• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How do ya guys do it?!?!

Samanthers (^-^)

Bells
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Sooo.... I CANT draw, I was just born with the inability to do so. I have no clue why I attempted digital art today!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

So I was wondering how you digital artist do it! When did you start, why did you start, and how did you get better!

Incase you where wondering I drew all that cluttered, messed up junk on Stetches the iPad app.

Those are hnestly good for an ipad!
Personally, I started out crappy. Really crappy. It took me YEARS to get where I am now. I took like, a year break from it and I got better xD

Those are better than stick figures. You probably could draw if you tried harder.

Those are better than stick figures. You probably could draw if you tried harder.

what mariah said ^^

honestly, my art could be better.
im not one of those people who think their art is the best ever

we all started out like crap hun plus no worries, drawing on an ipad is already as hard as is

1. i started digital about 1-2 years ago. Traditionally = 5 years or so

2. I started because i wanted to be the very best that no one ever was

3. You get better with practice, make an effort to do a study on one particular "point" (such as hands, poses, perspective, etc) People keep asking this and its always the same answer: PRACTICE. It takes time, patience and perseverance. Even when you think you cant get any better, you can

we're all still learning bruh

Last edited:
we all started out like crap hun plus no worries, drawing on an ipad is already as hard as is

1. i started digital about 1-2 years ago. Traditionally = 5 years or so

2. I started because i wanted to be the very best that no one ever was

3. You get better with practice, make an effort to do a study on one particular "point" (such as hands, poses, perspective, etc) People keep asking this and its always the same answer: PRACTICE. It takes time, patience and perseverance. Even when you think you cant get any better, you can

we're all still learning bruh

Practice is truly all it takes (kinda)! It took me 2 years to teach myself piano! Even though art can be fun at times, it's really just not something I'm good at :/ it's more of a thing to fool around with than take seriously when I drawn, but I do love receiving art! ^^

tbh youre 100x better than i was when i started out at digital a million years ago

as others said, practice is all it takes :p and also sacrifices to the blood gods

Honestly, everybody starts somewhere and then just practices. If you want to get better in art, you gotta do it a lot, and by a lot I mean a little everyday.
And the truth is that nobody sees their art and thinks, "I'm the best". This is because we all have personal inspirations and we will always strive to push our skills to that level. Also, you will always be your own worst critic because you know how you can improve. It's the artist's curse.

For me personally, I've been drawing my whole life, but I got professional training in college. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you have to get an education in the area (though it does help to get regular feedback from experienced professionals, I find), but what I'm saying is that's where I started really seeing a tremendous improvement because I was drawing all the time.

Your drawings are actually nice. It's a very good start. I would do some studies on human anatomy to help with your understanding of the human body. Even when drawing in a cartoony style, that knowledge will come through your work and help make it stronger.

Keep up the good work!

Honestly, everybody starts somewhere and then just practices. If you want to get better in art, you gotta do it a lot, and by a lot I mean a little everyday.
And the truth is that nobody sees their art and thinks, "I'm the best". This is because we all have personal inspirations and we will always strive to push our skills to that level. Also, you will always be your own worst critic because you know how you can improve. It's the artist's curse.

For me personally, I've been drawing my whole life, but I got professional training in college. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you have to get an education in the area (though it does help to get regular feedback from experienced professionals, I find), but what I'm saying is that's where I started really seeing a tremendous improvement because I was drawing all the time.

Your drawings are actually nice. It's a very good start. I would do some studies on human anatomy to help with your understanding of the human body. Even when drawing in a cartoony style, that knowledge will come through your work and help make it stronger.

Keep up the good work!

Well said. I was going to leave my own tidbit but it'd basically just be parroting this.

Back