• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How long will it last?

Since I keep my Switch docked at home and my 3DS still comes everywhere with me, I probably will continue playing NL at the same time as NH.

I know I'm probably the minority, but I don't care.

I will always have a special place in my heart for new leaf and will always go back to it.

ive unfortunately restarted my towns so im left with nothing at the moment acnl-wise, which has kind of left me unmotivated (along with the acnh villager renders). its a bit hard for me to go back to acnl now, but i feel like after a bit of time has passed playing only acnh i'll probably come back to acnl because it seems like the "town building" mechanics will be vastly different (and hit different designing itches).

Since I keep my Switch docked at home and my 3DS still comes everywhere with me, I probably will continue playing NL at the same time as NH.

I know I'm probably the minority, but I don't care.

I guess we're both minorities, then. I'll be playing NL for a long time coming!

I've said this on here in the past, but I'm simply disinterested in NH. It surprised even myself when I figured out that I just didn't want to play it. I hope you continue to enjoy both worlds though!

As I'm pretty sure that like with the rest of the Switch's games, I will have to have an Nintendo Account to play online on NH. Online play is one of my favorite things in NL and since I won't have that in NH, I'll definitely stay on NL and also play NH. I was actually hoping to get some more FCs even if we only end up playing once or twice a week. So I'll just be playing NL more frequently it seems at this rate.

The irony is I just made a post looking for people to play with! And like some of y'all, I too, am worried about the 3DS family losing its connection services-- not just as a AC player, but also as a competitive Pokemon player.

i feel like some will still play new leaf, especially if they wind up not enjoying new horizons, but if they do it?ll likely be less frequently.

as for me, i sold my copies of new leaf a while ago, so i?ll be entirely focused on new horizons :)

I feel like people will move over to acnh. There will be people who will stick to acnl but probably not as much interaction for trading as it used to... I see myself still playing acnl in the future despite acnh's release.

I imagine a good while like most older games. Not everybody having a Switch will be the main reason, a few people who are just disinterested in New Horizon and a couple playing both. It's going to be a lot less active than it was before New Horizon though, that's just how it always goes given the vast majority of people will want to play the newest release and not many of them will have the time or interest to play two versions of the same game/series.

I've not played New Leaf in a good while now despite telling myself I was going to pick it up before New Horizon, so I'm already in the camp of "I'm going to drop New Leaf like a hot turd and stick to Horizon", so long as it doesn't turn out to be bad.

Personally I'm going to keep playing New Leaf and hold off on getting New Horizons until I feel like my town is complete - which might take quite a while, considering I've had it since 2015 and am not done! I'm encouraged to see that so many people are planning on continuing to play.

Back