• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Hello from the UK

lawzy

Awkward Spooky Human
Bells
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Hey! I’m Laura and I’m from England, UK. I’m in my thirties & probably among the older players 🥲 but thats ok. My IGN name is Lawzy & my island is in the Northern Hemisphere and is called Ice Cream (I don’t know why I picked that name & I really dislike it now).

I started playing ACNH in December 2020 but at the time I didn’t understand the game at all & lost interest in it. I picked the game back up in December 2023 and have been addicted ever since! I cant pick a favourite villager, I really love all of mine but if I had to pick one it would probably be Butch. He’s so grumpy but so adorable! My favourite NPC characters are Celeste, Brewster, Kicks and Leif.

I love all things spooky in the game and my house is full of halloween items & two haunted works of art. My recent villager to join is Lucky and I wanted him because dogs are the best & he looks like a zombie/mummy 😂.

Looking forward to chatting with all you 🖤

Hmm... you say you love all things spooky in New Horizons, but Jack isn't in your list of favorite NPCs? 🤔 I haven't participated in Halloween in New Horizons... don't tell me they've softened up and no longer turn your head into pumpkins 🎃 and clothes into rags 🎽 like in the previous games!! 😠💢

Hmm... you say you love all things spooky in New Horizons, but Jack isn't in your list of favorite NPCs? 🤔 I haven't participated in Halloween in New Horizons... don't tell me they've softened up and no longer turn your head into pumpkins 🎃 and clothes into rags 🎽 like in the previous games!! 😠💢
I haven’t participated in Halloween as of yet, I stopped playing the game for like 3 years after about Spring 2021. I don’t know why but couldn’t get into it. I’m sure Jack will be my favourite when I do participate. That sounds awesome though, I might have to time travel back to Halloween.

Hi! I’m also from UK so welcome to TBT. There are a few of us around and everyone here is amazing and so friendly.

Anything you need just please don’t be afraid to ask. There is always someone that can help.

Welcome to the forums, Laura! 🎉✨

I think it would have been nice if we could change the name of our island later, as sometimes I dislike mine too!

I'm glad you decided to pick the game back up and got into it! Butch and Lucky are both really cute villagers! I never have managed to come across Lucky on a mystery island (or not that I can remember?).

Hope you enjoy it here! 😊

Hii Laura, welcome to the forums! I hope you’re enjoying it here so far! ❤️

Ice Cream is a cute island name, but I definitely understand your dislike for it now! I named my first New Leaf town “Cloudluv”, and I kicked myself for it the entire 4 years I played. 😅 In my defence though, I was 11 LOL. If you were able to change your island name, do you have any ideas in mind for what you’d change it to?

Hii Laura, welcome to the forums! I hope you’re enjoying it here so far! ❤️

Ice Cream is a cute island name, but I definitely understand your dislike for it now! I named my first New Leaf town “Cloudluv”, and I kicked myself for it the entire 4 years I played. 😅 In my defence though, I was 11 LOL. If you were able to change your island name, do you have any ideas in mind for what you’d change it to?
Thank you! Everyone seems lovely :). Aww thats such a cute name though! I’d love to call it Halloween Town after Nightmare Before Christmas, I’m a big Tim Burton fan ha. What is your island called now?

Thank you! Everyone seems lovely :). Aww thats such a cute name though! I’d love to call it Halloween Town after Nightmare Before Christmas, I’m a big Tim Burton fan ha. What is your island called now?
Haha, thank you! Halloween Town would be such a cool name! I’m a big fan of Tim Burton and The Nightmare Before Christmas as well!

My island‘s name is Axolotl! An old friend of mine gave me the idea. ❤️ I love axolotls so much and Dr. Shrunk is one of my favourite Animal Crossing NPCs, so I figured it was a fitting name! It’s definitely my favourite town/island name I’ve had out of all the AC games I’ve played.

Welcome to TBT! I've seen your posts in a couple threads. I hope you enjoy it here and everything the site has to offer. 💚

Haha, thank you! Halloween Town would be such a cool name! I’m a big fan of Tim Burton and The Nightmare Before Christmas as well!

My island‘s name is Axolotl! An old friend of mine gave me the idea. ❤️ I love axolotls so much and Dr. Shrunk is one of my favourite Animal Crossing NPCs, so I figured it was a fitting name! It’s definitely my favourite town/island name I’ve had out of all the AC games I’ve played.
I love Axolotls! I keep meaning to google when Dr. Shrunk comes into The Roost cus apparently he does? I haven’t met him yet but seen videos. My first game was New Horizons so I don’t know many of the OG characters. I love Tortimer & had a class with Nat over on the DSL a couple of days ago. It was cool to ‘meet’ him because Flick is one of my fave NPCs. I watch a YT video explaining the history, kinda fell down a hyperfocus rabbit hole 😅.

Back