said, you'll find something wonderful soon! :)

Yes I do. First I hade Lorule. Reset because update. Made Lollind. Loved it but reset 100% (didn't sell just reset) to do the one year challenge. I regret it. I don't have all the pwp. I don't have any money. I feel stupid over it. Plus the challenge is really group centeric. I don't have wifi at home so I basically threw out all my money and pwps for nothing. I don't like my current town that much. It's better than my first town but overall it's making me frustrated. I'm trying to cure it by getting dreamies and the pwps back but I'm still broke. I make millions in my first town probably. Redoing everything isn't fun anymore because I've caught so many beetles ect now.
I'm trying to go slow and be more chill. It's hard.

Last edited:
I can understand.
Felt sad when my First Town, Starbell, was corrupted.
Got another town didn't like it...
Then I got a town called "Alwind." Kinda enjoyed it, but felt it just wasn't enough.
Then, one day, I finally found Sirius! It was the best map I've gotten "Except a rock that kinda forces me to use some clovers..."
Don't give up! You'll find a town soon. :eek:

Ohh gosh, the fear of corruption is another reason I reset constantly..
But yeah.. I don't think I'll ever find one.. It's been over a year now..

Just because you leave the franchise or the game itself you don't have to leave TBT. Myself and a few others don't play 'Animal Crossing: New Leaf' and we are still on TBT.

I suggest trying to get a Wii that is Gamecube compatible or getting a Gamecube. With getting one of these consoles you should purchase 'Animal Crossing: Population Growing'. The Gamecube version is much more stress relieving and provides a more of a serenity, peaceful feeling.

But.. I feel as if I don't belong here anymore if I quit New Leaf.
I don't like to socialize. At all. I tend to get really uncomfortable. So.. If I don't have New Leaf anymore, I'll feel like an outsider unless I get another AC game. And when that happens, I feel like it's for the best if I left..

I traded in my Wii U, so I no longer have Wild World..
I have a Wii, it's my baby. I've had it since 2008.
I haven't played AC:pG in over 12 years.. It was only a rental.. I've never played City Folk..

...I'm in a really bad spot financially.. I can't even afford a Happy Meal, let alone another game..
So New Leaf is all I have right now. :(

Aww I know that feeling. I was a habitual town resetter. I do miss one of my Valhalla's. (My go-to town name was Valhalla. And it took me a while to find my current town Stardust but I'm really happy with it. Listen, if you have trouble finding villagers you want, I have a a bunch of amiibo cards and can scan them into my second town for you. Take a deep breath and relax, like Flare said, you'll find something wonderful soon! :)

Thank you for the offer ☆
And I'm not so sure.. I'm too much of a perfectionist.. I don't think it's possible anymore :(

Yes I do. First I hade Lorule. Reset because update. Made Lollind. Loved it but reset 100% (didn't sell just reset) to do the one year challenge. I regret it. I don't have all the pwp. I don't have any money. I feel stupid over it. Plus the challenge is really group centeric. I don't have wifi at home so I basically threw out all my money and pwps for nothing. I don't like my current town that much. It's better than my first town but overall it's making me frustrated. I'm trying to cure it by getting dreamies and the pwps back but I'm still broke. I make millions in my first town probably. Redoing everything isn't fun anymore because I've caught so many beetles ect now.
I'm trying to go slow and be more chill. It's hard.

See! That's exactly how I feel! D: Doing everything over and over is so frustrating! But because I reset so darn much, it's literally all I do now! I'm so sick of getting that lousy development permit, but I just can't find a town..

same but x100 for my 100 reset towns lol

Oh I've reset well over 200~250 times since I bought the darn game. It's practically torture ?_?

I reset a ridiculous amount of times in WW, like an unhealthy number. I spent months resetting.
Luckily it didn't take me long to find a town layout I liked with NL and I've had my town since launch.

I think it boils down to being too picky. I bet there are towns you skipped over due to the slightest things. Maybe try to challenge yourself by perfecting a map layout you might not deem perfect, eventually all the hard work will pay off and the town will grow on you.

I reset a ridiculous amount of times in WW, like an unhealthy number. I spent months resetting.
Luckily it didn't take me long to find a town layout I liked with NL and I've had my town since launch.

I think it boils down to being too picky. I bet there are towns you skipped over due to the slightest things. Maybe try to challenge yourself by perfecting a map layout you might not deem perfect, eventually all the hard work will pay off and the town will grow on you.

You just described me perfectly ?_?
I've killed off soo many good towns because of my picky perfectionism..

Despite the Town Hall/Train Station renovations existing, I still kill off really good towns because I hate either one or both of their colors..

I could care less about fruit, or grass, or who my starting villagers are.
It's the TH/TS colors, the rocks, the river shapes, and the ponds that bother me to no end..
And because of that, I've found nothing that satisfies me..

I've had this game since February 11th, 2016. I could only imagine if I kept my very first town.. My town could've been amazing if I still had it today.. I blame myself, if anything.. :(

I've tried settling for not-so-perfect towns plenty of times.. But I just can't seem to accept second-best.. My inner perfectionist just says "No! Stop that!" And the cycle begins all over again.

I know that feeling. I used to reset because I didn't like the shape of the cobblestone in from of town hall in WW, lol.
Do you want the ponds in a specific spot, and what about the rocks would make you reset?

If everything was perfect accept for a few rock placements and one of the roofs was a color you disliked, would you consider keeping the town? Or is it an all or nothing deal?

I felt that way with my first ACNL town Lawville. Although I didn't reset, but my dog chewed up the game cartridge and I couldn't play it anymore!! I was sooo sad and devastated because I put a lot of effort into that town! But I bought a new one, which is my current town Atsukito!

