How many Nook Miles do you have?

These days, I only use Nook Miles when a villager moves out and I'm searching for a new one. I had about 30k Nook miles...but, then I spent some of them to find a new villager. So...something like 22k now, I think. Just whatever I amass by natural means. I don't go out of my way to earn them anymore.

33K rn. I haven't been actively trying to get any for a while now bc there's not really anything I want or need from the nook stop. I hope they add some more options soon.

About 300,000, plus about 65 NMT that I just used a bunch of my miles on.

If this thread is representative of the player base as a whole, surely Nintendo has to give us more things to spend our Nook miles on?

They're just sitting gathering dust and are completely redundant otherwise.
The game was obviously set up by the devs to encourage/anticipate villagers being turned over a lot, thus necessitating lots of NMTs to island hop. But I think they underestimated how stuck people got on keeping certain villagers, just like I think they didn’t anticipate the popularity of Raymond and all the tricks people used to acquire him. I wouldn’t be surprised if a future update has some kind of NM adjustment to allow for more purchases, but I would be equally non-surprised if it stayed the same. I’d be all for rotating alternate color NM items in the daily machine roster for twice the “local” cost, so there’s still some of the incentive to trade as intended by Nintendo while offering an option for those who can’t/don’t want to. But I won’t be heartbroken if it doesn’t happen.

The game was obviously set up by the devs to encourage/anticipate villagers being turned over a lot, thus necessitating lots of NMTs to island hop. But I think they underestimated how stuck people got on keeping certain villagers, just like I think they didn’t anticipate the popularity of Raymond and all the tricks people used to acquire him. I wouldn’t be surprised if a future update has some kind of NM adjustment to allow for more purchases, but I would be equally non-surprised if it stayed the same. I’d be all for rotating alternate color NM items in the daily machine roster for twice the “local” cost, so there’s still some of the incentive to trade as intended by Nintendo while offering an option for those who can’t/don’t want to. But I won’t be heartbroken if it doesn’t happen.

That's a good point - I hadn't really thought of that.

I play the game with my 3 year old son, and he's really attached to all our villagers, so I don't use NMTs at all now we have our ten.

Paying extra for the different colour variations would be cool.

I've got 18k right now, but it was at 30k during the start of the day. I just spent a lot buying all the terraforming options.

I think I'm around 180.000 rn I never really use them but I also never really do things to get them

Just over 50k. I bought a ton of streetlamps so that used a good amount of them up. I have like nothing to buy with them now.

almost 50k, i remember when i used to wonder how i’m ever gonna get past 10k hahah

Over 350,000 - plus I have 450+ printed NMT (acquired through giveaways + trades) that I haven't spent on anything yet.

I'm pretty set on keeping my 10 villager line up as it is, at least for now. With how tedious it is to get villager photos, it's been difficult for me to make much progress in getting all my villagers to the point where I'd be fine with them moving out. Also, I just don't have much to spend on in the Nook Miles stop. I'm not a huge decorator and I don't particularly care for my colour variations, so there's not a huge incentive for me to shop and spend.

I think I have something like 80 thousand nook miles. I really only use it to buy nook miles variants for other people and to (very rarely) print NMT. That being said, printing NMT is so slow that I'd rather just buy it from other people since it's faster that way (and it's already pretty cheap to buy NMT with IGB, anyway).

I’m pretty sure I have 20,000 I don’t ever go island hunting so not sure what to do with them

Back