• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon How would you rank the current Pokémon generations? (๑◕ܫ◕๑)

lowaltitude

He's from somewhere
Bells
Christmas Gold Candy
Orange (Fruit)
Yellow Violet
Yellow Violet
Yellow Candy
Blue Candy
Famous Mushroom
Spring Shamrock
Orange (Fruit)
Pumpkin Cupcake
How would you rank the current Pokémon generations? (๑◕ܫ◕๑)

Pretty much as the title states. All media count (anime, games, spin-off games, apps, etc.), feel free to give an explanation as to why you rank them in the way you did!
No. 1 is the best & no. 7 is the worst. Try not to get into big arguments about which generation is the best/worst overall, this is just for fun & casual discussion :)

I'll kick it off with my list:

1- Gen V -
My most recently played/completed core series game, good story, likable pok?mon, thoroughly enjoyed it
2- Gen III - Nostalgia, mostly. I grew up playing my neighbor's copy of pok?mon ruby, and the anime was airing in my country at the time as well.
3- Gen IV - This was when I started -really- getting into Pok?mon. Played hundreds of hours of Pok?mon Diamond, rip. Pachirisu = best boi
4- Gen II - This generation has a lot of rad pok?mon! I only started playing pok?mon HeartGold recently and I'm having a lot of fun!!
5- Gen I - I gotta say, the market's been over saturated with gen 1 content. I'm so tired of it. It's about time we evolved as a species and stopped paying attention to gen 1
6- Gen VII - I haven't played it yet, but I'm looking forward to experiencing Ultra Sun for the first time!! I tried to stay away from any content relating to this generation, but all the Alolan forms and possibilities got me real hyped (don't ruin my fun please)
7- Gen VI - I've watched a few playthroughs of it on YouTube, and I gotta say, none of them really held my attention in any way. Not very memorable. Sad.

Last edited:
alright so i love gen 4 will all my heart but here's the thing
rVLkwai.jpg

this
best team

So I have another thread a couple pages back that asked people which generation was their favorite, but didn’t think to ask people how they would rank them. This is a good idea.

For me, I would rank them like this:

1. Generation IV: This was the generation I started Pokemon with and loved every second of it. I think the large amount of new Pokemon plus large region to explore really gave me a lasting love for the franchise.

2. Generation VII: The amount of stuff to do in this game, the post-game, having trials and kahuna battles instead of gyms, the introduction of z-moves, and just the general fun exploring the islands and stuff in this game rank it number two for me. Also, can confirm Team Skull is best team.

3. Generation V: This was the second generation of games I played and just how fun the region was to explore and how large the post-game was, among other things, made me love these games. The story also felt really well done as well.

4. Generation III: I didn’t play this generation until OR/AS came out, and I did love some of the aspects for it, but didn’t feel like it deserves to be in the top three for me. I will say the amount of surfing and underwater diving was really fun in these games.

5. Generation VI: Felt like these games were lacking quite a bit both in story, characters’ personality, and the uniqueness and amount of new Pokemon introduced. One thing that redeemed it for me a little bit was the introduction of a new type, the fairy type, but even that doesn’t save the redundant feeling of these games for me.

6. Generation II: Have to admit that HG/SS and Gold/Silver/Crystal are fun to play, but the region, Pokemon, and story doesn’t really do much for me. I know a lot of people love this generation, but I just can’t seem to like it too much.

7. Generation I: The original games for Pokemon were what started the series, but I agree that it’s time we stop paying attention to the generation. Aside from nostalgia and some actually good things about these games, there’s a lot that could be said about the lack of features, glitches, and more that reside in them. For this reason and others it’s at the bottom of the list for me.

And that’s my list. :)

Back