How Often do You Interact With Villagers Now? (Before 2.0)

How often do you interact with villagers now?

• A lot of times per day

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • 2-4 times per day

Votes: 33 34.0%
  • Once per day

Votes: 25 25.8%
  • Once every other day

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Once every 3-4 days

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Once every week

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Barely!

Votes: 14 14.4%

• Total voters
Right now, barely because I'm just decorating, decorating, and decorating. I will talk to them if they ping me but not making a lot of effort recently. But I'm always glad to see them roaming around, wherever I go. 😊

i wouldn't say i actively look for them unless they've just moved in or there's a gift request involved? so probably twice a day if i come across them (unless it's like sly or hornsby who are iconic ofc so there's an exception) or if i want them to get on out of my island. i restarted not long ago (3rd island now!) but i recognise a bit of the dialogue which isn't the end of the world, i haven't really gifted villagers furniture/other stuff before so i'm hyped to do that !

I talk to them every time I see one of them and sometimes look for ones that I haven't yet talked that day so I talk to them quite frequently. I usually only read the first few words though because I skip the all the dialog I've seen before (which is most of it)

I said 2-4 times a day, although it really depends on the villager. My island is still relatively new and I want to get the photo of everyone who gets to live there, so I try to speak to everyone at least once and gift them daily. As the day progresses, I talk to them when they call on me or when someone does something particularly cute. I have played since April 2020, but sometimes they still get me when they are walking around, doing their thing, and they are just so adorable to me. However, even though I try enjoy everyone, I clearly have my favourites for whom I'm much more likely to stop.

I make sure to at least check in with my island friends once a day but Im hoping after 2.0 I might have incentive to talk to them more.
I miss them telling me my dress was ugly or asking me if I want to do a quiz with them

I talk to them at least once at day, though often they come up to me and offer me stuff as well. I do hope they add a bunch of new dialogue for them in the update. That said, you can get surprised sometimes by them saying something they've never said before, almost 2 years in to the game!

I usually talk to them at least once when I start my game. Some of them more than others. After the update I'm probably going to tslk to them a lot more.

I've always tried to do it at least once per irl day, though I'm time travelling to get stuff done, so not necessarily every in-game day. I will probably stop TTing at least for a while when the update lands, so then I'll probably go back to speaking to them every in-game day again.

I talk to them as I'm making my rounds of stuff to do on the island. If I run into them all, great! I'll usually stop for a chat, but if I didn't run into them, that's fine too. It's pretty rare for me not to run into everyone every few days anyway. I sometimes do a lap to see who is crafting something that hour, and this'll generally get me to almost everyone anyway.

i mostly talk to them every time i walk by them, so it ends up being a lot of times in one day lol

however i don’t play every day!

Once or twice a day unless I really have trouble finding them. More if they’re in the museum and I want to see their reactions, or if I have a gift.

Honestly for me the biggest thing is that they tell me I’ve been talking a lot on like, the second time I approach them, so I don’t usually talk to them that many times, and the first time talking to you dialogue’s weighted SO heavily.

Unfortunately I don't talk to them much after I get their photo besides if they're calling my name and coming to me instead. I've been playing the game since release and usually I chat and then give my gift to my villagers so I feel like I've seen every dialogue villagers have to give at this point.

It depends on my mood. Obviously I will talk to a villager a lot before I get their photo. But after that, I mostly only talk to them if I see them thinking or if I'm passing by them. I do have days where I feel like talking to everyone though.

Haven't talked to my villagers in a year, the dialogue were awful, just the exact same "conversation" twice a day, right in a row seven times a week, thirty days a month..
I hope 2.0 have improved villagers, they definitely could have, and it doesn't seem like something they'd announce in the direct as they obviously want to keep the illusion of the villagers being "real" alive, so they wouldn't come out and say "oh we updated the villagers to expand their comprehension blah blah blah".
I'm crossing my fingers.

Reactions: Bui
I talk to my villagers at least once per day, when I will usually go through a few cycles of dialogue with them, and often cannot resist talking to them or engaging with them whenever they are around.

for me the villagers are the most special part of the game, and the reason I keep coming day after day and have logged so many hours (2k+ now) but do not have much interest in games like stardew valley.

my most unpopular opinion is that I do not think the villager personalities should become too fleshed out. I like having the space to imagine my villagers the way I want to, rather than having them forced into molds. I like being able to tell stories to myself about my villagers, and the balance between charm and specificity and vagueness in the villagers works really well for me. A lot of the dialogue is fun and clever and sweet. i also love just watching my villagers wander about and react and emote. It makes my island feel inhabited rather than empty, and I love that.

the prior update (I think it was one of the ones earlier this year?) which reprioritized the dialogue trees did make some good improvements, and I am not opposed to having more dialogue options added or similar tweaks to improve the mechanic.

BUT the only thing I really want regarding villagers is to be able to invite more of them to my island 😭

I’ll talk to them a few times if they’re out and about. Anymore than that gets stale, especially when you’re dealing with the same personality.

i try to interact with all of my villagers daily, but the dialogue is.... really stale after over a year of playing. i really do hope we get new dialogue in future updates because it drives me insane and makes me feel like talking to them is more of a chore than anything lol

I only really talk to them when its related to a nook mile achievement :poop:

Hmm, I do like to talk to my villagers on a daily basis still even though I can pretty much predict what they will say. I mainly do it for the nook miles and also because I'm working on getting some villager photos.

Back