• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How Much Money Have You Spent on Mobile Games?

same 😅, though it was mostly with gift cards that I got as a gift, for OPTC that is. Just recently spent some on FFBE for a newbie pack since I returned to playing and I saw one of the characters that I like now has a unit and could be redeemed with this token you get from the pack. the temptation to spend more is still there but i don’t have a job or money - which is good in this case.
It doesn't help that they make it EXTREMELY easy to do 😭 spending a couple of dollars here and there seems ok, but in reality, it adds up over time :/ Why are all these mobile games so addicting!?

I just downloaded a new mobile game earlier today, and although tempting, I haven't spent a dime on it yet and I'm hoping to keep it like that... but I agree, the temptation is always there 🥲

It doesn't help that they make it EXTREMELY easy to do 😭 spending a couple of dollars here and there seems ok, but in reality, it adds up over time :/ Why are all these mobile games so addicting!?

I just downloaded a new mobile game earlier today, and although tempting, I haven't spent a dime on it yet and I'm hoping to keep it like that... but I agree, the temptation is always there 🥲
I have been playing different gacha games for over three years and I have still yet to figure it out. I know I like to get the “best units” and my favorites depending on the game. I think maybe it is the gambling - game of chance/being surprised by getting something you want that might be it as much as i don’t want to say i like gambling 😅.

Help! The game just released news on the next unit and it is a favorite of mine even though i don’t like the type of unit (super limit break). Part of me wants to ask my mom if i can maybe trade my target gift card which i have no idea how much it is to buy lapis or the bundle that gives you some tries on the banner. the lapis prices by themselves are ridiculous considering how much one round of a step up costs; probably worst prices of all the games I play.
Post automatically merged:

I have an alt account so i can hopefully get him on there with free crystals since the account is still new and unlocking stuff; also there are free tickets and discount pulls but chances of pulling him in them are not really good.

Last edited:
I have likely spent over $400 total on mobile gaming purchases over the last 8 years. I regret it. I don't even play those games anymore.

I don't quite know specifically how much but I do know it'd be an amount too embarrassing to post here. I know I've said it on TBT before but I super regret my Lords mobile phase

I know I've also spent a lil bit on Fallout Shelter, Tiny Tower, Rollercoaster Tycoon, and Pokemon Go, but I don't regret those as much. In fact spending on Rollercoaster Tycoon was a great decision, I'm so glad they brought it to mobile

A lot of money on FGO. I stopped and only spen on occosion. Like the GSSR (where you spend money and get one of the rarest characters)

I've spent upwards of $600 on japanese gacha games in my teens. I remember lying about my age to bypass gambling laws (don't do this), and purchasing japanese google play cards off playasia because I was too young to have a paypal. Never again lmao. Why didn't my parents stop me

Last edited:
I haven't really spent too much on mobile games. The only one I think I ever spent money on was Fallout Shelter and even then I only spent around $10. If a mobile game starts asking for real money I lose interest pretty fast.

This is precisely why I don't play mobile games anymore because I tend to get caught up in purchases for characters, materials, or unlocking progression. I wish some of them were full-scale games without micotransactions because there are a few I'd love to play more of but can't shake the spending itch if I do (Genshin Impact specifically.)

I've probably spent around $100-200 in each of these:
  • Genshin Impact
  • Pocket Camp
  • Bungo Stray Dogs: Tales of the Lost
  • Fire Emblem Heroes
  • Dragalia Lost
Yikes. 😔

i don't think i've spent any money on mobile games unless i count roblox. defo for the builders club back in the day- so like a few times between 2013-17.

i was tempted to unlock the full game of grand mountain adventure (ski game) in early january but i've stopped playing the game since (its a good game though!!). also a game where you had to do different things with your phone to fill in colour squares?? i dont remember the name though

I play/have played tons of gacha games over the years but never once spent a dime. In fact, as far as IAPs go, I don't think I've ever bought one. As long as the game lets me grind out some premium currency just for a chance at a new unit, I'm golden

Zero so far...I like having physical copies (until I really really love the game and it doesnt have physical copy).

I've only spent a couple dollars on mobile games total in my life. I really don't care for mobile games, I feel like they're usually a low quality experience, and a waste of money. Honestly I don't care for online games in general i'd rather buy a game and own it and play how I want. Of course I've wasted money on full price games that I didn't end up playing much too, so its kind of a hand off.

Exactly 0 dollars and 0 cents 🤣
I don't play mobile games, though admittedly I have been wondering about Pocket Camp despite the microtransactions

None. I don't actually have any money to spend on that but if I ever did, I would definitely not use it on a mobile game... There's no guarantee of any of these games staying up forever and a lot of them even require the internet to work which is a sure sign I won't have access forever.
On the other hand, I miiiight be willing to spend money on a browser game lol. It depends! There was one selling real life plushies to go along with an adoptable and that's pretty tempting because it's an actual physical object...

Maybe 200 € in total? But like 85% of that was money made from online surveys, or "beermoney".

Now that I have my own money and bank account it's very easy to just drop a dollar on a game.

I do try to save my "**** it" money though for better things now, even if it's just like a funko pop.

I spent £20 on Love Live once because it was my birthday and my favourite character had a limited banner. I didn't have any other presents I wanted and I was really in deep with that game lol. Otherwise I stubbornly refuse to spend any money on microtransactions. Waiting or grinding for the good stuff doesn't bother me at all.

I have no shame. Between 2 games. Fire Emblem Heroes and Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes I have spent probably over 100 dollars in total.

I haven't spent a whole lot on mobile games, probably no more than $100 total over the years. I've spent $10-20 a couple times in them past, as well as a handful of $1-$2 purchases. I haven't played any mobile games in well over a year now though.

Not mobile games but I spent quite a bit on Animal Crossing stuff and fortnite skins!! I dont even play fortnite anymore hahaha. I think I spent about 100€ on it but I’ll always cherish the memories (‘:

I used to spend way too much on Pocket Camp, as it was really the only mobile game I ever spent $ on. I haven't played that game in a while, so I'm happy to have kicked the habit. I'm better off just purchasing a base game, & having the option for a DLC if I really enjoy it. I'm over micro transactions in a game, & unfortunately Dreamlight Valley has it. I haven't gave in yet, but it's very tempting to when I don't have enough moonstones to get anything cute.

Back