• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

i forgot how tendious this is!

aquaricality

cursed but cute.
Bells
Switch
2304-3192-9338
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
so, to hold me over until new horizons comes out, i've been resetting for the perfect town: the right layout, good fruit, and all villagers that i like. i have a fairly large list of villagers, too! and while i enjoy the tedium to an extent (otherwise i wouldn't also shiny hunt), i forgot how monotonous it is. then again, it also makes the moment when i get the perfect village more exciting, but dear LORD does this take a while.

have any of you done this, especially recently? is anyone else sharing my woes?

Man, resetting for villagers sound tedious. I used to reset for hours just to get a good layout with the right grass pattern and native fruit. But resetting for villagers houses is way worse, I'm so glad that Nintendo actually noticed our behaviour and changed it for New Horizons.

Man, resetting for villagers sound tedious. I used to reset for hours just to get a good layout with the right grass pattern and native fruit. But resetting for villagers houses is way worse, I'm so glad that Nintendo actually noticed our behaviour and changed it for New Horizons.

it's not that bad as long as you have a long enough list of them that you like, but it definitely is pretty tedious. personally, i don't care too much about grass pattern though, so that's at least one thing i don't have to worry about!

Wow, that does a sound like an annoying process. I've never reset for villagers, layout, fruit, etc. I just picked a map that my gut agreed with and set to developing.

Gook luck on your mission, though. I hope you find your 'perfect town'. :D

Wow, that does a sound like an annoying process. I've never reset for villagers, layout, fruit, etc. I just picked a map that my gut agreed with and set to developing.

Gook luck on your mission, though. I hope you find your 'perfect town'. :D

thank you! luckily i got a town with three villagers i really wanted, two villagers i was okay with, no pears, and a good layout, so that insanity is done for the day.

and then tomorrow i'll plot reset for the first villager. or maybe later tonight?

god i used to get so frustrated while resetting - new leaf was my favourite game for years but i absolutely hated trying to reset for stuff i wanted lol

It's been awhile, but I feel your woes. I think I spent three solid days resetting back in 2015, but I can't remember what I was trying to get anymore. I'm glad you've already found something you're content with!

I think I've heard that you can use patterns to "force" villager into specific areas, do you plan on trying that or the original plot resetting method?

I did this recently because I was being exceptionally tedious while trying to reset for a new town! I wanted a town with circle grass, pear trees, and a very particular layout. Finding the right combos took me THREE WEEKS of resetting for 3+ hours a day. It was always either I got the right layout, and trees, but not the right grass. I kept telling myself to just pick one, but I also knew that if I started playing without my perfect pick it would bother me every time I would play. Eventually it came around and I had put off playing for a while because I was getting so bored of resetting. All I know is that overall it?s worth resetting to get your ideal town.. but yeah that period where you?re constantly resetting and have to go through the dialogue is awful!! Hope you?ll get the town you want!

I remember how much of a headache trying to get a map with a good layout and peaches as native fruit was, without accounting grass patterns. I spent close to three hours resetting my game, until I couldn't take anymore and settled on a good town map but cherries as my fruit. I can't imagine what a nightmare it'll be in New Horizons now that I want a good map, peach as my native fruit and round grass pattern. Thankfully, I worry about villagers later, since I like planning out where they'll go first, otherwise I can't imagine the amount of patience needed to add that requirement on top of the other ones.

Yeah, I can sing a song about how tedious this is. I probably spend way too many hours into resetting just to find a good looking town. If I remember correctly, I once spend like 4 days just to find a town which was overall ok? Mainly wanted one which has a nice river, my favorite native fruit and acceptable placements of the buildings (like town hall for example). Sometimes, I regretted it that I reset my current town in hope to get a better one, as the whole reset progress in general got pretty time consuming as well as frustrating. Will definitely not doing this again in New Horizons, like if I find a island which is good then I will keep it and leave it at that.

oh my that does sound annoying. In new leaf I never reset for my town or villagers haha; im the type of person who is sentimental/nostalgic and believes that somethings are "meant to be" (yeah even in a video game....lol) and I also would not have the patience to reset.

I also play pokemon and sometimes when catching a legendary pokemon I would be like "im gonna try to reset for a shiny this time!" and then get to my 4th reset and be like omG I cant do this anymore its too much. lol

Last edited:
Back