Auction Help me design my town! Winner announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelmarina

Lovely resident of Manzana~
Bells
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Blue Feather
Silver Mailbox
森
Togepi Easter Egg
ぶ
つ
の
う
Feedback
100% (141) +
Hey everyone, So I'm looking for someone with some mad designing skills. Personally, I stink at designing towns no matter how hard I try and since I decided to seriously consider a second town I need some ideas when it comes to designing it. So I made this into a sort of auction with entries, hopefully it works out.

This thread is purely for ideas, you will not be providing anything I use in my town, I am looking looking for how to decorate it not for someone to decorate it for me. :)

Time to drop some deets.

So my town name is Blossom, all of the villager that I am trying to get for the town are in my signature, and here is a picture of the map. All of the current villagers in this town are going to leave, none of them are dreamies. So pretend like they aren't there, where my character is standing is my house and you can also see where the campsite is.

IMG_2003_zpsif1cevrv.jpg

As you can see, the picture is huge, I apologize.

Now I know most of you guys came in here to see what the reward is.

For the entry who can recommend a good layout for my town that I actually like, I will give them 1000tbt, thats right folks. Meaning that this is going to be something that takes time and effort! I'm going to make you really work for the tbt but at the end of the day it will be super worth it for both of us! :)

Still interested? Here's how you can enter!

Here's what to do next, Below I included a spoiler and in the spoiler is the skeleton you need to show me your idea. When you have finished your idea for my town pm it to me and I will add it to the entry list. Last but not least, go crazy!​

(Picture of edited map/places to put public work projects, you can delete this after info/ picture is inserted.)

Kinds of flowers to use in town:
List of Public work projects:
Recommended path and/or placement(link to path qr code):
Greenery recommended(included bushes, and bamboo):
Location of Bridges and what type:
Location of villager houses:
Your username:

Because I am very serious about this and it's very important to me I'll end this June 1st at 5pm EST and that is when I will announce the winner! Happy designing. :)

Possible themes/ things I like (you do not have to base your ideas on this! Just be creative!)
Modern
Zen-ish (No full blown Zen town though because my first town is full of Zen)
Blue, and blue cosmos

No holiday themes please, and your idea for my town doesn't have to have a particular theme! If you think it works and looks nice then thats great!

OVERALL TOWN THEME: Fairy Tale Beautiful

Kinds of flowers to use in town: I recommend ANY PINK OR BLUE HYBRID With Occasional Purple
List of Public work projects: All Fairy Tale PWP's, Caf?, Classic Police Station, Picnic Blanket, Flower Clock, Fountain, Flower Arch, Illuminated Heart, Geyser
Recommended path(link to path qr code): http://www.vivcore.com/dolly_daydream/acnl_forest_cobble.html I recommend any path from this site
Greenery recommended(included bushes, and bamboo): I recommend white azalea and special tree stump patterns lining paths with occasional bamboo gardens during course of paths
Location of Bridges and what type: Brick Bridges 1st Bridge- Current 2nd Bridge- Right Side Of Town During River Vertical Straight In Middle 3rd Bridge- North Of River At Left Of Town Just North Of Plaza
Location of villager houses: Anywhere these houses can go, preferably at the north half
Your username: Kenziegirl1229

