• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Help With Villagers

Rex of Elysium

Bells
It's me again, and this time I want some help deciding which villagers should be put into which game (New Horizons and New Leaf). I picked out some villagers, and have a nice assortment of color, sizes, and species. But deciding who should I put into which game is difficult I have already picked a few:

Cranky - Octavian, Hopper
Lazy - Chester, Tucker
Jock - Rory, Rowan
Smug - Hans, Ken, Julian
Peppy - Rilla, Tammi
Normal - Bertha, Skye, Pekoe, Nana, Fauna
Tomboy - Cherry, Phoebe, Muffy, Mira, Shari
Snooty - Ankha, Amelia, Judy

I would really appreciate help in deciding. I know I have more than needed listed here. These are just my top picks for each part of the game.

Based on the villagers you listed, I’d say these would be good on either ACNH or ACNL (I think maybe “group 1” for ACNH and “group 2” for ACNL):

Group 1:
Hopper
Rowan
Rory
Ken
Octavian
Cherry
Phoebe
Muffy
Ankha
Amelia

Group 2:
Chester
Hans
Julian
Tammy
Skye
Pekoe
Nana
Shari
Judy
Bertha

My reason for separating these is because I looked more at the villagers’ specific physical features (eyes, coloring, etc) and went from there. I think “group 1” has sharper-featured villagers with strong accents and colors, while “group 2” has the softer-featured villagers with bright/pastel accents and colors (this is more of a “cute” list, maybe minus Hans—but he’s pastel so it’s okay.) I usually pick my villagers based on looks, colors, or house exteriors, so it’s hard not to see that when helping others choose 😂. Hopefully this was useful!

just fyi...cranky villagers in new leaf give you the Zen resident services items sooo if you want to go with the zen theme, then add a bunch of cranky folks to nl. every villager in new leaf has a designated theme to them. cranky is the one that i know because the zen items are Amazing lol

Back