• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Heya, I'm genga!!

gengaflakes

Bells
I'm currently 17 and am female (she/her). Really excited to be here!! I have acnl and acnh, but I kinda gave up on nh since I'm just a horrible designer lmao. I started nl in 20...16 I believe? But I lost my old town since I lost the sd card to my 3ds xl (I'm gon find it one day hgg). I started a new save on my other 3ds a month ago though, and it's been going pretty steady I think :>
But yeah! This place looks cozy, hoping to be pretty active ^.^🌿Thank you for reading!

Hi there, and welcome to the forums. I hope you enjoy your time here. It’s nice to see another Super Mario fan! This forum is pretty active compared to other forums.

Hi there, and welcome to the forums. I hope you enjoy your time here. It’s nice to see another Super Mario fan! This forum is pretty active compared to other forums.
Hello, thank you for the welcome! It's great to know that this place is active since a majority that I've been on definitely didn't have many people there anymore uu;
And yeah, I really love mario games and am trying to complete all the ones I got as a kid (young me was never really good at completion...and honestly I'm still not usually. but i'm doin good so far i think)! I'm really excited for wonder! Also the rpg remake is just sososo cool and AAH a new princess peach game is something to be hyped for too, can't wait for more info on the story/mechanics/etc.

hey genga, welcome to tbt! i look forward to hopefully seeing you around 💚

i feel you about being a horrible designer… it’s one of the reasons i haven’t played new horizons in months myself 😅 i’m sorry that you lost your old new leaf town, but i’m glad that your new one is going well! who are your current villagers? c:

not gonna lie I was really drawn in by that Luigi avatar hehe 👀💚

if you're looking to chat/vibe with a fellow Super Mario fan then I'm your guy, I could talk about it all day! 😄 glad to see you've decided to join, I hope you have fun here!!

Welcome to TBT! :D
Thank you!!
Post automatically merged:

hey genga, welcome to tbt! i look forward to hopefully seeing you around 💚

i feel you about being a horrible designer… it’s one of the reasons i haven’t played new horizons in months myself 😅 i’m sorry that you lost your old new leaf town, but i’m glad that your new one is going well! who are your current villagers? c:
I'm so glad I'm not the only one aah, I totally messed up the island I had at launch since I thought I knew how to terraform (I did not) and it was just a mess after that lol. The first and only intentional reset I did didn't help my creativity either hh...so I've also been gone for months. I do hope to get back on eventually though and maybe make something good.
My current nl villagers are Apollo, Goldie, Rudy, Soleil, Pinky, Vic, Henry, Mira, Rodney, and Big Top...but he's leaving today so soon I won't have him :, I think that all of my villagers are pretty nice, though they ask for things/try to give me bad prices and tradings all the time lmao

Last edited:
not gonna lie I was really drawn in by that Luigi avatar hehe 👀💚

if you're looking to chat/vibe with a fellow Super Mario fan then I'm your guy, I could talk about it all day! 😄 glad to see you've decided to join, I hope you have fun here!!
Ay I'm glad you were! I was actually gonna change it to something more related to animal crossing, but since you said that I think I'll keep the current one for a while.
Also yeah I'd love to chat!! I dunno if you saw my reply to the first person that commented, but if not then I'm currently replaying all of the mario games I got as a kid but never finished to (hopefully) fully complete them. I'm currently focused on 3D Land, and while I dunno the communities opinions on it (fr never heard a soul talk about it ever pfft) I really like the game personally. Despite not finishing it I have lots of nostalgia and memories with this game so that's definitely a reason why to be honest, but I just think it gives off good vibes in generai
But aah I digress, thank you for the welcome! I've been having a great time so far!