Kinds of flowers to use in town: Blue roses, black roses, white roses, blue pansies, Jacob's Ladders (They have a slight greyish tinge to them)
List of Public work projects: All projects unlocked by NPC's (Cafe, Police Station, etc), Blue Bench (recommend putting it by Cafe), Picnic Blanket, Zen Clock/Flower Clock, (only if you choose to try and obtain Perfect Town status), Flower Arch, Custom-design Sign (will include patterns for those at the end), Zen Garden, any others that you find interesting. For the Town Hall/Train Station upgrades, I recommend either the Sen or Modern one (whichever one you think looks nicer), and I recommend the Modern Police Station, unless you wanna hear Booker stutter all day.
Recommended path and/or placement(link to path qr code): The following sites have pretty nice paths:
http://pathmagic.tumblr.com
http://acpath.tumblr.com
You can go through them, and see if any of them catch your eye c: Also, you can use a few different types of flowers to line the paths. Since you like colour transitions, maybe you could use the white and blue roses? It all depends on the type of path you choose though (sounds so deep, omg xD)
Greenery recommended(included bushes, and bamboo): Blue/Pink Hydrangeas, Yellow Hibiscus, White Azaleas, perhaps a few Bamboo plants near Zen projects?
Location of Bridges and what type: One on the left (like, behind where the Town Hall is), one where the current one is (kind of in the middle of the river), and one near the waterfall (I don't know how close they can be though). For the type, I suggest either the Brick Bridge or the Wooden Bridge.
Location of villager houses: I'm assuming you don't want them all crowded around your house or around any building PWP's, so maybe have a good amount of distance, while making sure they're not too far away? In other words, anywhere you think looks nice.
Your username: FrozenDrinks

As for the Custom-design Sign things, I found a few of these based off your favourite games/characters (I've never played any of the games before though, so I apologize if any of these are wrong/don't come from the games you like):

http://metalscratchqr.tumblr.com/post/105287983343/persona-this-is-my-first-cut-out-pro-design-im: Persona 3 (or at least Persona themed) Face-cutout Standee

http://pokemonqrcodes.tumblr.com/post/56422741405/eeveelutions-patterns: Has a nice Shiny Umbreon pattern, along with a few other Pokemons that you may find nice.

http://roxaseasalt.deviantart.com/art/Axel-Roxas-Sora-Patterns-QR-Code-ACNL-451695456: Has a nice Roxas pattern.

Kinds of flowers to use in town: Any breed, and try to use colours that are bright and colourful (red, yellow, blue, purple, gold. You don't need to use orange though, I know you hate that colour and I definitely don't blame you xD)
List of Public work projects: Cafe, Campsite, Reset Center (optional), a few benches (Zen, Modern or Metal recommended), Tire Toy, Picnic Basket, Park/Fairy-tale Clock, Garbage Can, Round Streetlamp, Balloon Arch, Cube Sculpture, maybe a few Face-cutout Standees (I'll leave the designs up to you, although I recommend something that is bright and colourful)
Recommended path and/or placement(link to path qr code):
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?64716-Rainbow-Bricks This one is really colourful, and I think would look nice. However, if you don't like it, you can always Google a path.
Greenery recommended(included bushes, and bamboo): Blue/Pink Hydrangeas, Pink/White Azaleas, Yellow/Red Hibiscus. I don't recommend Bamboo, although you can add it if you want.
Location of Bridges and what type: Fairy-tale Bridge, and basically located in the same place as my last entry's bridges were (left, middle and right)
Location of villager houses: Anywhere you think looks nice.
Your username: FrozenDrinks

Theme : Pastel Setting of Modern Japan(the theme works for any season, especially summer)
Kinds of flowers to use in town: Blue, pink & white roses or cosmos. I recommend using them in patterns, and any combination of them looks great (ex: blue/white, pink/blue, or pink/white). The white roses are natural, so they're pretty simple to obtain, and they make the blue and pink pop. I personally think that it's the roses and cosmos that have the "beautiful" detail in it that makes them stand out more

List of Public work projects: Zen bell, zen bench, picnic blanket, bus stop, flower clock, fairy tale street-light, flower arch, hot spring, wisteria trellis, wind turbine

Recommended path and/or placement(link to path qr code): There are two sets of designs I have for this. One of them is optional, but it just adds that extra "peaceful" feeling to the town. If you choose to use both, I recommend using an extra character to store the second set of designs. Everything from set one is different options for stream/river decorations. Set two is the paths to use in general around your town
Set 1.) (the best way to place them is around buildings such as your house, town hall, and plaza)
http://bibidesign.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-194.html
http://bibidesign.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-123.html
http://bibidesign.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-142.html
Set 2.)
http://i.imgur.com/6Ljo1ne.png (this path compliments the blue flowers planted around them)
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ee/00/4b/ee004b8049ef215712f7a018aef0fcd9.jpg (this compliments the pink)
Any combination of flowers works for either paths, as long as there's either a pink or blue on it.

