• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

I loved the direct but......

Aubrey895

Islander Lyric of Lily Cove
Bells
Switch
5386-8207-0510
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Small Mailbox
Why isn't all the characters in the game from the start?

The holiday characters are coming in free updates. Are they not finished yet? Is it so if you time travel the holidays won't happen early?

But when they tried to scan in K.K it said he isn't there yet?

What are your thoughts on this?

i’m a little bummed about that but since a lot of the holidays are a while away, i’m sure it’ll all be finished in time.

also correct me if i’m wrong but i still don’t think they’ve touched on whether or not time travel is still possible so maybe you just won’t be able to do it.

To prevent time travelling and to keep people playing longer, although I don't see why they're cracking down on time travelling so hard tbh

I'm a little worried! We haven't seen a lot of charactyers yet like Brewster, KK Slider, Kapp'n, Pete, Joan... I really hope they'll return!

The holiday characters, I would assume are in free updates either to prevent TTing, or so that they can change what items are given away each year.

I was a little confused by the K.K. part though. Is he not in the game unless you have the amiibo? And even then, he's not.. ready yet..?

Maybe they just had nothing new to show about K.K. and the others? I won't get worried about it yet, plus the official website and Tom Nook's twitter are already giving out more information that wasn't in the direct.

Likely for discouraging time traveling rather than it being unfinished as the game was already delayed anyway. I don’t like how they’re doing that, though. Animal Crossing is about living your life how you want it, and time traveling isn’t really cheating, as it’s not a nasty exploit or unintended glitch.

At least...
1. They aren’t making you have to pay for it.
2. Bunny Day will be available from the start.
3. It’ll help the economy.

I’m just glad it’s not any worse.

Well, you had to wait for KK and others to unlock in New Leaf. I don't see what's so different here.

I like it. This way time travellers won't spoil the events for everyone else! I also think the events will be bigger in this game (at least that was the kinda vibe I was getting), and hopefully you'll have a longer period of time to complete them! I've never played any holiday in New Leaf because those were the days I was never able to log-in! So I hope they take that into account. :)

I think time traveling will still be available by manipulating the clock, but just no events on that day unless they update it so everyone essentially plays the events at the same time. Something like “time traveling will be available” is not something they’d show or confirm in a direct anyways :’D

They're going in too hard with the anti time travelling and honestly making things unnecessarily difficult, it's not a competitive game so why does it matter so much? I could see the argument to reduce spoilers about the holidays and how they'll work, well if they make any significance changes that is.

I think this is just meant to discourage time travel for the first year, or to not have any spoilers.

To prevent time travelling and to keep people playing longer, although I don't see why they're cracking down on time travelling so hard tbh
I think the reason is more like they're not ready yet. The development was already delayed once and they didn't want to delay it any further. They aren't even done with the NSO App.

i think some events are regionally locked, so they may be adjusting for that? i know there were japan-only events that we didn't have access to in new leaf

It makes sense they want to curb all the TTing. Itll help keep the economy more controlled tbh and maybe they are having it so the holidays are different every year like how pocket camp has different events every month

I want this game to be finished. There shouldn't be a need for updates for things like seasonal events. It's not Fortnite.

Well, you had to wait for KK and others to unlock in New Leaf. I don't see what's so different here.

Can't believe this didn't cross my mind, but you're probably right. It's likely just that you can't use the K.K. amiibo until you've actually unlocked him in the game.

They might do different seasonal events. That is an option that could happen. But, I'm not sure about it either.

i thought it more as they were doing it to be able to change the holidays up each year, buut if they are doing it to limit what people can do with TTing i dont think thats too bad either XD

Back