• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

How were your grades in school?

Have you ever failed a class in school?

• Yes.

Votes: 32 30.8%
  • No.

Votes: 47 45.2%
  • No, but I was close to it.

Votes: 25 24.0%

• Total voters
I failed Algebra one which I retook, and some Media and Technology class in High School.

In college I failed remedial Algebra, which I retook. I've always had a mid to high B average regardless.

Throughout my 12 years of school, I was an average student. I wasn't sure how grades in elementary school worked. However in middle and high schools, I got mostly As and Bs and sometimes Cs. I only had a D in two classes because they (classes) were hard. I got straights As on my progress report once in high school.

In college, I did alright. Most of the classes I took were hard, but I managed to pass them with flying colors. I only failed one class because of the difficulty of the assignments. I retook a failed class with a different professor, and thankfully I passed that class.

I failed pretty much all of my classes in high school. I was really bored with the material and tired of poor teaching so I dropped out at 16, right on my bday. I went on to get my GED and then focused on what I loved in college, writing and rhetoric. Never even came close to failing a class in college. Graduated with highest honors each time to obtain my degrees.

my grades are.. alright now. but in elementary school, they were TERRIBLE! they sucked so much :/

I'd say average. In kinder and first, i did really good, getting all A's. Then something happened, and the only class i've nearly failed is math a few times because of bad teachers and me just not understanding concepts at all. I only had one teacher in middle school who knew how to help each individual student and help them to pass.

In high school i'd say i'm in the middle. If I don't quite understand a class I usually end with a C or B, but I usually get A's. I had a GPA of 3.6 but it dropped to a 3.2-3.3 this year (what I expected lol)
Right now my grades are pretty good, only have 2 c's (bio and math, ofc), and the rest are A's (they're all fine arts classes and world history, so pretty easy stuff)

I think they put me in the easy math class this year but i still don't know what i'm doing... love math lol </3

The only other instance I can think of where I nearly failed in was history in middle school. To be fair, my history was one of those guys who coached football (and the girls swim team at my high school... kinda sus). He gave us long assignments, didn't help us much, and only taught us a few times a year via fill-in-the-blank slideshow presentations.

I did well in all classes except for math. Math was my weakness... a BIG weakness. The teacher would go out of her way to help me all the time and I still didn't get it. She would say I was thinking too hard. idk. And the school I was at didn't have a gym class, so I lucked out there. I wasn't diagnosed with my issues yet and at the time it was something everyone thought I was faking.
Math was also one of the reasons for a career change when I was in college. I didn't fail the class, but I didn't get a high enough grade and had to retake it (it was a C) even though I had a tutor. As a result I had to shuffle everything around because I only had one grant as my only shot for a job and was not interested in taking on student debt. I knew the student debt stuff wouldn't end well. Sad to say the job I graduated for pays minimum wage which is dumb, and no one would hire me for it.. so the certificate is unused. Anyway.... math.

I’ve never failed a class. I never studied and my grades were still always really good. Even during my two years of university, I did really well academically and made the deans list. I wish I could get a job doing homework and taking exams all day because that’s pretty much the only thing I’m good at.

I generally had good grades in school. Exceptions were gym class, philosophy, biology, politics and physics. I hated these subjects and therefore had bad to okay grades. My best subjects were math, English, French and German.

i failed physics 2 and math 5 my last year of high school because i stopped attending the classes when i realized i didn't understand the material and didn't bother trying to study. i had other things going on in my life at the time, and i struggled with physics 1 and math 3 and 4 so it's not weird that i failed them, especially as math 5 is an advanced and optional course (i was stupid and chose it because i didn't want to take more german and you get extra credit/merit (??) for more advanced classes in languages and math).

failing math 5 didn't matter at all, yes it lowered the swedish equivalent of my GPA but i didn't use my grades to get into university, i used the national university aptitude test (högskoleprovet), but failing physics 2 did remove the possibility for me to get into any technical/strict science program at university. i can't become a dentist because i don't have physics 2 lol, not that i want to become a dentist but i would have preferred to have the choice.

i have been thinking about going to komvux (adult education sort of, like you can retake high school classes or take them for the first time to be able to get into university programs and courses you need certain qualifications for.) to retake physics 2 so i have the option to go to a technical university but i am already in the second year of my degree so i don't think i will do that at this point. i do worry that i should have studied computer science rather than interaction design/UX design as my degree, but i didn't have the qualifications for the technical university due to failing physics 2, so i chose something less technical at a humanities studies university, and now i worry that i won't be able to find a job because my education isn't technical enough and i don't learn enough about how computers work nor do i study a lot of programming so AAAAAaah it's stressful.

all that rambling aside, i never focused on school in high school and it's surprising that i didn't fail more courses than i did. i was close to failing physics 1, chemistry 2 and i struggled with math 3 and 4. really, i shouldn't have studied the science high school program but i did and it is what it is. anyway, i graduated and now i go to university and pass all my university courses and that's what matters in the end, not high school physics.

(sigh) I really don't like expressing this, but here's what my grades were in all the past Schools, I really despised because back when I was in Elementary School around 5th grade they made me have to do Fractions which was really hard to understand at the time. In Middle School around 7th grade they made have to do so much 5 paragraph essay's and I somehow did good, my teachers called me the "Best Writer and Speller" but I was not feeling it whatsoever. Then finally in High School was when I got Straight A's in all on my subjects but, meh I really didn't care because I was already broken inside with all the problems I was having with my personal life. If you saw the thread titled "What was your School life like" you would understand why.

