I heard nintendo has used slave labor??

Fighting hurts everyone. Thats all i have to say. I dont wanna continue this discussion because i already know people refuse to accept anything other than what they firmly believe in even though they cannot find anything left to justify their actions. Have a good day everyone!

Please enlighten me. I really really encourage fact checking and at least traveling the world to see it a bit.

Here are some recent-ish articles. I’d link more and i can later but it’s a bit hard on mobile. This isn’t an attack against China as a whole or it’s citizens by the way, and not a personal issue with you. I just wanted to clear it up.

Fighting hurts everyone. Thats all i have to say. I dont wanna continue this discussion because i already know people refuse to accept anything other than what they firmly believe in even though they cannot find anything left to justify their actions. Have a good day everyone!
I disagree and have linked what you asked for but I will say that you should also have a good say and I’m very sorry if I made you upset. It wasn’t my intention and I hope your day will be better now.
Post automatically merged:

As stated in the thread, Nintendo isn't the only company to do this and that's really sad. Hence why people are so against fast fashion. If it's cheap to you, other people are probably suffering for it.
Yup.

And as for saying people need to change their lifestyle... yeah? But also, we need to change society. We have the means. We have the resources. Things are available for the masses but aren’t going to be used because it isn’t the right thing for capitalism.

Things can be better for everyone. It’s just going to be very hard to get there.

Here are some recent-ish articles. I’d link more and i can later but it’s a bit hard on mobile. This isn’t an attack against China as a whole or it’s citizens by the way, and not a personal issue with you. I just wanted to clear it up.
no i definitely understand. Im not a chinese citizen dont worry, blind patriotism is just being blind. However, Have you ever stopped to question just how much of this is true? I have nothing against you and i want to be clear this is not an attack. But all the different types of propaganda ive seen over the years has me being cynical about everything. I’m just gonna leave this here because i cant take part in these. I get too heated. My apologies.

i think specifically in Germany a lot of the wealth is from old money. I doubt they would redistribute.

This thread is ridiculous, and has nothing to do with Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Hopefully it won't last much longer.
By buying in and playing animal crossing we are indeed supporting nintendo who is benefitting from slave labor and I didnt think a lot of people who played acnh were aware of this going on and wanted to bring attention to the players

no i definitely understand. Im not a chinese citizen dont worry, blind patriotism is just being blind. However, Have you ever stopped to question just how much of this is true? I have nothing against you and i want to be clear this is not an attack. But all the different types of propaganda ive seen over the years has me being cynical about everything. I’m just gonna leave this here because i cant take part in these. I get too heated. My apologies.
When injustices are brought up we need to listen and we need to take it very seriously and even though it may be hard to believe... we need to help in any way we can and we need to be careful to ensure safety

It’s fine. And yes, I’ve questioned a lot. I agree that just following every bit of information is a sure way to being wrong about everything xD And I’m the same in that i get too involved with these topics. But yeah, i meant it before. Hope you have a good day and this didn’t ruin it.

i think specifically in Germany a lot of the wealth is from old money. I doubt they would redistribute.

The super wealthy, probably. But new money isn’t willing to redistribute either. But if it’s actively causing such harm to own such high amounts of money... well....

It’s fine. And yes, I’ve questioned a lot. I agree that just following every bit of information is a sure way to being wrong about everything xD And I’m the same in that i get too involved with these topics. But yeah, i meant it before. Hope you have a good day and this didn’t ruin it.
No worries. I’m fine lol. All i’m trying to say is, with the intelligence and tech we have now, why fight when we can try to solve these problems without fighting. There has to be a way, we just have to find it. Violence is an endless cycle and I just dont see it being a solution to anything. Anyway! Have a good day :)

Sooooo, theres a lot of misinformation in this thread. Ive lived in china almost half my life now, and i can tell u for certain that forced labor is a thing of the past. Sure the money they make might seem like pennies to you and yes they probably dont have the quality of living we do, but if u look at every other country in the world, there will always be people living below the proper standards of living.
Also, being in China during the entire covid 19 outbreak, they did a remarkable job if i do say so myself. Its this politicisation of the virus (whose fault is it? Where did it come from) thats creating so many problems and hindering the research progress of the vaccine. Im a medical graduate and was ready to start working 3 weeks before the pandemic. If we want this to truly end. Then we need to stop blaming each other and instead work together as people. Otherwise, we‘re all effed. I have more to say but i wont go on. Its disheartening

Ok, so I really really do not want to go in detail and argue about politics, but I cannot agree with you here. There's too much evidence of how suppressive the Chinese government is. There's a lot of censorship and people are getting punished for speaking out and wanting answers.

All in all though, back to the main topic. Majority of the world is looking to gear away from solely relying on China for producing all their products, so who knows how this'll effect the labor there and where ever companies will be fleeing to next. All we can really do is speak up about injustices like this and hold these companies accountable.

I truly love how idealistic you guys seem. Contrary to popular belief, idealism is not a bad thing. Because without the drive to make the world a better place, we wouldn’t have change in the first place.

I consider myself a very idealistic person as well... but unfortunately I had to discover the truth of the state of the world and how complicated and difficult everything is. The world is truly a horrible place. It isn’t like the movies. It takes much more than believing and waving a wand to fix things in real life. But there is still a part deep inside me that refuses to give up. I don’t want any of you guys to give up on your dreams to better the world either.

I truly love how idealistic you guys seem. Contrary to popular belief, idealism is not a bad thing. Because without the drive to make the world a better place, we wouldn’t have change in the first place.

I consider myself a very idealistic person as well... but unfortunately I had to discover the truth of the state of the world and how complicated and difficult everything is. The world is truly a horrible place. It isn’t like the movies. It takes much more than believing and waving a wand to fix things in real life. But there is still a part deep inside me that refuses to give up. I don’t want any of you guys to give up on your dreams to better the world either.
Agreed. I also think a lot of people in this thread are really young which adds to it. And I do wonder why it’s posted here because I feel like this could ruin someone’s day, aha...

But I have the ideal that humans love and care for each other more than harm and that we can achieve a better world for everyone.

There’s always been horrible stuff going on in the world, always has been throughout history and always will be because that’s sadly human and animal nature.

Not saying we shouldn’t fight oppression and corruption, but in the end it won’t ever be completely destroyed.

I don't think it's Nintendo directly. I thought it was the people mining for a mineral used in microchips for any smart device. A solution would be not to use these devices. That's not going to happen.

If any of you are interested in learning more about the usage of forced labour by Nintendo, I'd recommend reading the articles below:

- A Nintendo Life article further detailing Nintendo's use of forced labour, found here.

- The "Uyghurs for Sale" report, which is by the Australian Strategic Policy Institute. (Here). Definitely a long read, but it's where the information from the Nintendo Life (and other articles) are coming from. Well-worth it if you're interested in learning more about this issue - it includes two case studies of Nike and Apple, which may be of particular interest given our current discussion.
(The Guardian also did a brief article on the report here)

- The Council for Foreign Relation's backgrounder on Uighur repression in Xinjiang, located here. A broader read, but much shorter than the prior report and a good starting place if you are not knowledgable on the subject.

If anyone is interested in further reading materials, please feel free to send me a message and I can recommend more to you! The above links were mostly related to China as that is where Nintendo uses its own forced labour, but of course the issue is widespread - and is one that is faced in the United States under the penal labour system.

Back