Ay I'm glad you were! I was actually gonna change it to something more related to animal crossing, but since you said that I think I'll keep the current one for a while.
Also yeah I'd love to chat!! I dunno if you saw my reply to the first person that commented, but if not then I'm currently replaying all of the mario games I got as a kid but never finished to (hopefully) fully complete them. I'm currently focused on 3D Land, and while I dunno the communities opinions on it (fr never heard a soul talk about it ever pfft) I really like the game personally. Despite not finishing it I have lots of nostalgia and memories with this game so that's definitely a reason why to be honest, but I just think it gives off good vibes in generai
But aah I digress, thank you for the welcome! I've been having a great time so far!
to introduce myself a bit, my favorite game of all time is Super Mario 64 (if that wasn't already obvious haha), and my second favorite is Galaxy 2! I also have a particular fascination with the stone enemies (aka the rock boyeeees), as well as chain chomps and snifits! I actually love that you brought up 3D Land, that's a game that I really enjoy playing and always find myself going back to; it's also the only game in the series that has wallops and prongos lol 😂💕

I could honestly go on about it (the Super Mario series is probably my biggest special interest) so I'll stop here, but I'm really happy to meet a fellow fan! 😊

I'm so glad I'm not the only one aah, I totally messed up the island I had at launch since I thought I knew how to terraform (I did not) and it was just a mess after that lol. The first and only intentional reset I did didn't help my creativity either hh...so I've also been gone for months. I do hope to get back on eventually though and maybe make something good.
My current nl villagers are Apollo, Goldie, Rudy, Soleil, Pinky, Vic, Henry, Mira, Rodney, and Big Top...but he's leaving today so soon I won't have him :, I think that all of my villagers are pretty nice, though they ask for things/try to give me bad prices and tradings all the time lmao
oh i feel that so much lol, i thought it would be a fun idea to completely flatten my island earlier this year, and now i have no idea what i’m doing with it 🤣 it doesn’t help that terraforming is lowkey overwhelming haha. fingers crossed some creativity hits us eventually and we’ll be able to get back into it!

ooh you’ve got a great lineup of villagers! love goldie and rudy sm 💙 big top is also adorable, though i have no idea why he has a framed photo of himself in his house in new horizons lol. is there any villager(s) you’re hoping replaces big top, or are you happy with anyone moving in?

i agree that the villagers’ pricing and trading offers are kinda whack LOL. they’ll be like “hey can i have your super rare fish that sells for 20k+ bells? i’ll give you my toilet in exchange <3” lmao

to introduce myself a bit, my favorite game of all time is Super Mario 64 (if that wasn't already obvious haha), and my second favorite is Galaxy 2! I also have a particular fascination with the stone enemies (aka the rock boyeeees), as well as chain chomps and snifits! I actually love that you brought up 3D Land, that's a game that I really enjoy playing and always find myself going back to; it's also the only game in the series that has wallops and prongos lol 😂💕

I could honestly go on about it (the Super Mario series is probably my biggest special interest) so I'll stop here, but I'm really happy to meet a fellow fan! 😊
Aaah, despite those being classics I've never got to play them :[ though I'm definitely going to whenever I have access to those games!! I'm very interested in SM64, Galaxy, Sunshine, and the Paper Mario series. Also Wonder ofc but that'll be easy for me to get once it releases
Also oo!! Those are cool enemies I agree!! I actually used to be scared of chain chomps when I was little tho, I dunno but the way they looked in SMB3 was just nightmare fuel for me lol. I'm actually really interested in wigglers currently and all their variations...though that's mainly because I think they're just adorable enemies
Wallops are so goofy, like they're literally just there for the sole purpose of being in your way pfft, and with prongos I don't think I've gotten far enough to see them unless I forgot. Searching them up though, they look like total pains omg, flying spikes that you can't just jump on like the stingby :'(

Also I'm happy to meet a fan too aa!! I don't think I know too much since I haven't gotten to play too many games in the series myself (I've only had an NES, 3DS, and Switch sadly, so no real authentic way of playing and dunno much about emulation either currently) but regardless they've always been a part of my childhood and will always be a series that I enjoy :>

oh i feel that so much lol, i thought it would be a fun idea to completely flatten my island earlier this year, and now i have no idea what i’m doing with it 🤣 it doesn’t help that terraforming is lowkey overwhelming haha. fingers crossed some creativity hits us eventually and we’ll be able to get back into it!