They were alright, but also I basically made sure to pass stuff unless I was good at something (like German) then I actually tried harder. Also my parents didn't really care as long as I passed stuff and didn't get F/fail grade.

I almost failed maths in grade 11/high school 2nd year but I didn't at last lol. I always hated maths and physics like it's not like I planned to be an engineer lol.

I got good grades in school in never failed anything. My lowest marks were in phys ed and visual arts because I'm terribly uncoordinated 😛

Is it fine to post here even if I'm still in school? I digress. I don't remember much about my grades in elementary, I went through four of those before hitting middle + high school, so it's all a blur to me. I just know that they were good. I usually get 70's at most, for term 1 this year I got mostly 80's and a couple of 60's + 90's. I've never failed a class before, or from what I remember at least.

I only failed two classes, in the same quarter my senior year of HS because I missed too many days (that was when my depression first started to affect me and I couldn't handle school and I didn't get enough doctor's notes) so ahahah 🙃

other than that, no I never failed a class and I usually had all A's and B's. idk if I ever had a C in HS, definitely no D's or F's (besides what I mentioned above).

I've always been a mixed bag. However, my grades got way better the older I got. And by that I mean after a couple of years of college. I began to learn how to study for exams and properly write papers. At my most recent university I was considered really smart by some, but that's not true. I just know how to study.

I have had really bad grades. In high school I barely scraped through my math classes. Even in history, which I loved back then like I do now, I made Cs. I was so mediocre to bad. My first two years of college, I failed Freshman Comp II. Twice. It's badge of shame for me. I went from that to having an A+ the next time I took the course and having my final research paper used as an example by the college.

Back when I failed the class, I was in a very strange mindset. A mindset of thinking my life was over due to medical issues and thus nothing I do matters. That's how that happened. Doesn't make it much better to explain that, though. I've just had to move on. It was so long ago now.

By the second semester of my third year I began turning things around, began making straight-As. I haven't always had straight-As since but have been pretty close.

My grades in secondary school pretty much averaged out to Straight Bs. As in English and Music, Ds and Cs in Maths and Biology, and the rest were somewhere in the middle. I'd always do whatever homework I was assigned but that was more or less where it ended, I'd never do any extra revision on top of that.

Things picked up in college though! It's not even that I put in very much extra effort, I was just studying things that genuinely interested me for the first time so that really helped with my confidence and motivation. I finished secondary school in 2017, got my Bachelors in 2020, Masters last year, and I'm working full-time as a research assistant in my alma mater at the moment, hoping to apply for PhD funding elsewhere in a year or two :)

I did well in school. I had a 3.9 in college and in hs I took as many honors/AP classes as possible (was able to start college as a sophomore which allowed me to study abroad for a year and take classes that didn't count towards my degree and still graduate in 4 years). I was an honors student in hs but didn't have straight A's, I think the format was more difficult for me since I have ADHD and I also didn't develop as good of studying habits until later for a number of reasons.

The only time my grades technically took a dip was during studying abroad. I was very gung-ho and mostly took classes that were aimed at Japanese students and all in Japanese (I'd be the only exchange student in the class, although there weren't many of us) and just tried my best lol. Luckily, college in Japan is a joke so even with not having good Japanese at the beginning I was able to pass almost all of my classes. The only one I just barely failed was a psych class. I knew most of the material from AP psych and the semester before the exam (most classes are just based on the final exam) had been super easy according to students so I didn't worry much about the test. But it ended up being more difficult and the Japanese friend I took it with also failed. I in part blame the fact that in class they always spelt "depression" out in hiragana as うつ but on the test suddenly he used the kanji 鬱 which on that tiny exam paper just looked like a smooshed spider! But since the school was connected with a different college from mine it all just came back as transfer credits meaning they didn't affect my grades (which is why I felt confident taking classes that were beyond my comprehension).

Im still in school but I almost always get A's. I get a few B's here and there but I have NEVER gotten a failing grade or anything below an 80 EVER. In person school I never got less than a 95 but then when I went to online school it got much harder and I started getting normal grades like 85 - 100. I still get mostly A's and all of my averages have ALWAYS been A except one Science 89 in 6th grade. I love all of my school and I put lots and lots of work and effort into it to do good. My family is really proud! I think my grades would benefit me more if I wanted to do a job with all of that. I want to be a chef when I get older soo atleast my math class will help me a ton! I love school so much I think its really fun and cool to learn new things! (I have never been one of those "why are we learning this" kids because I think everything can be useful in life one way or another!)

Im still in school but I almost always get A's. I get a few B's here and there but I have NEVER gotten a failing grade or anything below an 80 EVER. In person school I never got less than a 95 but then when I went to online school it got much harder and I started getting normal grades like 85 - 100. I still get mostly A's and all of my averages have ALWAYS been A except one Science 89 in 6th grade. I love all of my school and I put lots and lots of work and effort into it to do good. My family is really proud! I think my grades would benefit me more if I wanted to do a job with all of that. I want to be a chef when I get older soo atleast my math class will help me a ton! I love school so much I think its really fun and cool to learn new things! (I have never been one of those "why are we learning this" kids because I think everything can be useful in life one way or another!)
That’s an interesting outlook you have. I think school would have been more “fun” for me if the people I went to school with weren’t such bullies. That’s why I was so excited to graduation — because adults know how to act. I think the bullying was detrimental to my grades if I’m being honest. If I wasn’t so concerned with having to deal with them, I would’ve been able to focus more on the classes. I didn’t even go to college, though. It just wasn’t necessary for what I wanted to do in life.

Id say Decent. I was homeschooled before going to Highschool, then my grades kinda, weren't as great.

Back