❀Greenery recommended(included bushes, and bamboo): I'm not sure if this is what you wanted, but chop down all your trees and replant them in rows in a fruit, sapling pattern. For example, for one tree use cherry or peach bushes, skip a space next and plant a sapling. Go back to the fruit afterwards and so on. Sorry if that was confusing. As for bamboo, there are two ways to go with this. One way is to plant them in messy yet organized rows along the sides of paths or houses to give it a natural looking outline. Or, you can choose a vacant space in your town (in between your plaza and town hall would be a good place, or around your train station) and just have this group of bamboo growing out of that part of your town. Lastly, for bushes, use pink, white and bush starts of any kind. Do the same pattern I explain for the flowers, and use the bushes to outline paths. There's a mechanic in the game that only allows like 10 or 15 bushes in a row, so I got around this issue by placing a flower in between every two bushes. It also makes it easier to walk through the bushes as a shortcut

✿Location of Bridges and what type: I didn't know how to explain it, so I drew out where you should put the bridges here (http://i.imgur.com/djKBquh.jpg). Use the fairy tale bridges

❀Location of villager houses: They actually look fine the way they are, but for even the slightest improvements, I recommend trying to move them more around the outer part of the town like on the sides. It allows more room for town design, public work projects, etc.

✿Your username: Soushi ❀​

Nr 1: The Red, White and Blue Way

✿ Kinds of flowers to use in town: ...Red, white and blue. Red works great on roses and tulips. For blue, go for a mix of pansies and roses. White, go for cosmos and roses. Roses are a wonderful flower, and it's nice to have at least one species consistently.
❀List of Public work projects: A bell as the basis for an idea I love, which is making an outdoorsy wedding ceremony, in this case full of red and white tulips and roses, and bushes and pine trees around to mark the area and create that outdoorsy feeling. The bell should be at the end of the aisle. Also, use stumps for the "guest" chairs! Use a beautiful path as the aisle. If you feel like making a "reception" close by, I recommend using bushes as "tables", with a couple of stumps on each side as chairs. It's something that I've seen done before, and it's super cool. As an alternative, if you don't want to use a qr path as the aisle, mark down a dirt path, and at the end, make a fairy circle of (white and red!) rare mushrooms around the bell, for even more of that outdoorsy feel. I would recommend using the bottom-right part of your town for this, I think you get where I mean. Since you gotta put some distance between the stumps, this is where flowers should go, as well as around the ceremony and between the guests and the aisle. Alternatively, if the stumps don't work out, use the bright red Zen benches.
If you make it winter, I got some fun ideas for the campsite as well. As you might know, the camp turns into an igloo in winter. Make a nice fire pit next to it, to bring that lovely heat. Put blue and white flowers all around the igloo itself, for that icy contrast to the red fires of the pit. Put some log benches around to make it even cooler! Another unique thing you can do in winter is gather the snowman-family around the fire! Said snowpeople can also be used as guests for the wedding They are rather temporary, but makes for amazing screenshots, and there's no preventing you from making a "neverending day", as many have, or just rebuilding them Wouldn't put any paths here, this is the great outdoors! If the log doesn't work out, you can also use bushes to illustrate "benches".
My last idea with PWPs is illuminated everything. Seriously. Illuminated arch, illuminated clock, illuminated hearts. It looks AMAZING at winter, at night, surrounded by the beautiful falling snow. Arches work great down long straight paths, if you want a different twist to the wedding idea, an illuminated heart can also make a fun stand-in for the bell! Also add some modern streetlights. And a wind turbine, looks cool right by the town hall or the mayor's house. Another way to interpret red-white-blue is with something typically "American" (I'm not American myself tho, but I like the idea) and make a huge flag of red, white and blue flowers!
✿Recommended path and/or placement(link to path qr code): http://mayorfuu.tumblr.com/post/1184...aths-june-july I really like this path, and you get an idea of what a (very basic) idea of the wedding ceremony could be. Another idea is to really grind those dirt paths down, they make an interesting, natural design.
❀Greenery recommended(included bushes, and bamboo): Pine trees are my favorites, hands down. The dark green contrast is wonderful with the other colors. Speaking of dark green, go with all the darkest green bushes. They'll be covered in snow, but that just makes a beautiful contrast. Therefore, I recommend hydrangea bushes. If you're not going with winter, make 'em the blue variety.
✿Location of Bridges and what type: Gotta go with those modern bridges! They work great with the theme, I personally like to keep 'em straight, one to each side and one in the middle. Something gotta be practical too. Speaking of modern, I should mention I recommend the modern police station, train station, houses, and town hall for this too.
❀Location of villager houses: I'm someone who likes to put villagers in their own tightly-packed "neighbourhood", so I can focus on grander schemes elsewhere in town. Put as many as you can in the top left corner, try to keep the houses pretty close, but not too close, so you can add cool details like zen benches and modern streetlights to make for a lovely neighbourhood! If you run out of space, perhaps a couple of houses by the town hall. You picked a really good place for your own house, I would recommend putting a modern bridge straight down, so you get that nice one-way path, and an illuminated arch between your residence and the bridge.
✿Your username:❀ confettistan ~

