a Paw for Good Luck
Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2021
Yellow Candy
New Leaf Token
Pavé
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Red Candy
When I started the game I picked a map with a remote corner by the river where I could build my house. Right now I'm regretting this position because I could have placed my house further back than it is now, but there were trees. Behind my house there's a wide open space and I have no idea what I should do with it. You never walk there because there's no bridge and building one would be silly because there's already one nearby.

New villagers keep trying to build their house there but I disapprove of that. I like to keep that space to myself. Putting a PWP there I find kind of wasteful because you never walk there. Does anyone have a suggestion what I should do with such an open space? I hope these screenshots give you some idea what the area is like, or come and visit to see it.

The area is about 10x10 in size.

image removed

Last edited:
Hmm... You said putting a pwp there would be wasteful but I think something like a flower arch or a bench would go lovely there, it would stop villagers trying to build their house there also (I think. xD), and maybe having a nice flower arrangement, so it'd be like a garden :eek: Not sure though, completely your choice but I think that would look nice :) <3

Make it your own personal back yard <3.
Get some fence paths and then put like a fountain, bench, and some flowers in the back ^^

Do you have the flower bed PWP unlocked? It's cheap, it doesn't destroy the grass if you want to get rid of it later, and it looks nice and simple. If you decide to do a backyard it would fit in nicely, too.

I only have the standard PWP's, my villagers have't made any suggestions yet.

The backyard might be a good plan. My 9th villager moved in today so I can safely do some gardening now. I don't quite understand what the flower bed would do, it's the same as putting flower in soil. The bench however, or water well, seem a nice addition to be placed in the center of the 10x10 square. Perhaps it's not that bad after al.

I'm wondering if a bridge would work too, after which I'll destroy the original bridge. Not sure if that's possible though, the AC guides on internet often contradict each other. But than of course I'll need to add a path to run over. So troublesome... :(

Last edited:
The flower bed would prevent anyone from trying to build; I used it a lot early on in my town. And the little brick edge looks more planned.

A bridge there also ought to prevent them from trying to build. You can destroy your original bridge; I didn't like where mine was so I moved it that way.

The flower bed would prevent anyone from trying to build; I used it a lot early on in my town. And the little brick edge looks more planned.

A bridge there also ought to prevent them from trying to build. You can destroy your original bridge; I didn't like where mine was so I moved it that way.

I see, is there a limit to those patches or can I, in theory, make 29 of them?

Last edited:
I have no idea! I never had more than 3 or 4 up. I only know that bridges and lights have a limit.

Back