Lucky Lollipop
Spectral Preserves
Gastly Halloweaster Egg
Pumpkin Glow Wand
Key to Bell Tree Manor
Ghostly Preserves
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Hybrid Rose
Hi, hello, it's me. Toastybreads, resident forum-poster who goes from being Extremely Active to Dead For Three Months. I've got a question.

I have two blue roses in my town that I've been trying to breed for a while. I want to plant them around Julian's house due to the fact that them and white roses just kinda fit his aesthetic, and I don't wanna hop on here and buy any yet.

I know breeding them is extremely difficult, and these were given to me by another forum member (who though, I forget. it's been a while.) I know when things are hacked in it affects their breeding but I'm pretty sure these have spawned white roses? Can they only make white roses or am I just unlucky?

Your blue roses may, or may not, have been hacked. You may just be a bit unlucky.

My experience: a couple of years ago, I received a pair of blue roses from a forum member. Even in a town with perfect town status, beautiful town ordinance, using the golden watering can, the golden shovel, and lots of fertilizer, the blue roses spawned nothing but white roses for over two weeks.

Finally blue roses spawned and I destroyed the original pair. I now have 500+ blue roses.

Unfortunately, I think your blue roses are hacked. I've heard that they only produce white roses when hacked.

I bought a non-hacked breeding pair of blue roses from a user on here and all they ever produced was more blue roses. I watered them daily, didn't even need to fertilize them since I was only watering them, and they spread like wildfire.

Your blue roses may, or may not, have been hacked. You may just be a bit unlucky.

My experience: a couple of years ago, I received a pair of blue roses from a forum member. Even in a town with perfect town status, beautiful town ordinance, using the golden watering can, the golden shovel, and lots of fertilizer, the blue roses spawned nothing but white roses for over two weeks.

Finally blue roses spawned and I destroyed the original pair. I now have 500+ blue roses.

this is interesting.. i've bought blue roses before and they definitely spawned only white roses... they were probably hacked

Okay so I just found something out. First of all, I never use fertilizer. I forgot it was in the game, honestly, but at this point I think it'll be really useful.

Because I don't use fertilizer, I don't have a golden shovel yet. That'd... probably also be helpful, so I'm gonna work toward that then! Hopefully I can get these roses to breed then.

You don’t need fertilizer or a holden shovel. There are a couple of guides online about jow to breed them.

You don’t need fertilizer or a holden shovel. There are a couple of guides online about jow to breed them.

I know you don't need them, but I figured kill two birds with one stone. Especially since I don't know if the ones I have right now are hacked or not, I might as well try to breed them more.

Do you want two of mine? They're not hacked at all, in fact I put them on the beach so I won't accidentally water them because I was getting too many. Plus I'm not even a fan of them which is also why they're just on the beach. Outta sight outta mind lol

Blue roses are a bit of a pain in the ass you see. A real thorn in my side.

Yeah if you want blue roses that are going to produce, you should definitely post that you want breedable ones! They?re harder to get because hacking to get them is easier, but when you get a pair that you can breed you can get the rest on your own instead of having to keep buying them.

Do you want two of mine? They're not hacked at all, in fact I put them on the beach so I won't accidentally water them because I was getting too many. Plus I'm not even a fan of them which is also why they're just on the beach. Outta sight outta mind lol

I think I wanna try breeding these for a few more days just to see, but I'll keep in touch. Thats so sweet of you, thank you.

Yeah legit blue roses should only spawn other blue roses when combined with another blue rose. :/

I would keep trying :) blue roses are finicky.
Side note (not trying to hijack the op, just seeing if anybody knows) Does anybody know when the hacking started? I also bought mine on here a few years ago. Does the duping hack count or only hacked games? I'm afraid to sell the ones I have cause I don't know if they work right lol

After breeding blue roses for years now, I'm pretty certain that real blue roses should produce nothing but more blue roses. You really just have to water them and they'll do their thing. I'm honestly shocked to hear that hacked blue roses are still going around?

I would keep trying :) blue roses are finicky.
Side note (not trying to hijack the op, just seeing if anybody knows) Does anybody know when the hacking started? I also bought mine on here a few years ago. Does the duping hack count or only hacked games? I'm afraid to sell the ones I have cause I don't know if they work right lol

Don't know when the hacking started--I've never hacked or duped/cloned. I can say that I have received questionable hybrids during 2014-2017 time period. I always quarantined hybrids I've gotten in the past and destroyed the ones that didn't breed true.

From what I remember, duping/cloning was exploiting an AC:NL glitch. A duped/cloned hybrid was a copy of the hybrid parent. If the hybrid parent was legitimate, the duped/cloned hybrid was good. If the hybrid parent was hacked, the duped/cloned hybrid would have the parent's traits.

Recommend breeding-test the ones you have before you attempt to sell them.

Back