It's so pink and white... what a Fairytale! *

✿ Kinds of flowers to use in town: Pink and white I love color coding. Here, go for tulips as your consistent flower, with pink roses as well, and white cosmos.
❀List of Public work projects: A big windmill surrounded by tulips, all the fairy-tale PWPs, flower arches and pretty much all the Uchi PWPs... seriously, the Uchis are amazing with PWPs. The scarecrow, the wisteria trellis, a lovely picnic blanket... there's so much room for adorableness! The flower arch should go where the illuminated arch went in the last idea. Use the Weeding day topiaries generously, what about a great big, green tulip on each side of the town hall, or the windmill, or a picnic blanket? Also, imagine the illuminated hearts re-applied, this time at sunset! Sunset turns the sky beautifully colorful, said hearts have just lit up all over town, it'll look magical! Also, if you don't like the fairy-tale benches, the wooden benches (aka white benches) can actually look quite pleasant here, blending with the theme.
✿Recommended path and/or placement(link to path qr code): http://darkcrossing.tumblr.com/post/...n-i-did-of-the Even though it's bricks, it just feels like it would be soft to thread on. And the texture, the flower detail, the color!
❀Greenery recommended(included bushes, and bamboo): It is VERY important that you keep it April. A big basis here is the cherry blossoms and their beautiful, pink flower rain. Therefore, your trees should only be made from fruitless "saplings", which are the trees that turn pink around this time.
✿Location of Bridges and what type: Fairy-tale bridges! Again, I'm all about the practicality with bridges, so more or less same placement.
❀Location of villager houses: More or less what I said with the other one! Make the neighbourhood full of pink and white goodness instead, and liberally place those blossoming trees and fairy-tale elements!
✿Your username:❀ confettistan again

✿ Kinds of flowers to use in town: purple and blue Pansies scattered NEAR the Path as Pansies can create a multi-coloured but still subtle feel!!!❀List of Public work projects: Caf? placed close to re-tail on the right side slightly behind the lake, Modern Police Station on the North West side as close to the corner as possible, Zen streetlights placed every 10 or so blocks on your path, An arch of your choosing when the path starts to get to your house, Solar Panels also on the North side preferably North East, Modern Town Hall Remodelled, 2 Wood Benches: one central north close to a path and the other South Western Over looking the sea. A fountain fairly close to the North Bench and a Garbage can close to the South Bench.✿Recommended path and/or placement(link to path qr code):the path should link to every building excluding decorative public works projects and should go around separate fruit Farms the path should be the big bow club from
http://graciegracecrossing.tumblr.c...-so-i-have-kinda-finished-my-path-wow-it-only as you wouldn't need to get complicated with borders and it would still have an effective look!!!❀Greenery recommended(included bushes, and bamboo): I would put a pattern of Red then Normal Then red etc. hibiscus shoots around the path with 1 block gaps every now and then to get to the grass land, In addition to this I would have little fruit farms in squares that the path makes. Use the bigger squares for foreign and perfect fruits and smaller squares for Island fruits!!!✿Location of Bridges and what type: Suspension Bridges, 1 as close to the water fall as possible for waterfall fishing, another directly North of the Plaza and the last at the corner of the river just below where the current bridge is!!!
❀Location of villager houses: Mostly south with a few on the North side where there aren't big public works projects!
✿Your username:86b9❀​

