• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How to: For anyone trying to set up wifi on their ds

nashnyx

Bells
I researched this for hours and I think I got this down.
wifi on ds needs a WEP security system or a OPEN security system. WEP, is totally outdated and your not gonna find it anywhere.
that means the only other viable option is a OPEN wifi system but that's a security risk for your wifi. So what you have to do is this.

Get a ANDROID PHONE, not a iPhone, to my knowledge this is impossible with iphone.
The android also has to have a sim/cellular attached to it, it cant just be blank phone with no service.
you open a hotspot and in the settings of said hotspot change the security settings to open. This is ok because its a hotspot not a fancy wifi router.
from there connect to it from your ds
follow the rest of the instructions of setting up wiimmfi on your ds here

this method works for me, and seems to be the only realistic possible method without buying a whole new router.

Back