Pokémon Help me choose a monotype team for US/UM!

Inunacho

Bells
Switch
0802-5218-0907
My buddy and I are holdouts for US/UM and just had a mano de mano monotype doubles battle, Normal vs Poison. It was pretty good and we're looking at doing more monotypes in the future.
I'm lazy and don't wanna train an entire team from scratch again so I'm thinking of using some of my old timers I've got lying around. I'm thinking of going Ghost or Ice for our next round.

Ice needs to includes: Articuno and Abomasnow
Ghost needs to include: Chandelure and Banette

Any suggestions on either?

Hello there! I would say go with Ghost as it doesn’t have too many weaknesses and has some pretty good moves. Chandelure and Banette are both really good ghost types as well. Did you want any suggestions on which other Pokemon to use for your team or no?

If you want a functional team, go with Ghost-type. If you want to play on hard mode, go with Ice-type. For a Ghost team, I second Riley's suggestion of Chandelure. Though it's my favorite Pokémon which means I'm definitely biased, it's also a solid special attacker. For an Ice team, that's much more difficult just because of how difficult that type is to use. Though I haven't done much competitive battling for Gen 7, Mamoswine is pretty much always a good choice when it comes to Ice-types so definitely look into that.

Hello there! I would say go with Ghost as it doesn’t have too many weaknesses and has some pretty good moves. Chandelure and Banette are both really good ghost types as well. Did you want any suggestions on which other Pokemon to use for your team or no?
Yes I'd be down for any suggestions!

Yes I'd be down for any suggestions!

Omg, I’m so sorry I haven’t replied until now. Ngl, this has been on my mind all week but I just got really busy with school for the first half of the week, and then for the past couple days I’ve kind of just been vegging out.

Anyway, you might have already picked out your team and done your battle by now, but if not, here’s some Ghost type Pokemon I would suggest for US/UM monotype:

Chandelure
Banette (or Mega Banette)
Gengar (or Mega Gengar)
Spiritomb
Palossand
Mimikyu
Alolan Marowak
Shedinja
Sableye (or Mega Sableye)
Jellicent
Aegislash

I’m not going to suggest moves or setups for them, as that might take out some of the fun teambuilding for you. If you’re lost as to what moves or setups to use, however, you can always look at the ones on Smogon and even deviate a little from those if you want to. I’m also not the best at competitive teambuilding, but I do know the Pokemon I listed above are pretty standard for Ghost type in the US/UM metagame. There’s also other competitive Pokemon veterans here who might have something to contribute that I haven’t thought about. Hope this helps though. ^^

Last edited:
Back