Theme Modern but a nature feel! Like that perfect town you always wanted to live in
✿ Kinds of flowers to use in town: Every single type but in different areas like all roses in one area and different patterns like (Pink tulips White lilly's Purple pansies) So you would have like different flowers for each area so for like a zen area (White tulips & Black lilly's) Basically your town will be covered with flowers but looks naturally and not pushed
❀List of Public work projects: Farm work area (Wind turbine, Solar panel Instrument shelter Fence Water pump ) Area 2 modern and classy! (Statue fountain metal benches illuminate arch illuminate heart) Area 3 Park (Tire toy jungle gym sandbox) Area 4 Zen area 5 (Zen garden hot spring rack of rice) Area 6 Forest (Fire pit) I would recommend a good fire hydrant or lamp around to give it a nice touch! Also must have PWP are Bus stop and Flower clock they are amazing!
✿Recommended path and/or placement(link to path qr code): Here are some beautiful paths that would look great in your town! http://tobimorieko.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-35.html http://tobimorieko.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-85.html http://tobimorieko.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-36.html and I would have to come and visit to help you lay it out <3
❀Greenery recommended(included bushes, and bamboo): I honestly love having all different types! I have half grown cut bamboo that looks absolutely adorable! I also like outlining areas with bushes and if one doesn't grow I put a gyroid down it fits perfectly and I also like having all the fruits in my town so I have different areas with just the different fruits! I also made a orchard with just the main starting fruits, Also I would put your perfect fruit and money tree's in your most important area's (Town hall or like leading to the plaza ect) I'm also making a cedar ranch I guess? I cut them leading to theirs growth so like the smallest cut down the I kept leading it until it was fully grown and chopped with a lumber QR and axes near it :) Also make a forest near your campsite with Jacobs ladders mushrooms and clovers!
✿Location of Bridges and what type: Wooden for sure they look the best! That's another thing I would come over for :) Something that I really like to do is have everything like all the different types of flowers fruits stumps even the different growths of trees & bamboo! And when I make different area's I always outline them with either a water QR or bushes it makes your town alot bigger and more organised then it already is
❀Location of villager houses: I would make a neighborhood it saves space and usually a big problem for me is that villagers that are spread out don't get to interact with each other which is sad
✿Your username:❀ peachesandicecream

The winner is: peachesandicecream! I will send you the tbt now! :) Thank you everyone for participating. :)

Last edited:
hi again, well if you dream my town (Paarl) and you like what I've done, I can help you out...

(btw your map is nearly an exact copy of Tasmania - see sig)

hi again, well if you dream my town (Paarl) and you like what I've done, I can help you out...

(btw your map is nearly an exact copy of Tasmania - see sig)

If you would like to submit an entry and stuff I would love to see it. :) I really like seeing other people's towns. :3

Just a question, I'm sorry if this is a bit informal to ask you. But, what are you going to do if my entry is the only one? Once again, I'm sorry if this is a bit informal to ask you. I was just wondering. Thanks!

Just a question, I'm sorry if this is a bit informal to ask you. But, what are you going to do if my entry is the only one? Once again, I'm sorry if this is a bit informal to ask you. I was just wondering. Thanks!