ooh you’ve got a great lineup of villagers! love goldie and rudy sm 💙 big top is also adorable, though i have no idea why he has a framed photo of himself in his house in new horizons lol. is there any villager(s) you’re hoping replaces big top, or are you happy with anyone moving in?

i agree that the villagers’ pricing and trading offers are kinda whack LOL. they’ll be like “hey can i have your super rare fish that sells for 20k+ bells? i’ll give you my toilet in exchange <3” lmao
Oh naw I never had the patience to fully flatten my island omg, I definitely did try but that cliff breaking animation is just too loooong to be efficient TT I still messed mine up though by making rivers that just looked awful lmao, like they were too unnatural to look good in my eyes. Same thing with shaping cliffs, they just didn't look as pleasing to me as how they were before I changed them. I totally feel you with terraforming being overwhelming and having no idea what to do tho, the game requires too much planning for my teeny brain
Also yeah fingers crossed (plsplspls)!!

Yeah they're all sweethearts, though Goldie constantly asks to meet at either her house or my house...with time choosing instead of immediate TwT so that sucks but she's still very very sweet, she's like a lil grandma lol
And I really needd to give more attention to rudy actually, I mean I love that he's based off rudolph and he is nice but I usually don't see him lots outside so I just forget to check on him and a few others :< love that self-love for big top though, even though it's..definitely goofy to have your own pic framed lmao.
I'm actually trying to be chill so far since this is my first month n stuff, so I'm trying to keep expectations to 0 so I don't feel disappointed. There's only 1 villager that I can think of that I really wouldn't want, and I don't wanna jinx it by saying their name but they're a scary looking pig. Maybe not extremely scary but I had them move in on new horizons and...I feel bad but they just were really unsettling since they were red...and a pig :' there was no peaceful night when they were wandering around lol
But other than that I think I'm fine with anyone as long as they aren't like that villager

YEAH LIKE I love them but...If they want my stuff I'd at least want somethin cute, even if it's not as expensive as whatever I have TT

Hey welcome! Its really nice here, hope to see you around!
Thank you so much for the welcome! I'll try to be here pretty often, so ye expect to see me hopefully woo!! Hope to see you too :D

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums! ✨

The villagers in your town at the moment are all adorable! Unfortunately I haven't played NL, but I have Pinky and Goldie on my NH island at the moment. 😊💖 There is so much love for NL here that I definitely want to try it one day!

Have you had any favourite villagers throughout playing NL and NH?

Hope you enjoy it here! 🌟

Hello and welcome! Have fun here.
Hihi, thank you for the welcome! ^v^

Welcome to the forums! ✨

The villagers in your town at the moment are all adorable! Unfortunately I haven't played NL, but I have Pinky and Goldie on my NH island at the moment. 😊💖 There is so much love for NL here that I definitely want to try it one day!

Have you had any favourite villagers throughout playing NL and NH?

Hope you enjoy it here! 🌟
Thank you aa!! And omg yeah I love Pinky!! She's one of my favorites in my town right now. And yea I'd really recommend trying NL, its graphics aren't as good as NH ofc but I think that it has a lot of long lasting charm.
But omgomg in NH I absolutely ADORED Peanut and I swear I miss her every day since my NH reset. I really hope that she can either come to my NL town or I could have her in my NH island again...
I also like Doc and Kabuki aaa, they're both so nice...and um, I never got them but Sasha and Ione in NH look really really cool, so they would def be villagers I'd want if I returned to that game! Andand one more I'd like to have is Bob since...he's Bob yk. Though I only want him in new leaf instead of NH, as (with Doc as the exception) I don't really like the lazy personalities in NH. Who are your favorites though?

