I hate you Isabelle

Lyla

Cute Member ;3
Bells
Cake
I need to vent..
So I had this bridge in the perfect spot, it was centered and because of my layout it wouldn't look right anywhere else. Marcie moved in near it. The town did not explode. I wanted to change the bridge style, so today after demolishing my old bridge guess what happens? Apparently I can't put my bridge there because it could cause problems? Nothing has changed since it was last there. I'm so annoyed :(
Marcie is one of my favourite villagers but now she has to go.. I don't know what to do till then..
Why Isabelle whyyyy!?

Poor you :( I hate Isabelle sometimes, thanks to her I couldn't have my lighthouse, street lamp, and flower bed in the perfect spot D:

I wanted to build a bridge on the opposite side of the other but...my house is in the way...and it's my mayor's house...
FUUUUUUUUUUU-

People most likely to hate Isabelle because the system won't let you build PWP or because someone moved in to a wrong spot? I would rather blame those who put their house in my PWP plan's spot. In fact, Isabelle did a great job telling you that you can't build PWP on a certain spot.

If you think of it carefully, Isabelle isn't the one that put villager's house. Lol, want someone to blame? It's Tom Nook's & the villager's fault that you can't build your PWP on a certain spot.

Remember when you built your house? Who were the one that built your house for you? Tom Nook, right? Poor Isabelle. C:

Last edited:
I had a problem with changing bridges too. I had a lamppost on either side of the bridge and I had to tear all four lamps down before I could place the bridge again. Maybe you're having the same issue?

I know it's time consuming and tedious but it's worth it in the end~

I had the same thing happen to me.

..With my cafe.

I have the perfect place to put a lighthouse. However, apparently I cannot have any PwPs within 7 spaces of the event plaza. I ended up moving it a bit further north to where there is slightly more space.

Yeah, I like Colton but his house is somewhat near to where I want to put another bridge, ie there is a ton of room but I'm still not allowed to put a bridge there....

I bet Isabelle has been through training and knows all of it so she is only doing what's she knows!

If the bridge was ok being in that spot for the past month with marcie there why is it suddenly not allowed? Very aggravating. I'm going to TT her out of my town and into my boyfriend's. Then I can put the bridge back. >.<

I HAD THE SAME THING. Pashmina's house was in the way of where I re-built a bridge. If I can't BUILD the bridge there, why can she move in where it WAS?! Geeez. I picked another spot eventually anyway, now I love it.

Same bs with me. There was a bridge by Freya which came with the town. I wanted to change it and she wouldn't let me. So what about the bridge there before?! She's an awful Secretary.

Sorry to hear about this happening to you :( I never thought it can be this fiddly to build a newer bridge at the old bridge spot. Noted.

Isabelle isn't the problem, she just responds based on the game's programming.

It's not like she's sitting there plotting behind your back to ruin all your plans. Its the game designers fault, not hers. She's not a terrible secretary or anything.

I think that lots of people had the same issue. Mine wasn't too bad, but it was kind of interesting. Most people seem to run into issues when new villagers move in too close to bridges. When I demolished my first bridge and tried to build a new one in the same area, Isabelle told me that there was a house on the other side that was too close. The thing was that this house belonged to one of my original villagers. When my game's map was generated at the start of the game, not even the original houses were a proper distance from the bridges. That obviously makes sense since the map is created before the houses are, but it's still very annoying.

But yeah, there's no need to take it out on Isabelle. The PWP system is definitely flawed in many ways, and it's weird how bridges and houses don't have the same clearance. A house can be built closer to a bridge than a bridge to a house.

I did a little bit of testing, and it seems like you need at least five empty spaces between the two. Four typically seems to be too few, although the game is a bit weird in counting empty spaces to begin with. You need a lot more if you want to build a bridge close to a character's house (not the villager's houses), it seems as well.

Last edited:
I had this exact same problem yesterday. xD

It makes no sense at all! A villager can move near a bridge, but a bridge can't be built near them. It's stupid.

I found a different spot to build my bridge, but it has messed up the flow of my town and getting around town is a bit awkward now.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's ridiculous how much free space Isabelle thinks you need to place a bridge. My original bridge is in the perfect spot, and though I'd love to change it to a different style, I won't because I know she's not going to let me place a new one in that spot or even anywhere near it.

To make things more ridiculous: I couldn't place my 3rd bridge because the fountain was "in the way". I demolished the fountain so I could place my bridge, since I really needed it there. Next day, I try to look for a new spot for the fountain, and guess what? I can place it in the exact same spot it was before. So no, Isabelle, the fountain was not in the way.

I still love Isabelle though, she's just too cute.

Back