Pokémon Help me build a competitive Dragon monotype team on Pokemon Sword/Shield!

Midoriya

Go beyond! Plus ultra!
Bells
Switch
1119-7626-0996
Island
Sumeru
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Hey there everyone, it’s Midoriya here and now that I beat Pokemon Sword, maxed out the levels of some Pokemon for raids, and am working on completing the Galar Pokedex, I also want to start the process of breeding and raising a competitive Dragon monotype team for the game. As it is known currently, here are the Pokemon I could choose from:

1. Appletun
2. Flygon
3. Haxorus
4. Drampa
5. Turtonator
6. Duraludon
7. Dracozolt
8. Dracovish
9. Hydreigon
10. Goodra
11. Kommo-o
12. Dragapult

I’m not sure which I should choose, but I was thinking a team alongside these lines:

1. Dragapult (Dragon/Ghost)
2. Hydreigon (Dark/Dragon)
3. Duraludon (Steel/Dragon)
4. Turtonator (Fire/Dragon)
5. Appletun (Grass/Dragon)
6. Dracovish (Water/Dragon)

This team seems to be the most balanced and versatile that I can think of, but if anyone has any suggestions for different dragon type Pokemon I should use, let me know.

Also, I have a Hydreigon, Duraludon, and Turtonator I can breed with a Ditto, but I need a Dreepy, Applin, and Dracovish on my team, so if you have one of those and can trade it to me so I can breed for a competitively viable one for my team, let me know! I would trade it back to you once finished, and I could even pay TBT (I think I can get an Applin on route 5 though?).

Also, since chet_manley has pointed out before that I needed different movesets on a team, I’m inclined to let everyone who replies come up with possible movesets and setups for the Pokemon on the team I listed. Reply with what setups I should have here!

So whether it’s by trading me some of the Pokemon I need to breed with or by suggesting roles/setups/moves for the Pokemon I’ll be using, help me build my Pokemon Sword Dragon type team! :D

Last edited:
I have applin and dreepy I can breed a copy for you and I can get an Arctovish as well to breed. Does 5 tbt for all three sound good with you or is that too high? I honestly have no idea :D

I can give you foreign Dreepy if you would like

Do stats or anything matter?

I have applin and dreepy I can breed a copy for you and I can get an Arctovish as well to breed. Does 5 tbt for all three sound good with you or is that too high? I honestly have no idea :D

I can give you foreign Dreepy if you would like

Do stats or anything matter?

OMG, greenfrog100! Thank you so much for this! I’ll take all three. Stats and abilities don’t matter since I’m going to be rebreeding them for good IVs and abilities. I’ll pay you 50 TBT for this. :D

Trainer name is Riley
Switch code is 1119-7626-0996
League Card Code is 0000 0005 5RJ6 VH

Looking forward to trading soon!

EDIT: Whoops, I just realized I made a mistake in the OP! It’s Dracovish I need, not Arctovish. Thank you though. :)

Last edited:
Oh hey even better! I was just about to say that I made a mistake and couldn't actually get you an arctovish yet! But Dracovish, I can definitely do! :D

Did you want a foreign Dreepy or ENG tag?

I'll check if I have any Hidden Abilities

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'll let you know when I have them all bred.

Oh hey even better! I was just about to say that I made a mistake and couldn't actually get you an arctovish yet! But Dracovish, I can definitely do! :D

Did you want a foreign Dreepy or ENG tag?

I'll check if I have any Hidden Abilities

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'll let you know when I have them all bred.

Foreign Dreepy please!

Thank you so much. :)

I have an ENG tag HA, (cursed body), Dreepy as well. I'll just breed a copy of that for you as well.

The foreign Dreepy came from Wonder Trade. Is that okay with you?

I have an ENG tag HA, (cursed body), Dreepy as well. I'll just breed a copy of that for you as well.

The foreign Dreepy came from Wonder Trade. Is that okay with you?

The ENG tag one is fine then! Thank you. :)

Ok all the pokemon have been bred.

I have a female HA Dreepy. Is a male Applin okay? I can keep breeding for a female. :D

Also, about the Dracovish, apparently for some stupid reason, GameFreak thought it would be a fantastic idea to place all the Gen 8 fossil Pokemon in the Undiscovered egg group. Meaning, I can't breed it even with a Ditto.

