• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

HELP MY CHROMEBOOK SCREEN WONT STOB BLINKING ON AND OFF!

Kit/Kitsune

Bells
it blinks nd stays off for 3 seconds then comes back on! what does everyone thinks wrong (im unsure what model chromebook i have either)

there's lots of things this could be and it's really hard to know without seeing more info about the computer. if it's 3 seconds and your computer isn't giving you any errors, theres a chance that it's completely harmless. it could be display drivers updating, an external display turning on/off, etc.

From Google:

If your HP Chromebook screen keeps flickering and the usual troubleshooting steps like pressing the power, refresh, and esc buttons do not work, you can try the following solutions:

1. Check for updates: Sometimes, a software update can fix issues with your Chromebook's performance. Go to "Settings" > "About Chrome OS" and check for any available updates.
  2. Clear cache and cookies: Your Chromebook's cache and cookies can cause issues like screen flickering. Go to "Settings" > "Privacy and Security" > "Clear browsing data" and select "Cached images and files" and "Cookies and other site data". Then, click "Clear data".
  3. Disable hardware acceleration: Hardware acceleration can cause issues with your Chromebook's performance, including screen flickering. Go to "Settings" > "Advanced" > "System" and disable the "Use hardware acceleration when available" option.
  4. Reset your Chromebook: If none of the above solutions work, you can try resetting your Chromebook to its factory settings. Go to "Settings" > "Advanced" > "Reset settings" and select "Powerwash". This will erase all your data and restore your Chromebook to its original settings.
If none of these solutions work, it might be a hardware issue, and you may need to contact HP support for further assistance.

thanks for all the help i managed to get it to stop doing it and i am very greatfull for all the help!

Back