• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How okay would you be with it if...

smonikkims

Bells
Lucky
Jack
Lobo
Isabelle
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Blue Hybrid Rose
Mint
August Birthstone (Peridot)
...AC Switch pulled a City Folk and ended up being a heavily enhanced port of New Leaf?

As for me, I would actually be okay with it!! I would much prefer something new, but New Leaf set a new standard and I wonder if Nintendo is very likely to want to go in a completely new direction after it. I imagine the art style will be quite similar regardless, but I really hope that the music doesn't stay the same. I love NL's music but it felt terribly lazy when City Folk's was the same as WW's. I would love to at least see it re-orchestrated in some manner.

If an enhanced port would have arrived on Wii U in 2014 or 2015, I would have been totally fine with it. But now we're in the longest gap between AC games (at least the main ones, not counting spinoffs), and I think we're overdue for a new, proper, full Animal Crossing game that's not just a port with a few added features. After waiting this long (and suffering through things like Amiibo Festival), I think we deserve better than that. :p

I honestly would be okay with that. It would give me a chance to show off my town to a new audience and I'd have many more people to visit and many more players coming to my town. I think at this point we are all willing to accept Animal Crossing Switch no matter what kind of port it is. Weather it be an old port to past games or new and fresh from scratch....just please give us AC Switch, Nintendo!

I didn't mind the City Folk/Wild World port because the DS game wasn't that great and CF fixed its countless flaws.

But in the case with AC Switch, I would like to see something fresh, and not just a port of New Leaf. I would ultimately probably be fine with it, but I yearn for something more.

Never played City Folk. It's the only main AC game I haven't played. New Leaf is great though, so an enhanced port of that for switch would work for me.

An enhanced port would be good because of how good New Leaf is. But after how much time it has been since New Leaf, I'd be disappointed if they just released a port

i would be a bit disappointed truthfully, its been so long that they really should of had enough time to make a proper new game

I would actually in some ways prefer a port of new leaf with HD graphics, new stores, new characters and maybe new features. I really really want the feature of having two towns in it! I also think through the dream suite you should be able to visit towns from the 3DS version.

Last edited:
I suppose its a case of sticking to what you know has worked before, and it might be a risk to see the series go in another direction again. But, I think it's possible to build something new without taking out any of what made NL good. There were so many fundamental improvements made to NL that could easily be added to a brand new installment without having to make a port of sorts. I suppose we have to question exactly what we would consider to be an enhanced port.

More depth to the gameplay similar to Pocket Camp could be added (friendship levels, choice of which villagers will be in town), and I think that would be awesome. I would be sorely disappointed if we just got a port. As someone who got NL at launch, it's a great game, but there is a lot they could add. New music is a MUST at the very least.

like others have said i would like a new game with new features but new leaf is very good. i think some things with pocket camp are good like some of the events and the garden and things but also some more stuff like happy home designer would be good also .... new game please, but old game not bad :)

I would honestly be ok with it, at this point I would be fine with anything as long as we actually get AC Switch. I have a Switch solely for Animal Crossing and it's just collecting dust rn

Back