• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

How original is your town name?

I've just looked and no one else has Athenea which is nice. :) It's basically just Athena with an extra "e".

my town name is Dayquilt which sounds kinda silly but i adore it-- and i just checked dream suite and no one else has it ♥
named it that way to... contrast with "nightvale"-- WHICH DOESN'T REALLY MAKE SENSE EXCEPT FOR THE NIGHT-DAY PART but hear my out ok
i thought "vale" actually meant "veil"-- they sound the same-- not valley... X'D;;
so... yeah. PLUS, DAYQUILT KINDA CREATES THE MENTAL IMAGE OF A PLACE SUNKEN IN SUNLIGHT OR SOMETHING

I named mine "Corktree" after one of my favorite albums, "From Under the Cork Tree" and it looks like there is only one other Corktree.

My North American town is called "Poutine". Last time I checked the Dream Suite, there was only one other town with the same name. I guess that's original then?

Also, my older Japanese town has received a more unoriginal name, which is "きのこ" (kinoko). There's quite a lot of towns that used the name as well. My current Japanese town is more original than that, as "エラーランド" (Error Land) isn't commonly used in Japan.

My town's name is based off the two citys I live in, Coest.
Now I'm curious about the dream address lookup.

Mine is Olympus not very original. But I want to change it to Amity Park. but I put so much time and effort into that town I don't want to restart

Oh, I knew Leafre sounded familiar! I almost called my second town Florina after Florina Beach. I haven't properly played Maplestory in years though.

I used to think this game was called "Animal Crossing New Leaf City" but it turns out I was thinking of New Leaf City from Maplestory.

My town is a combination of 'veil' and 'vermilion'. I love how the town looks in fall hehe, it's my favorite in-game season if you will, but I still let the seasons change.

I've seen mine multiple times. Don't care though lol I have always loved the name and it fits with what I want my town to be like.

None of them are really

Rosewood~I've seen a lot.
Eclipse~Beacuse I love the Twilight books.
Seaside~Because I love the show Jersey Shore.
Moonview~Well idk I never seen a town called this.

Mine is Pwick...it's pretty original and dumb lol. I couldn't think of anything so I chose the name that used to be my town name back in the original animal crossing for GameCube when I was 10.

Mine's Azalea, which isn't very original. But my town is based off of Azalea Town in the Johto region in Pokemon so I guess that's pretty original. have a slowpoke well and a pokemon gym and everything!

I haven't really seen anybody else with the name Serenity, but it is a thing in real life so ^-^

have not ment anyone with the name starland yet :)
but im going to guess that there is a five year old out there with that same name :/

Not very, especially when it's a city in a reasonably popular anime, and also a pretty ordinary real life city name.

A funny story: I got Animal Crossing before all my friends. I immediately named my town Magnolia, because I'm obsessed with Fairy Tail. The thing is, my friends are obsessed with it too.

So my friend starts her new town and after like a week we decide we should wifi together. I was EXTRA confused at the gates when I read her mayor name next to my town name. Turns out she named her town Magnolia too.

Back