Last edited:
Oh naw I never had the patience to fully flatten my island omg, I definitely did try but that cliff breaking animation is just too loooong to be efficient TT I still messed mine up though by making rivers that just looked awful lmao, like they were too unnatural to look good in my eyes. Same thing with shaping cliffs, they just didn't look as pleasing to me as how they were before I changed them. I totally feel you with terraforming being overwhelming and having no idea what to do tho, the game requires too much planning for my teeny brain
Also yeah fingers crossed (plsplspls)!!

Yeah they're all sweethearts, though Goldie constantly asks to meet at either her house or my house...with time choosing instead of immediate TwT so that sucks but she's still very very sweet, she's like a lil grandma lol
And I really needd to give more attention to rudy actually, I mean I love that he's based off rudolph and he is nice but I usually don't see him lots outside so I just forget to check on him and a few others :< love that self-love for big top though, even though it's..definitely goofy to have your own pic framed lmao.
I'm actually trying to be chill so far since this is my first month n stuff, so I'm trying to keep expectations to 0 so I don't feel disappointed. There's only 1 villager that I can think of that I really wouldn't want, and I don't wanna jinx it by saying their name but they're a scary looking pig. Maybe not extremely scary but I had them move in on new horizons and...I feel bad but they just were really unsettling since they were red...and a pig :' there was no peaceful night when they were wandering around lol
But other than that I think I'm fine with anyone as long as they aren't like that villager

YEAH LIKE I love them but...If they want my stuff I'd at least want somethin cute, even if it's not as expensive as whatever I have TT
omg real… the cliff breaking animation is literally so tedious, i honestly think i would’ve had more fun watching paint dry LOL. i also had a bunch of flowers and trees up on my cliffs that i had to get rid of first, and the whole process just took forever 😫 i feel you on the rivers; i think mine isn’t too bad looking?, but knowing me i’ll probably change it a million times whenever i start playing again; creating natural-looking rivers really is harder than it should be lol. i haven’t started rebuilding my cliffs yet, but i just know that’s gonna be a challenge 😅

oof i feel that! i’ve always hated when they schedule a time instead of visiting/letting me visit immediately; i usually end up forgetting about it, and then i feel so bad lol. i actually have goldie on my island right now; she really is like a sweet little grandma at times haha

LOL i know who you’re talking about. i’ve never really minded him since he lived in the city folk town of someone i used to watch on youtube and he would always narrate his dialogue with a funny voice, so i’ve always associated him with that, but i agree his design is kinda intimidating 😅 100% could be in a biker gang or something lol

Hihi, thank you for the welcome! ^v^

Thank you aa!! And omg yeah I love Pinky!! She's one of my favorites in my town right now. And yea I'd really recommend trying NL, its graphics aren't as good as NH ofc but I think that it has a lot of long lasting charm.
But omgomg in NH I absolutely ADORED Peanut and I swear I miss her every day since my NH reset. I really hope that she can either come to my NL town or I could have her in my NH island again...
I also like Doc and Kabuki aaa, they're both so nice...and um, I never got them but Sasha and Ione in NH look really really cool, so they would def be villagers I'd want if I returned to that game! Andand one more I'd like to have is Bob since...he's Bob yk. Though I only want him in new leaf instead of NH, as (with Doc as the exception) I don't really like the lazy personalities in NH. Who are your favorites though?

So many cute villagers! Peanut is adorable. I love the peppy personalities!

My absolute favourite is Agnes. 💖🐷💖 She was my sisterly starter villager in ACNH, and she can just be so cute and funny.

I accidentally end up with a lot of normal and peppy villagers on my island, because they're always so cute and sweet! Haha

I also have a really soft spot for bear villagers. I currently have three bears on my island: Pinky, Megan and Teddy. I was actually looking for another bear, a cranky, because I didn't have a cranky, but after a while I didn't come across one, and I invited Fang. I've really come to love him! 💖 He was a bit of an unexpected favourite.

I get so attached to all of my villagers, so it's hard to let any of them go and meet new ones! 😩😅

Back