• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I noticed certain parts of snow missing

It could be one of two things.
1. It could be in game paths that are worn into the ground as you walk over them or
2. It could be the changing seasons, after the snow melts the ground will get more and more dirty after which grass will grow at the start of spring.

Edit: And yes it will slowly grow back. Every day that you play the game chooses one acre at random, once it chooses the acre it fills in one shape in each square. (Eight shapes are in each square)
So yes, it grows back VERY slowly.

It just comes from playing the game. The developers made a stupid choice and threw the path feature in at the last minute, with little testing. What they didn't realize is that after having the game for a couple of weeks, you can be down to a desert with only a few patches of grass left. The only remedy for this is to time travel one day ahead, load the games, save, go one day in the future, save, and repeat. It's a painstaking process that can take a long time.

GoodlyMike said:
Sheesh thanks developers
The thing is, after a few days, they should've realized the problem and made a patch, but they were too lazy. :/

Pear said:
GoodlyMike said:
Sheesh thanks developers
The thing is, after a few days, they should've realized the problem and made a patch, but they were too lazy. :/
Well it's not a mistake in the game, it's something they added on purpose.

SAMwich said:
Pear said:
GoodlyMike said:
Sheesh thanks developers
That kinda ruins it. The best looking AC yet, and all you can see is desert. On my GC town I'm reminding myself that I can run, the grass doesn't die. I didn't know about that when I first got it, so I was running around on sunny days enjoying myself, only to see patches of grass dying the very next day.

MrCrazyDavis said:
SAMwich said:
Pear said:
GoodlyMike said:
Sheesh thanks developers
That kinda ruins it. The best looking AC yet, and all you can see is desert. On my GC town I'm reminding myself that I can run, the grass doesn't die. I didn't know about that when I first got it, so I was running around on sunny days enjoying myself, only to see patches of grass dying the very next day.
I know it's annoying at first but I don't run around really, I usually stick to certain paths anyway.

I knew about this before I even had the game because I asked some of my American friends on MSN, so I asked them to duplicate Gold Roses and now my town has looked awesome for all 2009 from 5th of December 2008 to the present day.

Back