• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

I can't visit other towns/ have people come to mine - what's wrong????

athenaa

Bells
Arcade Tokens
Even though my internet works perfectly fine I keep getting the same damn error code every time I try and visit another town - anyone know what's wrong?

Not essential but if you can get it again, could you post the error code.
You can look up the error code on Nintendo's site and googling the error code brings up past threads.

Its definitely been posted about before, possible something to do with your router settings - wait & see what other players say as I'm no expert.

You might have to change your internal wifi setting in your ds, just switch around from different ones. like from wpkas (sp?) to wpkas 2.

You might have to change your internal wifi setting in your ds, just switch around from different ones. like from wpkas (sp?) to wpkas 2.
You talking about WPA and WPA2? Those are security levels for the access point you are connecting to. They are controlled from the router settings, usually. You certainly can't control them from the 3DS.

Anyway, athenaa, you will probably have to do some fiddling with the router settings and your 3DS settings. I found this thread, among others, when I Googled the error code. It looks like there's no easy solution- you will just have to start trying stuff.

Last edited:
Even though my internet works perfectly fine I keep getting the same damn error code every time I try and visit another town - anyone know what's wrong?

I've had something like this before as well. It worked when I used personal hotspot from my phone, instead of my home WiFi. Give that a try :)

Back