• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Holding Pond Numbers (Is Six Normal?)

i never noticed i only had one until another thread about ponds. so convenient. can't imagine more than three rofl

I have 4. Most people don't like them, as you can probably see from all the replies, but if you use it to your advantage, you could probably make a pretty cool town with them. :eek:

I have two, and most of the dream towns I've visited have either two or three. I've never seen a town with six before so yes, you're the odd one out.

I like holding ponds. I sometimes wish I had chosen a map with three instead of two, but I dig everything else about my town too much to reset. I could never be happy with only one pond. I don't like having wide open spaces without any water - that's why I chose a map with a meandering river, and why I place down hot springs and fountains like nobody's business.

I have one pond, which I'm pretty happy about. Six ponds must take up a lot of room. :O

Haha this is so neat! I have 3. Luckily they're all placed directly next to cliffs/train tracks...

I kinda wish I had one in the middle of my village somewhere though, somewhere they all tend to walk a lot, it would be neat to see more than one or two villagers all fishing at the pond together :blush: That would always be cute. Imagine half of your villagers fishing together. Adorable central.

I have one pond, which I'm pretty happy about. Six ponds must take up a lot of room. :O

Me too. I really can't stand too many ponds in my town so I would probably freak with 6!! That's quite a lot and I feel that they would get in your way when building PWPs.

I have 4 ponds and a river that bends in a really tight U shape which really limits the amount of open space I have available. Sometimes I wish I had more open area because when i made my town i just took the first map I got, I wasn't really thinking about picking a better one.

In some ways i kind of like it though because I think the limited open space makes me get more creative with how I arrange things and makes my town more unique. I really can't imagine having more holding ponds than I do now though. Six seems like it would be tough to deal with.

I have 2 currently, my first town had 2 and my second had 3.
I actually don't mind them too much, they really don't get in the way for me. I think that they look pretty nice and it's fun to try to include them in your town design! I really really love the pond in my current town that is beside the retail and a bit below my cafe.

6 is crazy though, I don't think I'd want more than 3 or 4.

Back