Ohh gosh, the fear of corruption is another reason I reset constantly..
But yeah.. I don't think I'll ever find one.. It's been over a year now..

But.. I feel as if I don't belong here anymore if I quit New Leaf.
I don't like to socialize. At all. I tend to get really uncomfortable. So.. If I don't have New Leaf anymore, I'll feel like an outsider unless I get another AC game. And when that happens, I feel like it's for the best if I left..

I traded in my Wii U, so I no longer have Wild World..
I have a Wii, it's my baby. I've had it since 2008.
I haven't played AC:pG in over 12 years.. It was only a rental.. I've never played City Folk..

...I'm in a really bad spot financially.. I can't even afford a Happy Meal, let alone another game..
So New Leaf is all I have right now. :(

Thank you for the offer ☆
And I'm not so sure.. I'm too much of a perfectionist.. I don't think it's possible anymore :(

See! That's exactly how I feel! D: Doing everything over and over is so frustrating! But because I reset so darn much, it's literally all I do now! I'm so sick of getting that lousy development permit, but I just can't find a town..

Oh I've reset well over 200~250 times since I bought the darn game. It's practically torture ?_?

Aw I know. The offer stands as long as I have a working reader and amiibo cards. I wish I could help you more but that's all I can offer. I wish you the best of luck. :)

I know that feeling. I used to reset because I didn't like the shape of the cobblestone in from of town hall in WW, lol.
Do you want the ponds in a specific spot, and what about the rocks would make you reset?

If everything was perfect accept for a few rock placements and one of the roofs was a color you disliked, would you consider keeping the town? Or is it an all or nothing deal?

Nah, I don't care about where the ponds are. I'm OK with having 1~3 ponds in my town. I can't work with four or more. If the rocks are in the way of paths and the like, or if they're waayyyy too close to each other, then I have to reset. It would bother me way too much.

To answer your question.. Well.. If the map was literally THE map to end all maps, I'd accept the flaws.
Rocks, although annoying, can be worked around, and I can always renovate if I don't like the color.

(I don't care about the Train Station color anymore. I used to several weeks ago, but then I realized that I barely use the station to begin with, so it really doesn't bother me as much as it used to.

Town Hall on the other hand, though, I really hate the green one. It doesn't blend with any of the renovations imo, plus it looks like an eyesore. The others I can work with. Blue is my absolute favorite..)

I felt that way with my first ACNL town Lawville. Although I didn't reset, but my dog chewed up the game cartridge and I couldn't play it anymore!! I was sooo sad and devastated because I put a lot of effort into that town! But I bought a new one, which is my current town Atsukito!

Oh no! That's unfortunate D: At least you were able to get a new one :)

Aw I know. The offer stands as long as I have a working reader and amiibo cards. I wish I could help you more but that's all I can offer. I wish you the best of luck. :)

Thank you for the support ; v ; Hopefully I can overcome my inner perfectionist and find a map/town that I'll actually enjoy.

(Emphasis on hopefully..)

I have never reset my town before!! I'm not crazy about my villagers, but I can't imagine starting over now. Even once my town is completed, I think I'll have a hard time resetting it.

I have never reset my town before!! I'm not crazy about my villagers, but I can't imagine starting over now. Even once my town is completed, I think I'll have a hard time resetting it.

You're lucky.. Once you restart, you literally cannot stop..

I've had that feeling, I've never reset my town, but I've made a lot of mistakes over time. like placing PWPs in bad spots, moving out valuable villagers, etc. but don't give up. Giving up will only make time go faster and it will be wasted. I gave up my town for 2 years. And now It's way behind, and I have to catch up on lots of things. So don't spend time regreting what you did, instead try and make a new town, and try to make it better than your old town ever was! :lemon: Hopefully this inspired you.

I've had that feeling, I've never reset my town, but I've made a lot of mistakes over time. like placing PWPs in bad spots, moving out valuable villagers, etc. but don't give up. Giving up will only make time go faster and it will be wasted. I gave up my town for 2 years. And now It's way behind, and I have to catch up on lots of things. So don't spend time regretting what you did, instead try and make a new town, and try to make it better than your old town ever was! :lemon: Hopefully this inspired you.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I'm pretty darn close to giving up, though. I really am..
I'll keep trying..
My first town was only a day old.
I've had towns that lasted three weeks to a little over a month... But once again, my perfectionist mindset ruined all of them! I'd really like to have a town before my birthday.. (3/15)

Thanks for the really good advice though. =)

..Anyone else out there?

i worked on a town for 3 years. i restarted all of a sudden though because i wasn't happy enough with my villagers and the layout. after that, i had another town for 2 or more months. didn't like it at all and i restarted. had a 3rd town and again, i worked really hard on it. i ended up messing with my design though and it didn't turn out well. i regretted resetting in the first place and i considered not to play NL anymore. i don't think i played for 4 months straight but i decided to make a new town in December and it's going really well. i'm so happy with it
it's a shame that you feel this way but it can take a long time to get into it again, especially when you've started over and over. you just need a lot of dedication and patience, it might turn out well

The town will never be 100% perfect if you keep resetting. Dedication and love is what makes a perfect town, all towns can be beautiful with time; it just takes a lot of time, animal crossing takes time. Give your new town a chance (and time) and I bet you will love it and grow fond of it.

I have reset more times than I'd like to admit. For the smallest of reasons. I have been working really hard on my current town, and have had so many times where I have wanted to reset for literally any little reason. It's even worse since the update since I don't lose my bells or catalog it's not as hard as starting completely over. Something that helped me this time was I got rid of all my paths, and redid the whole thing with a better, more complex brick pattern and I like it SO much more now! I'm also trying not to care at all about things being SO symmetrical and perfect and it is making my town feel so much more interesting. That might help you!

Last edited:
Back