• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Help! How to get stubborn villager to move out?

Freya_Druid

Living noob; dead expert
Bells
New Leaf Token
Perfect Orange
Perfect Pear
Perfect Peach
Perfect Cherry
Galaxy Swirl
Gold Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Blue Moon Jellyfish
Ocean Pearl
So I’ve been trying several different tactics to get Cally to move out so I can cycle her and eventually move her house, but nothing is working. I tried the ignoring her method for well over a month with no success, I’m trying the best friends go away method with no success this far, the only thing I really haven’t tried it complaining about her or harassing her into leaving but I’m concerned she may not want to come back if I do that. I guess one of the updates changed game mechanics cause my villagers aren’t reflective of all personality types and I just had a 10th villager move in without being invited (or I just broke my game somehow but idk how since I’ve never used any 3rd party app to edit saves or anything). If anyone has suggestions I would be greatly appreciative seeing as google and searching this forum is getting me nowhere at this point. Thanks!

Sorry to tell you, my friend, but despite the many rumors around this, the only truth is that what villager is leaving next it absolutely, completely and 100% random. It doesn't matter what you do or don't, nothing will affect it in any way.
The best you can do is measure the days and take note on when the next time someone (whoever) is to "activate" to leave. Then save your game at 5.59 the previous day, let a couple of minutes go by and check it out. If it's the one you want to move out, save the game; if it's not, quit without saving and load again until you get it.

Last edited:
Back