I still wouldn't mind giving you the Dracovish that was self-obtained by me. However, is it okay if I get one of the Sword Exclusive Pokemon in return if there is one you particularly don't care about? I can also farm a few bottlecaps to give it some better ivs / a mint to change its nature if you would like. And do whatever else you would like me to do. :)

Dracovish summary so far:

Lvl 100

HP - 31
Attack - Hyper Trained (31)
Defense - 0
Sp. Attack - 31
Sp. Defense - 31
Speed - Hyper Trained (31)

Ev Training

Max EVs in Attack
Almost Max EVs in Speed

Dynamax Level - 0

Nature - *Adamant (Given an Adamant Mint) +ATK -Sp. ATK
Real Nature is Docile

- - - Post Merge - - -

Would you like to know natures of the others as well?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and would you like a new nickname for the Dracovish. Right now, it's just "Dracovish"

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have a female Applin now

Ok all the pokemon have been bred.

I have a female HA Dreepy. Is a male Applin okay? I can keep breeding for a female. :D

Also, about the Dracovish, apparently for some stupid reason, GameFreak thought it would be a fantastic idea to place all the Gen 8 fossil Pokemon in the Undiscovered egg group. Meaning, I can't breed it even with a Ditto.

I still wouldn't mind giving you the Dracovish that was self-obtained by me. However, is it okay if I get one of the Sword Exclusive Pokemon in return if there is one you particularly don't care about? I can also farm a few bottlecaps to give it some better ivs / a mint to change its nature if you would like. And do whatever else you would like me to do. :)

Dracovish summary so far:

Lvl 100

HP - 31
Attack - Hyper Trained (31)
Defense - 0
Sp. Attack - 31
Sp. Defense - 31
Speed - Hyper Trained (31)

Ev Training

Max EVs in Attack
Almost Max EVs in Speed

Dynamax Level - 0

Nature - *Adamant (Given an Adamant Mint) +ATK -Sp. ATK
Real Nature is Docile

- - - Post Merge - - -

Would you like to know natures of the others as well?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and would you like a new nickname for the Dracovish. Right now, it's just "Dracovish"

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have a female Applin now

Sure thing! Which Sword exclusive are you looking for?

I was thinking any one of the other fossil pokemon beside the one I am giving as I don't have any of the others registered in my pokedex. So fossil pokemon for fossil pokemon if that's alright.

Alternatively, do you have any special ball pokemon? :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

And did you want me to change anything more on the Dracovish or would like to know the nature for Dreepy and Applin?

I was thinking any one of the other fossil pokemon beside the one I am giving as I don't have any of the others registered in my pokedex. So fossil pokemon for fossil pokemon if that's alright.

Alternatively, do you have any special ball pokemon? :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

And did you want me to change anything more on the Dracovish or would like to know the nature for Dreepy and Applin?

Sorry, I don’t have any fossil Pokemon to trade nor any special ball Pokemon. Is there anything else you want? I’m trying to find the Digging Duo in the wild area right now.

I'm only about halfway into the Pokedex right now myself. About 200 out of 400. So there is definitely a lot I'm still looking for.

Which Sword exclusive pokemon do you have on you right now?

Besides that, I'm still looking for several hidden ability pokemon for breeding purposes :D

I'll give you some time to look through.

I have to take about an hour break from the forums right now :D

I'm only about halfway into the Pokedex right now myself. About 200 out of 400. So there is definitely a lot I'm still looking for.

Which Sword exclusive pokemon do you have on you right now?

Besides that, I'm still looking for several hidden ability pokemon for breeding purposes :D

I'll give you some time to look through.

I have to take about an hour break from the forums right now :D

Would a Togekiss with its HA from a raid be okay? That’s about the best thing I can offer. The Dracovish is fine, and yes I would like to know the natures for Dreepy and Applin please.

The female applin is Adamant nature

The two males are Impish and Jolly

The female HA Dreepy I have bred are Sassy, Bold, Rash,

I have a male HA Dreepy that has a Relaxed Nature

- - - Post Merge - - -

And a Togekiss would be fine. Thnx!

The female applin is Adamant nature

The two males are Impish and Jolly

The female HA Dreepy I have bred are Sassy, Bold, Rash,

I have a male HA Dreepy that has a Relaxed Nature

- - - Post Merge - - -

And a Togekiss would be fine. Thnx!

Is it possible to get an Applin with the Modest nature?

And Adamant for Dreepy?

Just let me know. :)

Yeah I'll keep breeding until it happens. I'll see what natures the parents are

Alright, thank you very much for all the help. I really appreciate it. I’ll try and trade you some good mons along with Togekiss too for the three. :)

I'm ready now. :D If you're not though, that's ok we can trade tomorrow sometime.

- - - Post Merge - - -

We can trade tomorrow Izuku :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

My timeline is in sig btw.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Timezone sorry

Back