How will you get your first bells?

I don't get the Rich Town Ordinance.. I've been told that it raises sell and buy price equally, practically making no difference.

I'll just visit someone elses rich town! xD

It does make a difference. The more an item costs/sells for, the more the price will be.
A shark will sell for 18,000 instead of 15,000 with rich town. The throne also goes from 800,000 to 950,000 (or around that, it's been a while).

I'll probably sell seashells and fruit plus the wallpaper, cardboard box and flooring of the tent first than start my real gaming.

I'll most likely get my first bells from seashells, so I can buy my first 2 tools. I believe there's 2 for sale in Nookling Junction?

Foreign fruit is still worth more, correct? My sis & I will start off by stealing each other's fruit, most likely. Hallelujah for baskets!

Fruit and shells for me. I always donate first catch. :)

I'll most likely get my first bells from seashells, so I can buy my first 2 tools. I believe there's 2 for sale in Nookling Junction?

That's right! Two for sale in Nooklings and then you can get the fishing rod/net (whichever one Nooklings doesn't have on sale that day) from Isabelle along with a watering can, but only if you don't sell all of your seashells! You will need to keep one to give to Isabelle.

I always donate my first of everything; bugs, fish, fossils, etc. Then sell all the other stuff. I'll probably just sell some fruit & seashells so I'll be able to buy the tools. Then try to gather more bells by selling bugs and fish! :3

That's right! Two for sale in Nooklings and then you can get the fishing rod/net (whichever one Nooklings doesn't have on sale that day) from Isabelle along with a watering can, but only if you don't sell all of your seashells! You will need to keep one to give to Isabelle.

Ahhh, I didn't know that! Thanks! *facepalm* Any shell will do?

until i get the net/fishing rod, i'll probs raid the beach for shells

Probably selling seashells and any furniture/clothes I get as rewards that I don't like.

I'll still donate to the museum whatever I get though, I won't be looking at a guide so you never know what's really rare or not.

I'll prolly sell everything but the fossils. I always want to get those done and out of the way first so i don't have to worry about just checking them and then getting them back and then donating. Though i will be sending letters to everyone in town with fruit in them to try and get new pieces without relying on others.

Sadly not many people i know play Animal crossing so once i get my 3DS i can hang out and trade fruit with some of you guys. :3

I'm thinking about donating my fossils, fish, and bugs because I haven't in the past games, but I have always wanted to.

As for making bells, I will probably sell fruit and sea shells.

Sell stuff. Sell fruit. Sell Shells. Sell bugs. Sell EVERYTHING. Well, only after I have donated whatever it is already if it is a bug, fish, fossil, whatever. If I get a shovel, gonna immediately find the money rock. If I get a net I will catch a lot of bees and sell them because they provide a pretty good amount of money. In past games it was 2,500 bells-3,000 bells.

Sell stuff. Sell fruit. Sell Shells. Sell bugs. Sell EVERYTHING. Well, only after I have donated whatever it is already if it is a bug, fish, fossil, whatever. If I get a shovel, gonna immediately find the money rock. If I get a net I will catch a lot of bees and sell them because they provide a pretty good amount of money. In past games it was 2,500 bells-3,000 bells.

Yes, and bees are easy to catch if you know the trick. As soon as the comb drops, run north about 6 tiles then cycle through your tools with the D-pad (the bees don't move when you are switching tools) and when you have the net out, swing it as soon as you see the bees on the bottom of your screen. This works in CF too.

My plan is to donate all museum things I want that 2nd floor. Collect fruits and shells to sell.

ill be donating all fossils i find i made the mistake of selling all fossils at the start of the game and found out i sold the rare ones so it was a real chore to get them again ill be getting a ton of shells and selling them at re-tail

I haven't really planned that out very much, but now that I think about it, I'll probably have to hold off on donating to the museum to get my funds up. Plus maybe I will find someone here to trade fruits with and grow some so I'll have a steady income. Plus the money rock, which I always do.

When it came to the first fossil, painting/sculpture, fish, or bug I've collected in past games, I'd always kept the habit of donating them first because I was never sure when I'd get them again. Especially if they were rare or real (in the case of art).
For the most part I'll probably just be selling fruit and shaking trees for bells (not caring if I get stung or not). Also the bell rock. Find that and memorize where all my rocks are. I'd also sell reward things I didn't want from a villager after they'd asked for a favour.

Back