• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How do you typically use the Best Friend feature on ACNL?

How do you tend to use the Best Friend feature in ACNL?

• Total voters

King Dorado

you can do anything
Bells
Rebel Gnome
Fossil Easter Egg
Ladybug Easter Egg
Paradise Planning Easter Egg
Splat Easter Egg
Fossil Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
Waluigi Easter Egg
Yoshi Easter Egg
I only have one registered BF, somebody i met at Club Tortimer from Japan, we exchanged FC and then BF so we could figure out how to meet up again, and chat occasionally, since we don't go on the same internet forums or anything.

i've also had people suggest being temporary BF during long trades in case of disconnect.

i'm curious how most people use this feature.

i actually only have one best friend on my list, and she's my close friend irl. i guess i don't really play enough anymore to really add more people. but when i did use it, we'd just message each other back and forth when we were online at the same time! it was also nice to be able to open my gates to only her, since i sometimes have a bunch of people from trades on my friends list.

i try to add literally everyone to my best friend list, haha. usually because it's just in case i'm curious about their badges or dream town.

I've added a RL friend or two to my best friends list, but the rest are people I've met on here. There's only one that I talk to often, though (but we VM each other instead of using the in-game chat).

I don't currently have any people in my best friends list, but I used to have a few. Usually I would use it when someone started their game to tell them my gate was open if they wanted to visit. Also, if we'd both meet with someone new, we could have private conversations "behind their back."

Rarely/never? I have five people on my list atm (think I had up to 7 or 8 at one point), all people I met either here or on GameFAQs, but I haven't spoken to any of them or even seen them online in over a year, and I don't play socially enough nowadays to add anyone new

(Probably for the best -- it used to stress me out when I had friends who were always online and always wanted to talk, to the point where I started turning my wifi off before starting up the game so it wouldn't sign me in automatically lmao. Sometimes I just wanna chill and do my in-game chores in peace!)

It's so annoying when you forget to turn off your BFF feature and you go online and others are like "Hi! I wanna play" even though you clearly do not want to play. Biggest pet peeve.

it used to stress me out when I had friends who were always online and always wanted to talk, to the point where I started turning my wifi off before starting up the game so it wouldn't sign me in automatically lmao. Sometimes I just wanna chill and do my in-game chores in peace!)

It's so annoying when you forget to turn off your BFF feature and you go online and others are like "Hi! I wanna play" even though you clearly do not want to play. Biggest pet peeve.

yes, i hear you both-- even with my one friend sometimes the chatting prevents me from getting stuff done.

I would turn off the messaging feature if I wanted to be left alone. Or I'd turn off the Wi-Fi before I started the game. That way, no one would even know I was there. I tried not to be annoying and I wouldn't talk to all of my "best friends." I had one friend in particular who liked to visit and chat everyday and she was the one I would message when she started her game. I didn't make that clear before. I actually don't like to be bothered much and that's why my list is now empty.

what i did- bf someone on opposite side of globe- makes it tough bc you're both rarely on at same time, so feel pressure to hang out and chat when you are both playing. i agree- sometimes gotta just turn off the wi-fi...

Back