Orange (Fruit)
Yellow Lily
Red Lily
White Lily
Pear (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Red Pansy
Hello everyone,

So I've been playing Animal Crossing only since New Leaf, and I just treated myself to New Horizons today. So no town to show off yet, I'm afraid: I like drawing in my spare time, so I really like to make my towns look aesthetically pleasing. It's probably going to cost me an arm and a leg in Bells yet again, like it did when I was setting up my old NL town. But I think it's once again going to be worth it. I honestly loved my town in NL, and I was so proud of it when my plans for it were really coming together. So I think I'll end up loving my town in NH by the time I get to everything I want to do. I like drawing in my spare time, so definitely expect to see a few of my custom designs floating around on the Able Sister forum threads eventually. I mainly make clothing, but I might make some paths and other stuff if the game allows it.

And while I wait for the game to actually arrive, I decided to create an account here. I heard that online trading was a big part of gameplay in NH, so I thought 'hey, why not?' I wish this site had a tutorial or a new user manual of some kind, though: the last forum I was on was simple to use, but it's pretty much dead by now. All of the functions here are kind of overwhelming by comparison: Any grizzled Animal Crossing veterans here to help a poor noob learn the absolute basics? :ROFLMAO: Also, as an autistic person: is there any basic etiquette that the forum rules didn't mention that I should be aware of?

I guess just follow some of the basic trading norms and maybe ask the people you're trading with if they expect something if you're visiting their island! Anyways, hello! Welcome to The Bell Tree! My name is Shoutarou. You mentioned you're an artist! I am too. If you check out the meuseum you can order/take comissions and post art peices like writing, edits, and art! Also if you like making custom designs the Able Sisters thread may be nice to check out. If you need bells let me know! I can make you a welcoming pack free of charge! If you need absolutely anything I'm your guy!!

Welcome to the forums! 🎉

When you click on each board (e.g. New Horizons, Nook's Cranny, etc.) there's a description at the top, which hopefully can help you decide if that's the right board for you to post in, or if it's the board you're looking for. 😊

If you have any questions though, don't hesitate to ask! I hope you enjoy your NH island! 🥳🏝

Hello everyone,

So I've been playing Animal Crossing only since New Leaf, and I just treated myself to New Horizons today. So no town to show off yet, I'm afraid: I like drawing in my spare time, so I really like to make my towns look aesthetically pleasing. It's probably going to cost me an arm and a leg in Bells yet again, like it did when I was setting up my old NL town. But I think it's once again going to be worth it. I honestly loved my town in NL, and I was so proud of it when my plans for it were really coming together. So I think I'll end up loving my town in NH by the time I get to everything I want to do. I like drawing in my spare time, so definitely expect to see a few of my custom designs floating around on the Able Sister forum threads eventually. I mainly make clothing, but I might make some paths and other stuff if the game allows it.

And while I wait for the game to actually arrive, I decided to create an account here. I heard that online trading was a big part of gameplay in NH, so I thought 'hey, why not?' I wish this site had a tutorial or a new user manual of some kind, though: the last forum I was on was simple to use, but it's pretty much dead by now. All of the functions here are kind of overwhelming by comparison: Any grizzled Animal Crossing veterans here to help a poor noob learn the absolute basics? :ROFLMAO: Also, as an autistic person: is there any basic etiquette that the forum rules didn't mention that I should be aware of?

Welcome to the forums! 🎉

When you click on each board (e.g. New Horizons, Nook's Cranny, etc.) there's a description at the top, which hopefully can help you decide if that's the right board for you to post in, or if it's the board you're looking for. 😊

If you have any questions though, don't hesitate to ask! I hope you enjoy your NH island! 🥳🏝

Thanks for the warm welcome! Those forum descriptions are very helpful indeed: I decided to get a head start, and give a few of those forums a watch. To me, Nook's Cranny, the Turnip Stalk Exchange, and New Neighbor Network are specifically worth keeping an eye on. In New Leaf, I was always selling turnips to Timmy and Tommy, and all kinds of stuff I didn't need to villagers at Re-Tail for a few extra Bells. But I was always thinking that furniture that I don't want might be part of someone else's dream set. And a villager that I finally convinced to move out might be someone else's dream villager. If I need to get rid of any of those, then who knows: I might make someone's day by just posting about it in the appropriate forum.

Welcome to the community! I’m so happy you seem to be enjoying yourself here. This is a good site to be apart of, for sure. This site is pretty laid back in general, and you don’t have to worry about being autistic or on the spectrum! Everyone on the forum is pretty open-minded so you shouldn’t run into any issues! I hope you stick around.

One thing about New Horizons, though, the tutorial phase can be kind of stressful. It stresses me out a bit and my little cousin couldn’t figure it out. I wish the tutorial phase wasn’t so tedious, but you’ll get through it! It’s not impossible by any means, just frustrating, lol.

Welcome to the community! I’m so happy you seem to be enjoying yourself here. This is a good site to be apart of, for sure. This site is pretty laid back in general, and you don’t have to worry about being autistic or on the spectrum! Everyone on the forum is pretty open-minded so you shouldn’t run into any issues! I hope you stick around.

One thing about New Horizons, though, the tutorial phase can be kind of stressful. It stresses me out a bit and my little cousin couldn’t figure it out. I wish the tutorial phase wasn’t so tedious, but you’ll get through it! It’s not impossible by any means, just frustrating, lol.

Thanks for the warning! No worries, I'm usually pretty patient with tutorials. And there's probably walkthroughs or videos out there that I can look up if I really get stuck. Usually, a bit of messing around in a game helps me eventually progress further. But after trying to solve an in-game problem by myself about 5 times or so, I often just end up googling whatever I'm stuck on. We all need help sometimes, right? Sorry to hear it was frustrating for you and your cousin, good thing you both got past it.

...And in the case of gamer rage on my end, there's always the off button on my Switch. :ROFLMAO: I actually don't have that much of a temper, but if things go from bad to worse on the frustration area, then I can always just try again another time.

hello there! i’ve already seen a few of your posts around the forums, but i still wanted to give you a belated welcome to tbt! i hope you’ll enjoy new horizons, and i look forward to seeing any future custom designs that you decide to share! 💚

Hi.
I'm new here too.
My name is Anna.
Started playing 1.5 weeks ago.
My friend code is: 2202 8814 1234

Send me friend request and we can help each other

Welcome to TBT! I’m autistic as well. It seems like you’re getting well acquainted with the place. :D

Good to see someone else like me here! It always makes me really happy to randomly see a fellow autistic person in the wild 😄
Somehow, it's just comforting on a spiritual level to not be the only one on the spectrum in a room. Please feel free to send me a friend request if you want to: I do type horrifically slow while in-game on New Horizons, though.
Post automatically merged:

hello there! i’ve already seen a few of your posts around the forums, but i still wanted to give you a belated welcome to tbt! i hope you’ll enjoy new horizons, and i look forward to seeing any future custom designs that you decide to share! 💚

A belated welcome is still a welcome in my book :) I'm definitely still a newbie to a degree, so you're not late by any means: I've only been playing for two days, and I haven't even unlocked the terraforming tools in the game yet. And I don't think I've even touched the trading forums yet. I'm actually getting to finishing my first ever clothing design, all it needs is a few little tweaks to be absolutely perfect. I pretty much can live with it as it is now, but I know I can do better. I think I just need to get used to this design system instead of the one in New Leaf. I really had developed some skill on that old system, but the pen thickness tools and many custom palettes in New Horizons are big help compared to that. Might require me to change up my shading and highlighting techniques, though.

Last edited:
Back