Not at all. :) If you are the only one to enter than you would get the tbt of course! :3 Because that means you were the only one to take the time to submit an entry and actually put some effort in to earning the tbt. ^^

Hmm, this seems like a very interesting contest that I might actually be good at. Before I throw anything out there, however, I'd like to know a little bit more details about what kind of things you like, and could be useful:

1) Besides blue, are there any other colours that you like?
2) What's your favourite type of in-game flower?
3) Your bio states that you are interested in the Persona, Pokemon, Harvest Moon and Kingdom Hearts games. Are there any characters from those games that you like the most? (Probably a weird question, but it'd be helpful)

Don't know if you'd be willing to answer these questions or not, as you probably want us to just throw out whatever idea we have, but it's worth a shot.

Hmm, this seems like a very interesting contest that I might actually be good at. Before I throw anything out there, however, I'd like to know a little bit more details about what kind of things you like, and could be useful:

1) Besides blue, are there any other colours that you like?
2) What's your favourite type of in-game flower?
3) Your bio states that you are interested in the Persona, Pokemon, Harvest Moon and Kingdom Hearts games. Are there any characters from those games that you like the most? (Probably a weird question, but it'd be helpful)

Don't know if you'd be willing to answer these questions or not, as you probably want us to just throw out whatever idea we have, but it's worth a shot.

I don't mind answering any questions. :)

1) I like gray, black, and not a specific color but transitions, like going from a lighter color to a darker and vice versa. I absolutely hate orange though.
2) Blue Pansies, Blue roses, yellow roses, and black roses
3) From my avatar you can see that I love persona 3, my favorite persona characters in general are Minako, Akihito, ken, and Naoto. My favorite pokemon is shiny Umbreon. For harvest moon my current obsession is Nadi, and for kingdom hearts I love Roxas. :)

Hope this helps, if you have anymore question feel free to ask them. :3

Last edited:
I don't mind answering any questions. :)

1) I like gray, black, and not a specific color but transitions, like going from a lighter color to a darker and vice versa. I absolutely hate orange though.
2) Blue Cosmos, Blue roses, yellow roses, and black roses
3) From my avatar you can see that I love persona 3, my favorite persona characters in general are Minako, Akihito, ken, and Naoto. My favorite pokemon is shiny Umbreon. For harvest moon my current obsession is Nadi, and for kingdom hearts I love Roxas. :)

Hope this helps, if you have anymore question feel free to ask them. :3

Very helpful, thanks! Just a heads up though; there are no blue cosmos in New Leaf xD

Bloop

If you have already submitted an entry and would like to submit another you are free to do so! :3​

Last edited:
Ok so I got two main ideas that I kinda ran with:

Nr 1: The Red, White and Blue Way

✿ Kinds of flowers to use in town: ...Red, white and blue. Red works great on roses and tulips. For blue, go for a mix of pansies and roses. White, go for cosmos and roses. Roses are a wonderful flower, and it's nice to have at least one species consistently.
❀List of Public work projects: A bell as the basis for an idea I love, which is making an outdoorsy wedding ceremony, in this case full of red and white tulips and roses, and bushes and pine trees around to mark the area and create that outdoorsy feeling. The bell should be at the end of the aisle. Also, use stumps for the "guest" chairs! Use a beautiful path as the aisle. If you feel like making a "reception" close by, I recommend using bushes as "tables", with a couple of stumps on each side as chairs. It's something that I've seen done before, and it's super cool. As an alternative, if you don't want to use a qr path as the aisle, mark down a dirt path, and at the end, make a fairy circle of (white and red!) rare mushrooms around the bell, for even more of that outdoorsy feel. I would recommend using the bottom-right part of your town for this, I think you get where I mean. Since you gotta put some distance between the stumps, this is where flowers should go, as well as around the ceremony and between the guests and the aisle. Alternatively, if the stumps don't work out, use the bright red Zen benches.
If you make it winter, I got some fun ideas for the campsite as well. As you might know, the camp turns into an igloo in winter. Make a nice fire pit next to it, to bring that lovely heat. Put blue and white flowers all around the igloo itself, for that icy contrast to the red fires of the pit. Put some log benches around to make it even cooler! Another unique thing you can do in winter is gather the snowman-family around the fire! Said snowpeople can also be used as guests for the wedding ;) They are rather temporary, but makes for amazing screenshots, and there's no preventing you from making a "neverending day", as many have, or just rebuilding them :) Wouldn't put any paths here, this is the great outdoors! If the log doesn't work out, you can also use bushes to illustrate "benches".
My last idea with PWPs is illuminated everything. Seriously. Illuminated arch, illuminated clock, illuminated hearts. It looks AMAZING at winter, at night, surrounded by the beautiful falling snow. Arches work great down long straight paths, if you want a different twist to the wedding idea, an illuminated heart can also make a fun stand-in for the bell! Also add some modern streetlights. And a wind turbine, looks cool right by the town hall or the mayor's house. Another way to interpret red-white-blue is with something typically "American" (I'm not American myself tho, but I like the idea) and make a huge flag of red, white and blue flowers!
✿Recommended path and/or placement(link to path qr code): http://mayorfuu.tumblr.com/post/118435351161/latest-version-of-my-main-paths-june-july I really like this path, and you get an idea of what a (very basic) idea of the wedding ceremony could be. Another idea is to really grind those dirt paths down, they make an interesting, natural design.
❀Greenery recommended(included bushes, and bamboo): Pine trees are my favorites, hands down. The dark green contrast is wonderful with the other colors. Speaking of dark green, go with all the darkest green bushes. They'll be covered in snow, but that just makes a beautiful contrast. Therefore, I recommend hydrangea bushes. If you're not going with winter, make 'em the blue variety.
✿Location of Bridges and what type: Gotta go with those modern bridges! They work great with the theme, I personally like to keep 'em straight, one to each side and one in the middle. Something gotta be practical too. Speaking of modern, I should mention I recommend the modern police station, train station, houses, and town hall for this too.
❀Location of villager houses: I'm someone who likes to put villagers in their own tightly-packed "neighbourhood", so I can focus on grander schemes elsewhere in town. Put as many as you can in the top left corner, try to keep the houses pretty close, but not too close, so you can add cool details like zen benches and modern streetlights to make for a lovely neighbourhood! If you run out of space, perhaps a couple of houses by the town hall. You picked a really good place for your own house, I would recommend putting a modern bridge straight down, so you get that nice one-way path, and an illuminated arch between your residence and the bridge.
✿Your username:❀ confettistan ~

* It's so pink and white... what a Fairytale! *

✿ Kinds of flowers to use in town: Pink and white :) I love color coding. Here, go for tulips as your consistent flower, with pink roses as well, and white cosmos.
❀List of Public work projects: A big windmill surrounded by tulips, all the fairy-tale PWPs, flower arches and pretty much all the Uchi PWPs... seriously, the Uchis are amazing with PWPs. The scarecrow, the wisteria trellis, a lovely picnic blanket... there's so much room for adorableness! The flower arch should go where the illuminated arch went in the last idea. Use the Weeding day topiaries generously, what about a great big, green tulip on each side of the town hall, or the windmill, or a picnic blanket? Also, imagine the illuminated hearts re-applied, this time at sunset! Sunset turns the sky beautifully colorful, said hearts have just lit up all over town, it'll look magical! Also, if you don't like the fairy-tale benches, the wooden benches (aka white benches) can actually look quite pleasant here, blending with the theme.
✿Recommended path and/or placement(link to path qr code): http://darkcrossing.tumblr.com/post/76767061700/mylanadelway-heres-one-variation-i-did-of-the Even though it's bricks, it just feels like it would be soft to thread on. And the texture, the flower detail, the color!
❀Greenery recommended(included bushes, and bamboo): It is VERY important that you keep it April. A big basis here is the cherry blossoms and their beautiful, pink flower rain. Therefore, your trees should only be made from fruitless "saplings", which are the trees that turn pink around this time.
✿Location of Bridges and what type: Fairy-tale bridges! Again, I'm all about the practicality with bridges, so more or less same placement.
❀Location of villager houses: More or less what I said with the other one! Make the neighbourhood full of pink and white goodness instead, and liberally place those blossoming trees and fairy-tale elements!
✿Your username:❀ confettistan again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back